Windows 10: Don't have BitLocker key, please help!!

Discus and support Don't have BitLocker key, please help!! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After an update last night I'm asked to enter my BitLocker key to start my laptop back up, but I never set up a BitLocker key and no one set one up for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DeborahBear, Sep 20, 2021.

1. Don't have BitLocker key, please help!!

After an update last night I'm asked to enter my BitLocker key to start my laptop back up, but I never set up a BitLocker key and no one set one up for me, ****?! Pls help!!!

:)

DeborahBear, Sep 20, 2021
  2. Xylee Del Win User
    Xylee Del, Sep 20, 2021
  3. bitlocker recovery key

Hi Singh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key?
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer?
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key?
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional?

Meanwhile, try finding BitLocker Recovery Key if you have ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key for your computer.

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and get back to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Sep 20, 2021
  4. Don't have BitLocker key, please help!!

Bitlocker Key

Hi,

Thank you for posting your concern. It is good that you know the Bitlocker key to properly get into the computer. To help you turn off the Bitlocker key, you can follow the steps below:

Please make sure you are signed as the Administrator of the computer.

To suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption on an operating system drive

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click
      System and Security
      , and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.

• Click Suspend Protection for the operating system drive.

• A message is displayed, informing you that your data will not be protected while BitLocker is suspended and asking if you want to suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption. Click
      Yes to continue and suspend BitLocker on the drive.

To turn off BitLocker Drive Encryption

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click
      System and Security
      , and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.

• Find the drive on which you want BitLocker Drive Encryption turned off, and click
      Turn Off BitLocker.

• A message is displayed, informing you that the drive will be decrypted and that decryption may take some time. Click
      Decrypt the drive to continue and turn off BitLocker on the drive.

Let us know if this resolves your concern.

Lemuel Cie, Sep 20, 2021
Thema:

Don't have BitLocker key, please help!!

1. Don't have BitLocker key, please help!! - Similar Threads - Don't BitLocker key

2. I Don't have my bitlocker key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I Don't have my bitlocker key: I have Four BitLocker keys in my microsoft account but the bitlocker keys shows wrong to unlock my drive. please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-have-my-bitlocker-key/c043f1de-82ee-44ad-b81b-d466562c8e04
  3. I Don't have my bitlocker key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I Don't have my bitlocker key: I have Four BitLocker keys in my microsoft account but the bitlocker keys shows wrong to unlock my drive. please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-have-my-bitlocker-key/c043f1de-82ee-44ad-b81b-d466562c8e04
  4. I Don't have my bitlocker key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Don't have BitLocker Key!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Don't have BitLocker Key!!: I do not use BitLocker yet something enabled it. I then plugged in a dock and that triggered a BitLocker recovery. I do NOT have the key. As I said I never enabled BitLocker so I never had a key. I tried logging into my Microsoft account and there were no recovery keys there....
  6. Don't have BitLocker Key!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Don't have BitLocker Key!!: I do not use BitLocker yet something enabled it. I then plugged in a dock and that triggered a BitLocker recovery. I do NOT have the key. As I said I never enabled BitLocker so I never had a key. I tried logging into my Microsoft account and there were no recovery keys there....
  7. Don't have BitLocker Key!!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Please Help! I don’t have a recovery key for BitLocker recovery.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Please Help! I don’t have a recovery key for BitLocker recovery.: I have no access to my computer. Please Help. I checked any my computer says no issues found. I logged into my Microsoft account and there is no key. submitted by /u/ForcefulSam [link] [comments]...
  9. Help, bitlocker locked me out and I don't have the key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help, bitlocker locked me out and I don't have the key: So, I don't have the key, nor did I know bitlocker was turned "on". All I did was off my pc with the shortcut, win key + x + u. And when I was about to sleep it auto turned on by itself, showing me despair. What am I gonna have to do? Is there a way to unlock it by formatting...
  10. Please help with bitlocker damaged or formatted key

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Please help with bitlocker damaged or formatted key: hi Everyone i am new to theforum ... please help i am having problems with laptop and bitlocker... the usb with key is notworking .... please help! 59477