Windows 10: Don't expect too much from Windows 11 version 23H2

Discus and support Don't expect too much from Windows 11 version 23H2 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft is still on track to release a feature update for its Windows 11 operating system later this year. The company announced a stop for feature... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, May 19, 2023.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Don't expect too much from Windows 11 version 23H2

Microsoft is still on track to release a feature update for its Windows 11 operating system later this year. The company announced a stop for feature updates for Windows 10, but Windows 11 will continue to get a yearly feature update next to the Moments updates that Microsoft releases throughout the year.

Microsoft is tight lipped about the upcoming feature update. The company has not revealed much about Windows 11 version 23H2 and is still preparing to release the Moments 3 update for Windows 11.

Now we know why. Windows 11 version 23H2 will be a smaller update that installs similarly to cumulative updates for the operating system. It is the first feature update for Windows 11 that will install this way. The previous feature update, Windows 11 version 22H2, was a major update to the operating system.

Microsoft did not confirm any of this. Here is how we know. Windows enthusiast PantomOcean3 noticed that Microsoft released an internal build recently with a new build number. This new build is based on Windows 11 version 22H2 and it has its own enablement package, KB5027397.

This suggests strongly that Windows 11 version 23H2 will be a smaller update that will install quickly on user devices. While that is a good thing for system administrators, as updating becomes less of a headache, it also means that Windows 11 users should not expect major new features or differences in the new version of Windows 11.

Microsoft is still on track to release a fourth Moments update later this year. It is possible that this update will be included in the next feature update for Windows 11. Moments updates are smaller updates that introduce some new features and changes to the operating system.

Windows 11 version 23H2 will be released near the end of the year, likely around October 2023.

The next major release for the Windows platform happens in the second half of 2024. Whether this will indeed be the Windows 12 release that everyone is expecting or not, remains to be seen.

Microsoft did announce earlier that it decided to switch back to a three-year release cycle for its Windows platform. Windows 11 was officially released on October 5, 2021 to the public. This would pinpoint the release of the next major version of Windows to October 2024.

The new release will at least match the system requirements of Windows 11. Windows 10 users who have hoped to jump straight to it may be disappointed, if their devices do not meet the system requirements for Windows 11.

Now You: what is your take on all of this? Are you happy with the Moments updates?

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Don't expect too much from Windows 11 version 23H2 appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, May 19, 2023

2. AMD A10-6800K 4.1GHz Quad Core Overclocking possibility

Thanks, have heard this before...is their a step by step procedure to OC using the bios settings you suggest.
    i don’t intend pushing this to its limit...but some increase would be great, any suggestions on a good air cooler ?

thanks

reddwarf4ever, May 19, 2023
  3. Valeriu Win User
    Dolby advanced audio v2 (Windows 10 don-t work)

Hello guys!I have a problem with advanced audio v2 on windows 10 don-t work
    Don't expect too much from Windows 11 version 23H2 45596d1485958941t-dolby-advanced-audio-v2-windows-10-don-t-work-1.png

Valeriu, May 19, 2023
  4. Don't expect too much from Windows 11 version 23H2

OS version 7629. I don´t know wich version is that, NoDO? Mango?

I just bought a Samsung Focus AT&T Rev.1.3. It comes with OS version 7629. I don´t know wich version is that, NoDO? Mango? Third Pary apps just crash after I open them, help!

JosuéGutiérrez, May 19, 2023
Thema:

Don't expect too much from Windows 11 version 23H2

1. Don't expect too much from Windows 11 version 23H2 - Similar Threads - Don't expect too

2. Windows Update - Windows 11, version 23H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update - Windows 11, version 23H2: Boa tarde a todos.Peço vossa ajuda, eu fiz o update do meu windows 11 para a versão Windows 11, version 23H2.Mas depois que fiz esse update o meu pc tem se comportando de um jeito diferente, ele tem congelado a tela sempre que que abro qualquer aplicativo.Estou usando um Acer...
  3. Windows Update - Windows 11, version 23H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update - Windows 11, version 23H2: Boa tarde a todos.Peço vossa ajuda, eu fiz o update do meu windows 11 para a versão Windows 11, version 23H2.Mas depois que fiz esse update o meu pc tem se comportando de um jeito diferente, ele tem congelado a tela sempre que que abro qualquer aplicativo.Estou usando um Acer...
  4. Don't work TaskBar after Windows 11, version 23H2 update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Don't work TaskBar after Windows 11, version 23H2 update.: After Windows 11, version 23H2 update, task bar stopped working. Tried on different local accounts and the same. Restarted windows explorer without luck. Checked my account permissions and they say part of Administrator group....
  5. Don't work TaskBar after Windows 11, version 23H2 update.

Don't work TaskBar after Windows 11, version 23H2 update.: After Windows 11, version 23H2 update, task bar stopped working. Tried on different local accounts and the same. Restarted windows explorer without luck. Checked my account permissions and they say part of Administrator group....
  6. Windows 11, Version: 23H2 OS.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11, Version: 23H2 OS.: To,Microsoft CommunityHey Friends, this is Gavin Mathos here & currently using Windows 11, Version: 22H2 OS.I am eagerly waiting for launch & testing the upcomming "Windows 11, Version: 23H2" OS. What are the new feature you will see in the upcomming "Windows 11, Version:...
  7. Windows 11, Version: 23H2 OS.

Windows 11, Version: 23H2 OS.: To,Microsoft CommunityHey Friends, this is Gavin Mathos here & currently using Windows 11, Version: 22H2 OS.I am eagerly waiting for launch & testing the upcomming "Windows 11, Version: 23H2" OS. What are the new feature you will see in the upcomming "Windows 11, Version:...
  8. Here is what you can expect from the Windows 11 version 23H2 update

in Windows 10 News
    Here is what you can expect from the Windows 11 version 23H2 update: Microsoft plans to release Windows 11 version 23H2, the new feature update for its Windows 11 operating system soon. As usual, Microsoft is not revealing the release date of the update, but the most likely scenario is that it will come out at the end of this month or in...
  9. What to expect from Windows 11 23H2?

in Windows 10 News
    What to expect from Windows 11 23H2?: Windows 11 23H2 is a major update that includes a number of new features and improvements. These new features are designed to make Windows 11 more user-friendly, efficient, and secure. Let's take a look at the update expected to arrive this fall. What's new on Windows 11...
  10. Is it too much to expect to be able to listen to music, hear sound on videos and...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is it too much to expect to be able to listen to music, hear sound on videos and...: Firstly I will revise my subject line to ......."Is it too much to expect, bearing in mind that consumers were forced into using an operating system without the option of choice, that the said system will function flawlessly?" Ok my reason for this post is a last ditch...