Windows 10: Don't have access to the second email code needed for my account

Discus and support Don't have access to the second email code needed for my account in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Don't have access to the second email code needed for my account (the second email account used was deleted due to moving and switching internet... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Gintsa, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Gintsa Win User

Don't have access to the second email code needed for my account

Don't have access to the second email code needed for my account (the second email account used was deleted due to moving and switching internet providers), and it sent me to a questionnaire that I have filled out 3 times, but was unsuccessful. I am just trying to put windows insider on my current account that won't let me due to not having the code/not successfully filling out the questionnaire. I tried contacting support, but was directed here so that a support engineer can answer it. Is there anything else I can do?

:)

Gintsa, Oct 30, 2018
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Oct 30, 2018
  3. Mark567 Win User
    Cant access second email account

I have two email accounts, one for work and one for friends, shopping, spam etc.

I put my work email in first (which now I can't change, don't get me started on that!) and I can access emails from that one fine. It works from the small 1x1 email button at the top of the app list.

I added my second account and it created a bigger 2x2 email button at the bottom of the app list. When I tap it it sends me to a screen with an email to the second address. I open the email and its asking me to verify my account and saying its blocked
    access to my inbox. It tells me to click on the link to unblock my inbox.

The link just sends me to outlook with the inbox of my work email account though.

How to I access my second email account?

Also, how do you get into outlook normally for emails? When I access my work email there is no outlook, just a black screen which is the inbox where I can switch between all, unread, flagged or urgent. I can only seem to get outlook via the link verification
    email. Its all very confusing!

Thx for any help you can give

Mark567, Oct 30, 2018
  4. Don't have access to the second email code needed for my account

email account hacked. please help

Also may I suggest you change email accounts to one of the following.....

Gmail
    Outlook

The reason is they both use "Step two verification". This style of verification means even if a hacker gets your password they cannot log in to your account. You see every time someone try's to log in that hasn't been verified you will get a text or a phone call giving you a final code to log in. Its very easy and simple to setup also. The great thing is once you setup your Email application with a specific "application password" from that account you never have to log in again AND your account is protected from being logged in from foreign entities.

I like the new outlook personally however Gmail is also damn good. Gmail also has an IP tracker that allows you to see WHERE the account has been logged in from. Anyway let us know if you wanna change over and have any questions. We will be happy to help and welcome to TPU!

TheMailMan78, Oct 30, 2018
Thema:

Don't have access to the second email code needed for my account

1. Don't have access to the second email code needed for my account - Similar Threads - Don't access second

2. Need to remove an account from my device and no longer have access to the email associated...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need to remove an account from my device and no longer have access to the email associated...: About seven years ago I was bullied out of the business that I had the account under the email address and he will not cooperate with me to give me the code so I could log on and delete it. I no longer remember what passwords were used then to reset it through no longer...
  3. Need to remove an account from my device and no longer have access to the email associated...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Need to remove an account from my device and no longer have access to the email associated...: About seven years ago I was bullied out of the business that I had the account under the email address and he will not cooperate with me to give me the code so I could log on and delete it. I no longer remember what passwords were used then to reset it through no longer...
  4. Win 7 Product Key Emailed but I don't have access to any of my old email accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 7 Product Key Emailed but I don't have access to any of my old email accounts: Hello, I am trying to reset an old computer to simply donate it and accidently deleted "important" records that make Win 7 run. So, I found my disc that I received from Martin Sacchi, Senior Director of Microsoft. The letter states the "key" was emailed to me. When? Which...
  5. Win 7 Product Key Emailed but I don't have access to any of my old email accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 7 Product Key Emailed but I don't have access to any of my old email accounts: Hello, I am trying to reset an old computer to simply donate it and accidently deleted "important" records that make Win 7 run. So, I found my disc that I received from Martin Sacchi, Senior Director of Microsoft. The letter states the "key" was emailed to me. When? Which...
  6. Computer needs old email address I don't have access to to login. Local account gone....

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Computer needs old email address I don't have access to to login. Local account gone....: Hello support team,Recently, I 'update & restarted' my machine Windows 10. Once it turned back on, my login page had changed. My local account is not there and in its place, a hotmail account from many years ago. I cannot switch user accounts. The recovery email address of...
  7. I want to change the email on my user account but I don't have access to my old email anymore

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I want to change the email on my user account but I don't have access to my old email anymore: When I first set up my computer I used my old email, eventually, I made a new account and started regularly using that one, today I was looking up at the windows 10 account settings and I noticed I still have that old email associated to my account so I tried to change it to...
  8. I can't verify my account because I don't have access to that email anymore

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I can't verify my account because I don't have access to that email anymore: I am trying to get back my account, I want to be able to play halo the master chief collection PC version. I have already tried doing the form thing countless times to no avail please help I just want my account back...
  9. I need to access an account, I no longer have access to this accounts email and I cant...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I need to access an account, I no longer have access to this accounts email and I cant...: HI, first off I would just like to say how **** your support system is. After 20 minutes of trying to reach an actual person I got no where. My issue is I need to access my fathers account so I can change the email so we can access it. Now Ive gotten into an account with...
  10. Don't have access to admin account.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Don't have access to admin account.: I recently got a new computer from a friend of mine at school (it runs windows 10). I was able to login to his account but i cannot wipe or add accounts because his fathers account is admin. I have tried to add the built in admin through the command screen but it gives me an...