Windows 10: Don’t ever want to see “details” view in folders for Windows 10

Discus and support Don’t ever want to see “details” view in folders for Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Don’t ever want to see “details” view in folders for Windows 10When I create a new folder in windows 10, I do not want the “details” view to be the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by trh4444, May 31, 2021.

1. trh4444 Win User

Don’t ever want to see “details” view in folders for Windows 10

Don’t ever want to see “details” view in folders for Windows 10When I create a new folder in windows 10, I do not want the “details” view to be the default view when the folder is created. I want folders to be created with the “list” view. Then I want each individual folder in windows 10 to maintain the view I last viewed it in forever. So if I select list on one folder I want it to be list forever. If I select large icons for another folder, I want it to be large icons forever. On my PC, whichever view I make folders with and whichever view I last viewed them in, they always “snap back” to de

:)

trh4444, May 31, 2021
  2. mrgeek Win User

Change Folder View Layout in Windows 10

"uhm that method does not work. i want to set folder view as List as default instead Details for all folders"
    Did you download and run Brink's .bat file in Step 1 ? Lacking that, look at the screens in post 3. In Step 5 'folders of this type' defaults to each of the Windows templates for Pictures, Music, etc. If you want ALL folders to have the same List view, r-click any folder in each of the 5 folders under This PC (Desktop does not apply) and hit 'Customize this folder'. Set to 'Optimize this folder for General Items". Then follow the screen in post 3 using List instead of Details in Step 1 and you should be good to go.

mrgeek, May 31, 2021
  3. Custom Folder view for new folders registery hack ?

Te new folder has default view of LIST

I want DETAILS

When making new system ... it's a pain in ass changing always.

RuskiSnajper, May 31, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 31, 2021
Thema:

1. Don’t ever want to see “details” view in folders for Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Don’t ever “details”

2. Why does my folder view keep reverting to details view?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my folder view keep reverting to details view?: I keep trying to set my file explorer to show files in medium icons, but when I close it, it then opens with list view again. How can I get it to remember my choices...
  3. Why does my folder view keep reverting to details view?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why does my folder view keep reverting to details view?: I keep trying to set my file explorer to show files in medium icons, but when I close it, it then opens with list view again. How can I get it to remember my choices...
  4. Why does my folder view keep reverting to details view?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Why are folder icons occasionally tiny in Windows 10 explorer "detail view"?

Why are folder icons occasionally tiny in Windows 10 explorer "detail view"?: Windows 10 Explorer has recently started rendering folder but not file icons as tiny in the "detail" view. Rebooting or killing/restarting explorer.exe seems to fix it, but I haven't figured out any way to stop it from happening in the first place or fixing it in a more...
  6. Add details to files in the detail view

Add details to files in the detail view: Hello. I have a folder, "Invoices," that has a few different file types in it. The files are invoices that I get from vendors, normally as email attachments. I have over 100 vendors and I get the invoices as PDF's, Excel, or Word. I drag and drop the email attachment to...
  7. possible to show folder SIZE in details view?

in Windows 10 Support
    possible to show folder SIZE in details view?: Feels crazy that this doesn't happen automatically, but it doesn't seem to in ANY version of windows. When I look at the details view, the size column is empty for folders. Of course if I right click the folder and choose "properties", a dialog box will show me the total of...
  8. Folder view always reverts to 'details'

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder view always reverts to 'details': I want to set all my folder views to List and have set it to be so from folder options several times but it keeps reverting to Details. Is this a bug? Anyone else experiencing this? And either way is there a master setting somewhere (like default programs) where I can...
  9. View User Account Details in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    View User Account Details in Windows 10: How to: View User Account Details in Windows 10 How to View Full Details of All User Accounts in Windows 10 [img] Information This tutorial will show you how to quickly view full details about all user accounts on your Windows 10 PC. The full details of user...
  10. View/Choose Details

in Windows 10 Support
    View/Choose Details: In Windows 7 and earlier you could click View and "Choose Details" to customize which columns were displayed in an individual folder. Is there a way to do this in Windows 10? 45344