Windows 10: Don't have sound in games but do in Windows OWEN HAMILTON!!!!!

Discus and support Don't have sound in games but do in Windows OWEN HAMILTON!!!!! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently did a clean install of Windows 10 Home 64 bit on my PC and suddenly realised that although I had sound within Windows, any game I play has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MatiasBarker, Apr 6, 2021.

1. Don't have sound in games but do in Windows OWEN HAMILTON!!!!!

I recently did a clean install of Windows 10 Home 64 bit on my PC and suddenly realised that although I had sound within Windows, any game I play has no sound at all, the first game I played that had no sound was one I purchased via Steam so thought the problem was Steam related, I subsequently played a game that had nothing to do with Steam so realised that the problem was more widespread. I believe all the relevant drivers have been reinstalled correctly as everything else seems to be working as it should.

i´ve done erything i could, uninstall reinstall driivers, and nothing happens, i´ve seen a post with the same problem before from a User name Owen Hamilton, and he solved it if you see this please help Don't have sound in games but do in Windows OWEN HAMILTON!!!!! :D

:)

MatiasBarker, Apr 6, 2021

2. Don't have sound in games but do in Windows

Hi Owen,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As per the description I understand that you are facing issues with accessing sound while playing games after performing clean installation of Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

• Do let us know the make and model of your computer?
    • Is this issue specific only with the Streaming games?

I suggest you to uninstall the existing audio drivers, try to re-install from the manufacturer's website and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.
    • Expand Audio inputs and outputs, right click on
      High Definition Audio Device and click on Uninstall.
    • Restart and Windows will re-install the
      IDT High Definition Audio driver
    • If it works fine otherwise try to search for the drivers with the help of model number of your computer from the Manufacturer’s website and install them.

For further reference:Fix sound problems

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 6, 2021
  3. arassami Win User
    don"t open game in win10i

I am game player.(sniper fury)in win10.but to day don"t opening game.or close after 2-3 secend.3 the back to last morning by recovery poin .but nothing

*** Moderator's note: Post was moved to the appropriate category ***

arassami, Apr 6, 2021
  4. Don't have sound in games but do in Windows OWEN HAMILTON!!!!!

Don't have sound in games but do in Windows

Hi Owen,

Thank you for responding.

I suggest you to try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Just confirm us you are able to listen to sound when Music/Video files are played in the Computer.

Step 1: I suggest you to look at the volume mixer for device and applications on Taskbar and check

Follow the steps:

a) Click on the sound icon at the bottom right corner of the Taskbar.

b) Click on Mixer and increase the volume to maximum.

Step 2: I suggest you to check in the Settings of the Audio Applications that comes with the computer for Sound Card
    to make sure everything is alright.

Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 6, 2021
Thema:

Don't have sound in games but do in Windows OWEN HAMILTON!!!!!

1. Don't have sound in games but do in Windows OWEN HAMILTON!!!!! - Similar Threads - Don't sound games

2. i don't have sound hp

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i don't have sound hp: i don't have sound hp https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-have-sound-hp/83eb7ece-39d0-4e21-88be-cc7197366ca6
  3. i don't have sound hp

in Windows 10 Customization
    i don't have sound hp: i don't have sound hp https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-have-sound-hp/83eb7ece-39d0-4e21-88be-cc7197366ca6
  4. i don't have sound hp

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. I don't have any sound.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I don't have any sound.: my troubleshooter said to restart the audio service and I tried to go to the system app and it said file system error -2144926975. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-have-any-sound/f1c10566-365f-43fa-bd15-11e447c420c4
  6. Don't have the game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Don't have the game.: My friend Bought me the "Minecraft Dungeons" game and ive redeem'd the code i've played the game yesterday but today i've tried to launch the game and it says "You don't own this game error 0x803F8001". So i've tried to reinstall the game but once i've deleted it it says i...
  7. Do not have any sound in games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Do not have any sound in games: Hello, So basically this has been a issue ever since i got a gaming pc. All audio works fine spotify, discord, ect but when i load up a game, and this can be any game... games on steam, games on the microsoft store and Blizzard. atm i am trying to fix the sound for Forza...
  8. Games from the Windows 10 Store don't have any sounds

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Games from the Windows 10 Store don't have any sounds: Hello! My games from the Windows 10 Store had sounds until yesterday. Now they are without any sounds and I don't know what to do to get them back. I have tried reinstalling the apps, the store itself, but nothing seems to work. Please, help me with this issue....
  9. I don't have sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    I don't have sound: I don't have sound on my laptop, my sound disappeared, nothing is heard on my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-have-sound/8d8d4710-ac25-47e2-bdd8-b953941ed18b
  10. Don't have sound in games but do in Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Don't have sound in games but do in Windows: I recently bought a brand new ASUS RoG Gaming Laptop and all of a sudden the other day I noticed a glitching noise of one continuous sound and my Flight simulator lags unless i hit "Q" to turn in game sound off now... never lagged before. On top of that all my steam games and...