Windows 10: dont have permission to run exe

Discus and support dont have permission to run exe in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; using win 10 but for a few months I cant run programs which I have downloaded. Even if I press run in browser a message says that I don't have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by luddite_101, Sep 21, 2019.

1. dont have permission to run exe

using win 10 but for a few months I cant run programs which I have downloaded. Even if I press run in browser a message says that I don't have permission to run program or update.

:)

luddite_101, Sep 21, 2019
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Can't run .exe file

Hi Phil,

There are several reasons why you are having issues running .exe files on your Windows 10 laptop. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your laptop prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What is the error message that you received when running .exe files?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Sep 21, 2019
  3. USB drive will not run exes.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you and will help you in solving the issue.

To assist you better, I would like to ask if you have installed any Antivirus in the Laptop.

I suggest you to run the program in compatibility mode by following the steps provided below and check if the issue persist.

• Right click on the “.exe” file of the program and select properties.
    • Under Compatibility tab, check the option for “Run in Compatibility mode”.
    • Select the Operating System from the drop down list.
    • Click on Apply and OK.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 21, 2019
  4. dont have permission to run exe

No permissions

Hi,

I would suggest you to right click on the user's folder for your profile and check if the permissions shows as "read only'. If this is the case, it might be causing the issue. In this case, I would suggest you to go to C:\User folder, right click on the
    folder with your username and follow these steps:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    This does a one-time action that replaces the security on all the files/subfolders. It’s one-time, so you won’t find that box checked if you peek at it later. Try these steps and let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, Sep 21, 2019
Thema:

dont have permission to run exe

1. dont have permission to run exe - Similar Threads - dont permission run

2. Dont have permission to view files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dont have permission to view files: I have these files that are locked and shouldnt be. All of my accounts have access to view them but I constantly get an error that I do not have permission. I do not have an external Antivirus and share files with my other 2 computers with onedrive...
  3. Dont have permission to view files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dont have permission to view files: I have these files that are locked and shouldnt be. All of my accounts have access to view them but I constantly get an error that I do not have permission. I do not have an external Antivirus and share files with my other 2 computers with onedrive...
  4. Dont have permission to delete folder.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dont have permission to delete folder.: Ive been trying to delete a folder in a spotify folder to do a clean install, but i dont have permission to delete the folder. Ive booted into safe mode and tried to delete it, still nothing. Gave myself ownership of the folder but still needed permission. Tried to delete the...
  5. Dont have permission to delete folder.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dont have permission to delete folder.: Ive been trying to delete a folder in a spotify folder to do a clean install, but i dont have permission to delete the folder. Ive booted into safe mode and tried to delete it, still nothing. Gave myself ownership of the folder but still needed permission. Tried to delete the...
  6. Dont have permission to delete folder.

7. Dont have permission to delete folder

Dont have permission to delete folder: Ive been trying to delete a folder in a spotify folder to do a clean install, but i dont have permission to delete the folder. Ive booted into safe mode and tried to delete it, still nothing. Gave myself ownership of the folder but still needed permission. Tried to delete the...
  8. Dont have permission to delete folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dont have permission to delete folder: Ive been trying to delete a folder in a spotify folder to do a clean install, but i dont have permission to delete the folder. Ive booted into safe mode and tried to delete it, still nothing. Gave myself ownership of the folder but still needed permission. Tried to delete the...
  9. Dont have permission to delete folder

10. WindowsApps, game exe run Permission denied

WindowsApps, game exe run Permission denied: Dear Microsoft!We just downloaded the Farming Simulator 2019 what comes free access with Microsoft Xbox Game Pass and i would like to run a dedicated server on my PC, but i get a permission denied error.After googleing, i've set my D:\WindowsApps folder's permission, and i...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 you dont have permission to execute

2. windows permission to run exe

3. windows 10 run exe from fileserver you dont have permission