Windows 10: Don't have administrator privileges on my own computer...

Discus and support Don't have administrator privileges on my own computer... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; No questions; just wanted to hop on here and tell you all that you suck for making an OS so convoluted that so-called 'administrators' cannot even... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DickNatch, May 15, 2020.

1. DickNatch Win User

Don't have administrator privileges on my own computer...

No questions; just wanted to hop on here and tell you all that you suck for making an OS so convoluted that so-called 'administrators' cannot even access their own 'services' feature to do simple things like cancel a print job that takes 20 effing minutes to cancel automatically...

I've read your generic troubleshooting steps that vary from typing certain commands into cmd.exe to starting in safe mode. Invariably, the customer gets frustrated and nothing comes of it, or the technician recommends a reinstall of windows10.

+10 to you guys. I'll be getting a Mac for my next purchase. At least they are upfront about treating their customer base like children and assuming that they've no business in certain parts of their computers. /eyeroll

:)

DickNatch, May 15, 2020

2. Dell Touchpad uninstall administrator privileges

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

From the description of the issue, I understand that you are unable to uninstall drivers from Device Manager as it prompts saying log-in with administrator privileges, we will help you to resolve this issue.

I would recommend you to see if you are logged in administrator account, if not then enable it. Please follow the below steps to enable:

Step 1: I would suggest you to enable the built-in administrator account.

You need to run the command from an elevated command prompt. To do that follow the below steps:

• Press the Windows key + R from the keyboard to open the
      Run Command Dialog Box.

• Type cmd and right-click on the
      Command Prompt
      result that should appear.

• This opens a list of options at the bottom. Select
      Run as administrator

• Accept the UAC (User Account Control) prompt.

• Enter the following command to enable the hidden administrator account:
      net user administrator /active:yes

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for any assistance on Windows Operating System, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, May 15, 2020
  3. Administrator privileges

Hi James,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

From the description of the issue, I understand that you are unable to take full ownership of the files and folders.

I would recommend you to see if you are logged in administrator account, if not then enable it. Please follow the below steps.

Step 1: If this issue is confined to all the files and folders in your computer then,

I would suggest you to enable the built in administrator account.

You need to run the command from an elevated command prompt. To do that follow the below steps:

• Press the Windows key + R from the keyboard to open the
      Run Command Dialog Box.

• Type cmd and right-click on the
      Command Prompt
      result that should appear.

• This opens a list of options at the bottom. Select
      Run as administrator

• Accept the UAC (User Account Control) prompt.

• Enter the following command to enable the hidden administrator account:
      net user administrator /active:yes

Step 2: If the issue is confined to particular folder or file then follow the below steps.

Use the following procedure to fix this as long as you don't reboot your machine:

• Sign-in as an administrator on your computer.

• Navigate to the folder where you're having the problem. Right-click and select
      Properties from the pop-up menu.

• Under Properties | Security tab, click the
      Advanced button, then click "Change" owner on the
      Advanced Security Settings dialog (if you are already the owner, do this step anyway!), and in the resulting dialog enter whatever you want the owner to be

• Now a new check-box appears labeled "Replace owner on sub-containers and objects"; check it.

• Also check the box at the bottom "Replace all child object permission entries with inheritable permission entries from this object."

• Make sure under the Permission entries grid that your current account has Full control (if not Edit or Add your account to be listed with foll control). Finally hit
      Apply. This may take a while.

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for any assistance on Windows Operating System, we will be happy to help you.

4. Don't have administrator privileges on my own computer...

Error: "You need administrator privileges to make the changes" on Windows 10

Hi Dennis,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about administrator privileges to your user account. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• How exactly have you tried to change the user account to administrator?
    • Have you logged in as an administrator using Microsoft account on your device?
    • Have you enabled Built-in administrator account?

Try the below steps if not yet tried and check if it helps.

I suggest you to check the user account and their types on your device.

• Press Windows + R key together on your desktop screen.
    • Type netplwiz and hit
      Enter.
    • Check if there are any other user accounts on your device as an administrator.

Step 1: If you have an account with administrative privileges login through that account and try the following steps to change the user account type:

• Press Windows + R keys from the Keyboard.
    • Type netplwiz and click on Ok.
    • Click on the Users tab.
    • Under Users of this computer: select the account you want to change.
    • Click on Properties button.
    • Select Group Membership tab and select the type of user account.
    • Click on Apply and Ok.

Step 2: If you are a local user, I suggest you to convert the local account to Microsoft account and check if it helps.

Follow:

• Make sure you are device is connected to internet.
    • Click Start and then Settings.
    • Click Accounts and click on
      Sign in with a Microsoft account instead
    • Follow onscreen instructions.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Thema:

Don't have administrator privileges on my own computer...

1. Don't have administrator privileges on my own computer... - Similar Threads - Don't administrator privileges

2. Non administrator accounts have administrator privileges

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Non administrator accounts have administrator privileges: I have Administrator account enabled and the other account on my PC set to standard. I have password prompt active for every administrator privilege. It used to work fine. Always required Administrator password for ie opening Task Manager, uninstalling apps. Now certain apps...
  3. Non administrator accounts have administrator privileges

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Non administrator accounts have administrator privileges: I have Administrator account enabled and the other account on my PC set to standard. I have password prompt active for every administrator privilege. It used to work fine. Always required Administrator password for ie opening Task Manager, uninstalling apps. Now certain apps...
  4. Don't have administrator privileges

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Don't have administrator privileges: So my friend was over at my place over the weekend and messed up my laptop. I only have one account on my laptop and that is the administrator account. HE changed my account to "Owner of Devices" so now i don't have admin privileges, and i also don't have another account to...
  5. Don't have administrator privileges

Don't have administrator privileges: So my friend was over at my place over the weekend and messed up my laptop. I only have one account on my laptop and that is the administrator account. HE changed my account to "Owner of Devices" so now i don't have admin privileges, and i also don't have another account to...
  6. Why don't I have administration privileges on my own PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why don't I have administration privileges on my own PC?: Okay, I went through the Microsoft support ****. Which I should not have to in the first place. And anyone who says differently just don't even bother replying to this message. I saw some so-called Microsoft advisors doing that **** in my research.Okay, real simple. I have a...
  7. Why don't I have administration privileges on my own PC?

Why don't I have administration privileges on my own PC?: Okay, I went through the Microsoft support ****. Which I should not have to in the first place. And anyone who says differently just don't even bother replying to this message. I saw some so-called Microsoft advisors doing that **** in my research.Okay, real simple. I have a...
  8. Administrator Privileges on your own pc?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Administrator Privileges on your own pc?: When I click on Users, it tells me I need administrator privileges. I thought I was the administrator. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administrator-privileges-on-your-own-pc/70b107cd-c7b2-4913-a3d3-8fb9718ca50f
  9. This is my own computer, why don't I have permission to access my OWN COMPUTER

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This is my own computer, why don't I have permission to access my OWN COMPUTER: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TFK_001 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/epup53/this_is_my_own_computer_why_dont_i_have/
  10. Administrator account does not have administrator privileges

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Administrator account does not have administrator privileges: Hello all, my default user account is set up as an administrator account yet still does not have all write privileges needed when installing to certain drives (C, in this case), and I believe it is causing problems with certain software working the way I need it to. Please...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Why i dont have administrative previllages in my own pc