Windows 10: Don't have write access to document folder

Discus and support Don't have write access to document folder in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Idk what is happening. I had my account as the admin and I can see that i have access to writing from the security tab. However, during real... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by tom.01_716, Aug 18, 2021.

1. Don't have write access to document folder

Idk what is happening. I had my account as the admin and I can see that i have access to writing from the security tab. However, during real experience, it just doesn't allow me to save anything or delete anything from the folder because i apparently "don't have the permission from the DESKTOP".

:)

tom.01_716, Aug 18, 2021

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Aug 18, 2021
  3. enso Win User
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

4. Try3 Win User

Don't have write access to document folder

Merge Document Folders

Bob,

We were typing at the same time.

You must be exasperated by now. I am merely baffled.

I suggest that you tell me the names of the subfolders immediately under C:\Users\Owner\Documents and E:\My documents / E:\DocumentsOld then I'll write out the list for you of RoboCopy commands from one level down that will put everything into the new E:\Documents folder for you.

Denis

Thema:

Don't have write access to document folder

1. Don't have write access to document folder - Similar Threads - Don't write access

2. Don't seem to have local documents folder anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Don't seem to have local documents folder anymore: Two weeks go, autosave disappeared in Word and I could also no longer access OneDrive. So I continued editing my book saving manually. I then got OneDrive back by resetting it, but I can't find any local documents files at all. Where did they go? After the OneDrive...
  3. Don't seem to have local documents folder anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Don't seem to have local documents folder anymore: Two weeks go, autosave disappeared in Word and I could also no longer access OneDrive. So I continued editing my book saving manually. I then got OneDrive back by resetting it, but I can't find any local documents files at all. Where did they go? After the OneDrive...
  4. Cannot write to game folder. You don't have write permission On a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot write to game folder. You don't have write permission On a game: Hello there,I installed a game from a platform called Steam and I tried to launch but I am facing issues with this game, the other games that I do have are working normally. From what I read from the internet / Microsoft it is based on giving permission from properties >...
  5. Cannot write to game folder. You don't have write permission On a game

Cannot write to game folder. You don't have write permission On a game: Hello there,I installed a game from a platform called Steam and I tried to launch but I am facing issues with this game, the other games that I do have are working normally. From what I read from the internet / Microsoft it is based on giving permission from properties >...
  6. you don't currently have access this folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    you don't currently have access this folder: How to Fix You Don't Currently Have Permission to Access This Folder Issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/you-dont-currently-have-access-this-folder/953ab848-5c2b-4e87-bc07-cbfa220c5cf7
  7. you don't currently have access this folder

you don't currently have access this folder: How to Fix You Don't Currently Have Permission to Access This Folder Issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/you-dont-currently-have-access-this-folder/953ab848-5c2b-4e87-bc07-cbfa220c5cf7
  8. Sharing folders with write access

Sharing folders with write access: I have a need to share some folders/directories with write access on a small office network. I can't figure out how to do this now. What's needed: Some machines have write access to some folders, everything has read-access to everything shared we don't need or desire...
  9. Don't have write permission

Don't have write permission: Hello. My operating system is Windows 10 Home. It's default operating system when I bought my laptop from official store. First of all, I don't know is it my real problem or not , but most probably it is write permission, I guess. So I want to describe my problem precisely....
  10. Don't have write permission

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Don't have write permission: Hello. My operating system is Windows 10 Home. It's default operating system when I bought my laptop from official store. First of all, I don't know is it my real problem or not , but most probably it is write permission, I guess. So I want to describe my problem precisely....