Windows 10: Dont know password in safe mode

Discus and support Dont know password in safe mode in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; So recently I noticed a program was crashing alot and I thought it was because I had too many apps open when I start my computer so I wanted to start... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Theo Parry, May 19, 2020.

1. Dont know password in safe mode

So recently I noticed a program was crashing alot and I thought it was because I had too many apps open when I start my computer so I wanted to start it in safe mode: minimal. When it had restarted I tried to login but noticed it would only accept my Password and not my pin so I put my password in and it didnt work, I tried all sorts of variations of my password but still, it didnt work. I watched a ton of videos that tell you that you can use Command Prompt to put it in normal mode, however when I tried to load the Command Prompt it asked me for a password so In the end I decided to contact Microsoft support.

:)

Theo Parry, May 19, 2020

2. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, May 19, 2020
  3. New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, May 19, 2020
  4. Dont know password in safe mode

Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you. I will be glad to assist you with your issue.

Follow the below steps and check if it helps. 

If you see the black screen or have a flickering screen:

Step 1: Try connecting to different video outputs on the PC. Sometimes a change in driver can cause the video to be sent:

• To a different Adapter: from integrated graphics to a discrete card or vice versa.
      • To a different output: from HDMI to DVI, Display Port to VGA, or any other combination.
    Step 2: Try to boot into Safe Mode with Networking
    or Enable low-resolution video.

• Advanced boot options, Safe Mode with Networking, or Low Resolution Video
      • Check Device Manager and look for Display Adapters
        • If you see 2 items under Display Adapters, disable to integrated video card (e.g. Intel HD 4000 or AMD Radeon HD 4200) and restart. (try vice versa if it does not work).
        • If you see 1 item under Display Adapters, rollback the driver or uninstall the display adapter in Device Manager, and enable the option to delete driver software.
    How to boot into Safe mode.

Run your computer in Safe mode and see if you still get that error message. If you are not getting that error message in safe mode then perform clean boot on your computer using the steps provided below. If you
    don't get that error message in safe mode then it means that some third party application is causing the problem.

To use a Safe Boot option, follow these steps:

• Restart your computer and start pressing the F8 key on your keyboard. On a computer that is configured for booting to multiple operating systems, you can press the
      F8 key when the Boot Menu appears.
    • Select an option Safe mode with Networking using the arrow keys on the keyboard when the
      Windows Advanced Options menu appears, select Safe mode with Networking and then press
      ENTER.

I would suggest you to force shutdown your system and then try to restart it again and check if you are able to login to safe boot.

Check the PC or display adapter manufacturer’s site for an updated driver.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.  

Sangeeta Sarkar, May 19, 2020
Thema:

Dont know password in safe mode

1. Dont know password in safe mode - Similar Threads - Dont password safe

2. Safe mode password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Safe mode password: I updated my amd drivers and now my windows won't load if not on safe mode, but on safe mode for whatever reason my password is just always wrong. I created my windows account using my Microsoft account, but no possible password I have ever used my entire life has worked so...
  3. Safe Mode Password?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Safe Mode Password?: I have a Dell laptop with Windows 10 Home and it is operating perfectly. The other day I wanted to go into Safe Mode and I did the following: Settings / Updates & Security / Recovery / somewhere there I set a setting to open in Safe Mode, then I restarted the computer. I see...
  4. Safe mode and passwords

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Safe mode and passwords: I restarted my computer in safe mode to troubleshoot a problem with new software. It wont accept my password. I have tried to reboot in safe mode with networking so could reset my password and nothing different happens. How do i get it back to booting normally without being...
  5. password in Safe Mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    password in Safe Mode: I was trying to start my PC in the Safe Mode. But the system requires a password. I didn’t use a password to get into the system. I just have a pin code and a password to my Microsoft account. How can I turn off the Safe Mode? Or, where can I find this password?...
  6. Stuck in safe mode don't know password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck in safe mode don't know password: I am stuck in safe mode and I can't remember my password I tried "boot safe mode with networking" and "boot safe mode with command prompt" but they don't work/do anything. I can't even reset my computer because I need a password for that. Also its a laptop that came with...
  7. Safe mode password

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Safe mode password: I need to log in using safe mode. I can get to the safe mode option but then it asks for a password. I have tried my log in I.D. and my Microsoft password but neither of them work. My password works with everything except safe mode. I am trying safe mode without networking. I...
  8. Stuck in safe mode don't know password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Stuck in safe mode don't know password: I rebooted my laptop into safe mode but the regular password I use to log into my windows account is not working. Now I don't know how to get back into regular boot because it keeps booting in safe mode. I tried to start command prompt but again is asks for password. How...
  9. safe mode password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    safe mode password: hey! so when i try to login in safe mode its ask me for a password and i know its not pin password and its for my Microsoft account but when i enter the password its show me that the password is incorrect... i tried every single password i know but its still show me that's...
  10. safe mode password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    safe mode password: im unable to restart windows 10 to normal mode. im stuck on entering safe mode since its asking for password. ive used the password and pin and both come up incorrect. ive tried all options possible but each leads to the password stage and incorrect as usual. can i get help...