Windows 10: Don't have write permission

Discus and support Don't have write permission in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello. My operating system is Windows 10 Home. It's default operating system when I bought my laptop from official store. First of all, I don't know... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by FeridPW, May 4, 2019.

1. FeridPW Win User

Don't have write permission

Hello. My operating system is Windows 10 Home. It's default operating system when I bought my laptop from official store.

First of all, I don't know is it my real problem or not , but most probably it is write permission, I guess.

So I want to describe my problem precisely.

In three situations I encounter with this problem:

1) When I want to clone some project from Git to my laptop there is an error. So basically what I do is writing this command on CMD -> "git clone <repository name>" and getting this result -> "fatal: could not create work tree dir 'folder's name in repository': No such file or directory." I searched online for this problem on Stackoverflow.com and in answers people say that the folder that I want to clone my files dont have writing permission. But I check it and see that everything is okey, I have full access to everything. I did same things on Git bash, but same result. So even running both Git bash and CMD as an administrator gives same result.

2) As a programmer I tried to write small code on C language. The process that my program does is just creating a .txt file and writing some text inside it. But again same kind of problem. When I run program there is no any .txt file. Then I tried to create .txt file manually, but this time after running my code it didn't write any text inside it. I'm pretty sure there is no any problem on my code. Because the exact same code does what I want on other computers.

3) Sometimes after editing some file in some programs Windows doesn't let me to save it and gives error "this file doesn't exist".

So as a result of these three situations I suppose that there is something wrong with permissions on my laptop, although it shows me that I'm administrator and have full access to everything.

What can I do about this problem?

***Moved From: Windows 10/Security & privacy***

:)

FeridPW, May 4, 2019

2. Write permission

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

If you don’t have permission for any folder follow the below steps to give permissions:

Let’s give permission to the folder and check if that helps. Follow these steps to give permissions to the drive.

• Right-click on the folder which you’re unable to access and select Properties.
    • Click on ‘Security’ tab and under ‘Group or user names’ click on ‘Edit’.
    • Click on ‘Add’ and type ‘everyone’.
    • Click on ‘Check names’ and then click ‘OK’.
    • Select ‘everyone’ and under ‘Allow’ select
      ‘Full control’
      and click on ‘Apply’ and Click ‘Ok’.
    Hope this information help and let us know the status of the issue we will be glad to help you further.

Mohammed Yaseer, May 4, 2019
  3. AMD A10-6800K 4.1GHz Quad Core Overclocking possibility

Thanks, have heard this before...is their a step by step procedure to OC using the bios settings you suggest.
    i don’t intend pushing this to its limit...but some increase would be great, any suggestions on a good air cooler ?

thanks

reddwarf4ever, May 4, 2019
  4. JDivineŠ Win User

stuff that don`t work

The problem with the messed up keyboard is now ok, I can write normally.

But, the problem with non working pin and unpin from task bar, the right mouse click don`t work on it at all - still stays, as well as non working New notifications - I click and nothing happens. Can you fix that all?

JDivineŠ, May 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Don't have write permission - Similar Threads - Don't write permission

2. Cannot write to game folder. You don't have write permission On a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot write to game folder. You don't have write permission On a game: Hello there,I installed a game from a platform called Steam and I tried to launch but I am facing issues with this game, the other games that I do have are working normally. From what I read from the internet / Microsoft it is based on giving permission from properties >...
  3. Cannot write to game folder. You don't have write permission On a game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot write to game folder. You don't have write permission On a game: Hello there,I installed a game from a platform called Steam and I tried to launch but I am facing issues with this game, the other games that I do have are working normally. From what I read from the internet / Microsoft it is based on giving permission from properties >...
  4. Don't have permission to delete a file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Don't have permission to delete a file: HelloI've downloaded a pdf which I want to delete now.When I try to delete it del / shift + del / options->delete no action is happening.When I try to delete it through the powershell as administrator I get a message that I don't have permission for this operation.I searched...
  5. Don't have permission to delete a file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Don't have permission to delete a file: HelloI've downloaded a pdf which I want to delete now.When I try to delete it del / shift + del / options->delete no action is happening.When I try to delete it through the powershell as administrator I get a message that I don't have permission for this operation.I searched...
  6. don't have permission to open folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    don't have permission to open folder: I am logged in as administrator. How can o gain access tio this folder? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dont-have-permission-to-open-folder/16f52966-519c-48b9-a5fa-bb4418afaf31"
  7. Don't have write permission

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Don't have write permission: Hello. My operating system is Windows 10 Home. It's default operating system when I bought my laptop from official store. First of all, I don't know is it my real problem or not , but most probably it is write permission, I guess. So I want to describe my problem precisely....
  8. "Don't have permission to save" error

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Don't have permission to save" error: This makes me crazy. It's not a new problem, but seems to have come with the upgrade to Windows 10 a couple of years ago. But at the moment I'm trying to install some new software and it's really aggravating. The full error message is: "You don't have permission to save...
  9. Don't have administrator permissions anymore

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Don't have administrator permissions anymore: Alright so first of all,i had to create a new account and ended up deleting the old administrator one, i forgot i had created this one without permissions so now i deleted it and dont have any permissions anymore, i literally cant do ****,if i try to do something ACCESS...
  10. Don't have permission to save files

in Windows 10 Support
    Don't have permission to save files: Hi, I did try searching for help with this but it wasn't working for me so I wonder if anyone can help. I recently installed an SSD and cloned my previous C drive to it. Everything works fine. Except that I cannot save files in Program Files or Program Files x86 on the...