Windows 10: Don't copy option in Windows explorer not working

Discus and support Don't copy option in Windows explorer not working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello all I hope someone can help please. I have never seen a solution to this problem (in mutiple years and versions of Windows) and for the life of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by PaulLemonidis, Sep 29, 2019.

1. Don't copy option in Windows explorer not working

Hello all

I hope someone can help please. I have never seen a solution to this problem (in mutiple years and versions of Windows) and for the life of me don't understand MS would provide functionality that doesn't work by default. The picture below is the result of copying two folders with the same name with many duplicate file names in each. The conflict message below is thus exactly what I would expect to see. Upon coming across the first conflict explorer correctly displays the message below. Please see the picture below. If I tick "do this for all conflicts" having selected "copy and replace" it correctly and as I would expect does precisely that and replaces every file and adds any extra ones that don't exist already. However, if I select "don't copy" instead it does nothing rather than skipping all the existing files and just copying the missing ones. Thus meaning there is absolutely no difference between selecting "don't copy" and just hitting cancel. I have tried doing the same with the shift key held down, just in case, but it makes no difference. I would do it in powershell or another alternative to MS explorer but as the destination folder is on my mobile phone and consequently does not have a drive letter associated with it that is not an option. Is there a way around this that I have missed or does the option simply not work?

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,

Paul Lemonidis.

Don't copy option in Windows explorer not working [​IMG]

:)

PaulLemonidis, Sep 29, 2019
  2. Valeriu Win User

Dolby advanced audio v2 (Windows 10 don-t work)

Hello guys!I have a problem with advanced audio v2 on windows 10 don-t work
    Don't copy option in Windows explorer not working [​IMG]

Valeriu, Sep 29, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 29, 2019
  4. armym3 Win User

Don't copy option in Windows explorer not working

WarRock 3D Detection don´t works

Hello Guys,

i had a problem with my Card. The card didn´t wanted to change in 3D Modus. Ok now i removed the other 2 Pins and now it runs in 3D Modus in 3DMark06 too. The Card is a HD 2900GT. But my Game WarRock don´t runs in 3D Modus. Is there a List where i can start the game in 3D Manual? Because in Automatic it don´t want start because the Card don´t see that it is an 3D Game. Can someone help me?

armym3, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

Don't copy option in Windows explorer not working

1. Don't copy option in Windows explorer not working - Similar Threads - Don't copy option

2. My windows recovery environment options don't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows recovery environment options don't work: Recently, I had to perform a clean install of windows 11 on my HP pavilion 13 laptop because it encountered an unmountable boot volume error.I used a USB to perform this install, and everything went mostly smoothly. I had to download a driver from HP in order to view my...
  3. My windows recovery environment options don't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My windows recovery environment options don't work: Recently, I had to perform a clean install of windows 11 on my HP pavilion 13 laptop because it encountered an unmountable boot volume error.I used a USB to perform this install, and everything went mostly smoothly. I had to download a driver from HP in order to view my...
  4. Windows recovery drive options don't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows recovery drive options don't work: I created windows 10 system image of my desktop on an external hard drive and no matter what method I use to try to restore it I get stopped at the "To restore this computer, Windows needs to format the drive that the Windows Recovery environment is currently running on. To...
  5. Windows recovery drive options don't work

Windows recovery drive options don't work: I created windows 10 system image of my desktop on an external hard drive and no matter what method I use to try to restore it I get stopped at the "To restore this computer, Windows needs to format the drive that the Windows Recovery environment is currently running on. To...
  6. Windows recovery drive options don't work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. What happened to the "Copy To" option in Windows 11 File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happened to the "Copy To" option in Windows 11 File Explorer?: I can't believe that Microsoft removed the "Copy To" and "Move To" options in Windows 11 File Explorer! I used these options often! Unless I'm missing something, Microsoft just heavy handedly removed these options!...
  8. What happened to the "Copy To" option in Windows 11 File Explorer?

What happened to the "Copy To" option in Windows 11 File Explorer?: I can't believe that Microsoft removed the "Copy To" and "Move To" options in Windows 11 File Explorer! I used these options often! Unless I'm missing something, Microsoft just heavy handedly removed these options!...
  9. How does Copy in explorer work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How does Copy in explorer work: I use file explorer, copy command to do quick and dirty backups onto a portable drive...I select the folders I'm interested in, and copy them to a USB drive.Since a lot of the files most of them, in fact are already on the portable drive after the first copy, file explorer...
  10. right click options don't work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    right click options don't work: In all Microsoft programs the right click works sporadically. Right click to: Copy/Paste Rename Create folder/directory This happens within Word, Excel, etc. Many times, in an application - Windows and others - I must hit ESC several times to have the right click reset....