Windows 10: Dont have bitlocker key, but pc asks for it!

Discus and support Dont have bitlocker key, but pc asks for it! in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Greetings,My pc was in repairs, needed to change batrery. Būt now I cant turn on my pc. Shows blue screen asking for butlocker key that repuiers only... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Elīna Svence, Mar 24, 2023.

1. Dont have bitlocker key, but pc asks for it!

Greetings,My pc was in repairs, needed to change batrery. Būt now I cant turn on my pc. Shows blue screen asking for butlocker key that repuiers only digits. Būt checking my Microsoft account settings, I havent even set it UP. How I can get it?Thank you.

:)

Elīna Svence, Mar 24, 2023
  2. Xylee Del Win User
    Xylee Del, Mar 24, 2023
  3. nastgrl1 Win User
    Computer asking for Bitlocker key at startup

The troubleshooting links don't help. I just keep going around in circles. It says to do the following:

• Your Microsoft account online. This option is only available on non-domain-joined PCs. To get your recovery key, go to BitLocker Recovery Keys.
    • However, when you click this all, I get is this....

BitLocker recovery keys: Frequently asked questions

If you're locked out of your PC, you'll need a BitLocker recovery key to sign back in.

Show All
    Why am I locked out?
    How can I get my BitLocker recovery key?
    What if I have problems with my Microsoft account?
    I don’t have a key. What else can I do?

Properties

Article ID: 17133 - Last Review: May 11, 2016 - Revision: 9

• Windows 8.1

This information is absolutely NOT helpful as no information is provided. I cannot get anyone to answer my question and now my Surface is stuck in safemode as a result of being unable to recover the Bitlocker. It would have been useful to know when first
    getting this now useless piece of equipment as a gift that a Bitlocker key was going to be needed at some point in the future! All of this came about because of the wonderful power driver state failure which results in the inability to connect to the Internet
    and me trying to fix it. Now instead of being able to periodically use my Surface, I cannot use it at all!!!!

nastgrl1, Mar 24, 2023
  4. Dont have bitlocker key, but pc asks for it!

Windows update made a bios upgrade so when the machine restart the PC is asking me for bitlocker key.

Hi Raniel.

I am the Domain Administrator and this happened with a computer that is in the domain

I have no active bitlocker in any laptop so it was activate automatically in the the last windows update. So I could get the bitlocket file or Key

About this steps

• In your Microsoft account: I already check it and It is not there.
    • On a printout you saved: For the reason above, I dont have it.
    • On a USB flash drive: Same. I dont have it
    • In an Azure Active Directory account: I dont have an Azure account
    • Held by your system administrator: Im the administrator. So In the domain controller is not active the store bitlocker because we are not using bitlocker in any laptop.
    I hear in some forum that I can call to Microsoft to get the bitlocker. Can I do that?

Regards

Alejandro Flamerich

AlejandroFlamerich, Mar 24, 2023
Thema:

Dont have bitlocker key, but pc asks for it!

1. Dont have bitlocker key, but pc asks for it! - Similar Threads - Dont bitlocker key

2. Blue screen ask for bitlocker key, I have no key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen ask for bitlocker key, I have no key: Unable to boot laptop. Blue screen asks for bitlocker key, I don't have one. Logged I to Microsoft account and clicked manage recovery keys and it is empty. Tried changing various boot options in BIOS, nothing works. Tried to.recover windows , also said not possible. Must I...
  3. Blue screen ask for bitlocker key, I have no key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue screen ask for bitlocker key, I have no key: Unable to boot laptop. Blue screen asks for bitlocker key, I don't have one. Logged I to Microsoft account and clicked manage recovery keys and it is empty. Tried changing various boot options in BIOS, nothing works. Tried to.recover windows , also said not possible. Must I...
  4. Blue screen ask for bitlocker key, I have no key

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. I dont have a bitlocker recovery key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I dont have a bitlocker recovery key: I am trying to update my bios and intelme but it suggests i know my bitlocker recovery key. I am pretty sure i dont have one. What do i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-have-a-bitlocker-recovery-key/71dfa93f-5168-4dd4-a90e-1c9d3f88efc0
  6. I dont have a bitlocker recovery key

I dont have a bitlocker recovery key: I am trying to update my bios and intelme but it suggests i know my bitlocker recovery key. I am pretty sure i dont have one. What do i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-have-a-bitlocker-recovery-key/71dfa93f-5168-4dd4-a90e-1c9d3f88efc0
  7. Dont have bitlocker key, but pc asks for it!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dont have bitlocker key, but pc asks for it!: Greetings,My pc was in repairs, needed to change batrery. Būt now I cant turn on my pc. Shows blue screen asking for butlocker key that repuiers only digits. Būt checking my Microsoft account settings, I havent even set it UP. How I can get it?Thank you....
  8. Dont have bitlocker key, but pc asks for it!

Dont have bitlocker key, but pc asks for it!: Greetings,My pc was in repairs, needed to change batrery. Būt now I cant turn on my pc. Shows blue screen asking for butlocker key that repuiers only digits. Būt checking my Microsoft account settings, I havent even set it UP. How I can get it?Thank you....
  9. I dont have a bitlocker recovery key and yet it's still asking me

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I dont have a bitlocker recovery key and yet it's still asking me: So I have a lenovo ideapad 100s. I've updated it from 8 to 10. It's been quite a while like one year since I've updated it. Now its asking for bitlocker recovery key. The thing is I havent even set up bitlocker and I'm the only one who uses this laptop. When i used the...
  10. Asking for Bitlocker recovery key on login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Asking for Bitlocker recovery key on login: So I was playing with BIOS settings for reformatting my laptop and reinstalling Windows using bootable USB drive. I didn't succeed and I probably did something stupid. Now I'm not able to login into my laptop. It's asking me for bitlocker recovery key on both disabled and...