Windows 10: Don't get to excited about the features of Windows 10 version 21H1

Discus and support Don't get to excited about the features of Windows 10 version 21H1 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; The next feature update for Windows 10 is coming soon. Many Windows 10 administrators and users may be interested in the update, especially what it is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Mar 28, 2021.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Don't get to excited about the features of Windows 10 version 21H1

The next feature update for Windows 10 is coming soon. Many Windows 10 administrators and users may be interested in the update, especially what it is going to change, introduce or remove from the Windows 10 operating system.

Microsoft revealed some time ago that Windows 10 version 21H1 will be a smaller update. In fact, it will be identical to Windows 10 version 20H2 in terms of installation complexity and the time it takes to install the update. In short: it is smaller in size, won't take as long to install, and does not require as many reboots as major feature updates, such as Windows 10 version 21H2, expected in the second half of 2021.

The faster update experience is reserved to devices running Windows 10 version 2004 and 20H2 only. Devices that are upgraded from earlier versions of Windows need to be run through the full feature update installation process.

While that is great when it comes to the installation of the update, it does mean that it won't include many new features or major changes.

Microsoft describes the upcoming feature update in the following way:

Based on feedback and learnings during the past year of extensive remote work, learning and play, version 21H1 will be delivered with servicing technology (like that used for the monthly update process and how 20H2 was delivered). Windows 10, version 21H1 will have a scoped set of features improving security, remote access and quality.

The features we are releasing in this update are focused on the core experiences that customers have told us they’re relying on most right now. So, we optimized this release to support our customers’ most pressing needs.
    Windows 10 version 21H1

Don't get to excited about the features of Windows 10 version 21H1 windows-10-version-21h1-feature-update.png

Microsoft lists only three feature additions of Windows 10 version 21H1:

• Multicamera support in Windows Hello, so that users may set the external camera as the default when external and internal cameras are connected to the Windows 10 device.
    • Windows Defender Application Guard performance improvements.
    • Robocopy performance improvement for copy operations that exceed 400 Megabytes in size.
    • Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) Group Policy Service updating performance improvement.

Users can also expect that the legacy version of Microsoft Edge is not included anymore for new installs, and that the new Microsoft Edge will take up its place instead. Microsoft retired the legacy browser back in March 2021.

It is quite possible that other features may be introduced as part of the Windows Feature Experience Pack that Microsoft is working on. We will update this article if Microsoft confirms new feature additions.

Judging by Microsoft's highlights, Windows 10 version 21H1 will have less of an appeal to home users, as it is bug fixes and corrections mostly that home users can expect from the release.

Now You: Are you looking forward to the Windows 10 version 21H1 release?

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Don't get to excited about the features of Windows 10 version 21H1 appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Mar 28, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Introducing the next feature update to Windows 10 version 21H1

Source: Introducing the next feature update to Windows 10, version 21H1 | Windows Experience Blog

See also: KB5000736 Windows 10 Insider Beta Channel Build 19043.844 (21H1)

Brink, Mar 28, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Features removed and deprecated in Windows 10 version 21H1

Source:

Brink, Mar 28, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 28, 2021
Thema:

1. Don't get to excited about the features of Windows 10 version 21H1 - Similar Threads - Don't excited features

2. Feature update to Windows 10, version 21H1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Feature update to Windows 10, version 21H1: This update automatically occurred yesterday, February 15, 2022, I do NOT like automatic updates!!!.Since then, my computer has re-started on its own four times.Once in the middle of me typing a long email.Once in the middle of a Zoom call.Nothing... let me repeat that......
  3. Feature update to Windows 10, version 21H1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Feature update to Windows 10, version 21H1: This update automatically occurred yesterday, February 15, 2022, I do NOT like automatic updates!!!.Since then, my computer has re-started on its own four times.Once in the middle of me typing a long email.Once in the middle of a Zoom call.Nothing... let me repeat that......
  4. Feature update to Windows 10, version 21H1

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 Feature Update version 21H1 is not updating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Feature Update version 21H1 is not updating: I do not know the purpose of this update, I have tried to update it several times but it does not finish, it always says that there was a problem with the internal program. Can anybody help me?...
  6. Windows 10 Feature Update version 21H1 is not updating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Feature Update version 21H1 is not updating: I do not know the purpose of this update, I have tried to update it several times but it does not finish, it always says that there was a problem with the internal program. Can anybody help me?...
  7. Media Feature Pack Windows 10 Version 21H1

Media Feature Pack Windows 10 Version 21H1: Greetings,Based on Microsoft instruction: "For Windows 10 version 1903 and later, you can add the Media Feature Pack by going to Start > Settings > Apps > Apps and features > Optional features > Add a feature, and then locate Media Feature Pack in the list of available...
  8. Feature update to Windows 10, version 21H1

Feature update to Windows 10, version 21H1: I can't seem to install this restart, have been stuck like this for a while, tried restart and updates, update and shut down several times and it still like this...
  9. Feature update to Windows 10, version 21H1

Feature update to Windows 10, version 21H1: My laptop downloaded the update "2021-05 Cumulative Update Preview for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64 KB5003254", that I have not yet installed.If I click on "View optional updates", I see this:I cannot find anything explaining what "Feature...
  10. Windows 10 Your Phone app will get another exciting feature

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Your Phone app will get another exciting feature: After killing off Windows 10 Mobile, Microsoft has been improving its mobile apps for iOS and Android. Microsoft doesn’t intrinsically own these platforms, but the software giant’s new strategy appears to seed its apps and services everywhere it could. Windows 10’s Your...