Windows 10: Dont forget EDGE CAN access Localhost type IP addresses now

Discus and support Dont forget EDGE CAN access Localhost type IP addresses now in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi there Edge has been modified so you CAN set it to access local host type of sites (at least in build 10240). This was mentioned a while ago... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jimbo45, Jul 25, 2015.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Dont forget EDGE CAN access Localhost type IP addresses now

Hi there

Edge has been modified so you CAN set it to access local host type of sites (at least in build 10240).

This was mentioned a while ago but just as a reminder -- many people have servers etc that have a web interface with a localhost or 127.x.x.x type of IP address to control them.

type about:flags into the URL area and then check the box.

This may have been posted before but that was some while ago -- just re-posting as a reminder for new users of EDGE.
    You don't need to mess around with the registry anymore to get edge to access local host.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Jul 25, 2015

2. Can't connect to share drives after upgrade to Windows 10

I have the same problem connecting to shared drives or my NAS. File explorer sees them, but it wont connect. The only way I can get around it is to type the ip address of the device I want to connect to in file explorer, then it works fine. So for instance
    if the computer or NAS sharing the drive has an ip address of 192.168.1.2, you would type
    \\192.168.1.2 (dont forget the slashes) in the address bar in file explorer and then hit enter.

RobWilJas78, Jul 25, 2015
  3. DaveJB Win User
    Missing network protocol

I am in the process of building a Server - PHP - MySQL base for developing Webpages as .php files. I need to use the 'localhost' to view my pages. If I open any browser (I have Edge, IE11, Firefox, Chrome, and Opera) and type in http://localhost/ I find
    I cannot connect. On running a troubleshooting sequence the error message displayed is 'missing network protocol'.

I ran 'netsh int ip reset' on an elevated command prompt to try and fix this issue.

The result was this:

C:\>netsh int ip reset

Resetting Global, OK!

Resetting Interface, OK!

Resetting Unicast Address, OK!

Resetting Neighbor, OK!

Resetting Path, OK!

Resetting , failed.

Access is denied.
    Resetting , OK!

Restart the computer to complete this action.

C:\>

The problem of a missing protocol was not fixed.

Can anyone help me with this problem? My thanks, .

DaveJB, Jul 25, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

Thanks for the information.

Jeff

BunnyJ, Jul 25, 2015
  5. swinster Win User
    This issue affects more than 127.x.x.x type addresses, but also other private IP address (RFC 1918).

We use a Shrew Soft IPsec VPN adapter that creates a virtual NIC on the machine, and then adds multiple IP routes pointing to this interface. This is all pretty standard stuff, but getting Edge to render a web page on a host with an IP address such as 10.x.x.x (that is routed via the VPN adapter) is pretty difficult (read impossible????). I have not been able to achieve this as yet, by using these methods and others out there on the Internet.

If you check the Windows Feedback site for Edge, you will note that many others have the same issue.

Ideas welcome.

swinster, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Dont forget EDGE CAN access Localhost type IP addresses now - Similar Threads - Dont forget EDGE

2. Accessing localhost server via my ipv4 address

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accessing localhost server via my ipv4 address: I'm not able to access my localhost server xampp htdocs via my ip address, what setting should be made to do so? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/accessing-localhost-server-via-my-ipv4-address/fa1b5c38-073e-415c-b274-652b1bdefede
  3. 127.0.0.1 or localhost don't work, but ip address does?

127.0.0.1 or localhost don't work, but ip address does?: Running Windows 10 Pro 64 bit and having an odd issue that I can't resolve. My browser is Edge Chromium. I have a several programs running on my PC that use a web based interface, each running on their own port. For example, 8081 is used by SickBeard. 8082 is used by...
  4. app that can record ip address

app that can record ip address: app that can record ip address? site/software/app that can tell you what your ip address is every hour or something so you can know when it changes 146690
  5. IP Addresses - Unwanted Remote Access

IP Addresses - Unwanted Remote Access: I talked to Microsoft on an issue and told them I used a wireless connection on one of my two computers. One computer uses Vista (wireless) and the other Windows 10 (through a router). Microsoft said my issue could have been caused by someone remotely accessing my computer....
  6. IP Addresses - Unwanted Remote Access

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    IP Addresses - Unwanted Remote Access: I talked to Microsoft on an issue and told them I used a wireless connection on one of my two computers. One computer uses Vista (wireless) and the other Windows 10 (through a router). Microsoft said my issue could have been caused by someone remotely accessing my computer....
  7. IP Address.

IP Address.: How do I find the IP address of mu computer (running W10)? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ip-address/00092bb2-a514-4914-9938-3ca553c4e29a
  8. IP Address

in Windows 10 Customization
    IP Address: How do I find the IP address of my desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ip-address/2bb05fc1-6350-45a4-bd4d-fdd5a278655e
  9. IP Address

IP Address: How can I find my IP Address on facebook as I thank someone has tried to hack my account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/ip-address/4bba95ea-7fb3-4096-ae5e-95e62cbee6c2
  10. Edge browser can't access LOCALHOST type of IP addresses (build 10122

in Browsers and Email
    Edge browser can't access LOCALHOST type of IP addresses (build 10122: Hi there same problem with EDGE (the new browser) - can't access localhost type of addresses. I use several media servers with Web interface for controls etc. Get around - use loopback adapter -- but why should I -- Chrome / FF / IE all work still). I don't want to...