Windows 10: Don't have access to admin account.

Discus and support Don't have access to admin account. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I recently got a new computer from a friend of mine at school (it runs windows 10). I was able to login to his account but i cannot wipe or add... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Und3rstandable, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Don't have access to admin account.

I recently got a new computer from a friend of mine at school (it runs windows 10). I was able to login to his account but i cannot wipe or add accounts because his fathers account is admin. I have tried to add the built in admin through the command screen but it gives me an access denied. Is there any way for me to get into the admin account or factory reset the computer without the admin account?

:)

Und3rstandable, Nov 7, 2018
  2. PANDIT G. Win User

Admin account locked

My admin account is locked don,t know how to unlock but have a standard user to login please suggest can I do something from normal user to unlock the admin account.

PANDIT G., Nov 7, 2018
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Nov 7, 2018
  4. angus Win User

Don't have access to admin account.

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Nov 7, 2018
Thema:

Don't have access to admin account.

1. Don't have access to admin account. - Similar Threads - Don't access admin

2. Deleted Admin Account and have no access to admin rights

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deleted Admin Account and have no access to admin rights: I have dual booted my MacBook Pro. In windows 10 I logged in as Admin and removed the account from membership tabs...So I am left only with standard user....Now I can not do any activity wherein admin rights are required.. I tried everything but not able to get back admin...
  3. Unable to access admin account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to access admin account: In 2016 we purchased a laptop for our daughter and she set up the admin account and the backup account. She doesn't remember the PW to the admin acct, the back up account was deleted by me for parental reasons and every single attempt I've tried to regain access to my OWN...
  4. I don't have Admin rights,but I am Admin

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I don't have Admin rights,but I am Admin: I bought a new laptop and activated my win 10 OS. I was able to install new programs for awhile,but something changed and now I can't download new programs or update existing programs. Whenever I try to do either,a UAC windows pops-up and tells me to sign-in as Admin and the...
  5. Program says I don't have priviliges to run it even on admin account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program says I don't have priviliges to run it even on admin account: I have been using visual studio code normally for about two months, but today, when I want to launch it, I get an error message: (rough translation) "Windows does not have access to the selected device or file. You probably don't have permission to access it". I am on the...
  6. No longer access to admin account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No longer access to admin account: I am the sole user of this pc but can no longer get full access to the Powershell or upgrade my current admin status to change user options. Also File Explorer does not function correctly eg It will not let me rename any directory and instead just closes itself....
  7. Admin access to users accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Admin access to users accounts: Now that I've upgrade our main machine from xp64 to Win10, I am not trying to restore everyone profile stuff. However, even as admin I can't seem to access anyone's profile but mine. How can i access their profiles so I can load all their stuff back into them? It would...
  8. Lost access to my Admin Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lost access to my Admin Account: Please I need your help because I’ve lost access to my Admin Account. I use two accounts with the same password but I haven’t entered my Admin Account for a long time. I’ saw that my clock didn’t adjust for DST and tried to enter my Admin Account but it proved to be locked...
  9. Don't have access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Don't have access: I try and open a program but it says I have no access. I have gone on both drives and changed the security so everyone has full access, but once it comes to the program I want to run, an error saying it was denied comes up. No idea what is wrong. This is for a video game, and...
  10. No Admin Access /Cannot change existing user accounts to admin account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    No Admin Access /Cannot change existing user accounts to admin account: Hello All, I'm delighted to have found you and after a long day of trying to help myself i am now requiring your much appreciated assistance please!*cry I'm not a techy person at all and am hoping someone can help*Smile Last week my husband purchased a new hp laptop which...