Windows 10: Don't Know What to Do with the Laptop

Discus and support Don't Know What to Do with the Laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a 4 year old laptop which windows doesn't let the updates to be downloaded on due to lack of space. It is an older model solid state drive model... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by diuspater, Oct 31, 2018.

1. diuspater Win User

Don't Know What to Do with the Laptop

I have a 4 year old laptop which windows doesn't let the updates to be downloaded on due to lack of space. It is an older model solid state drive model with 32GB of storage. Currently I have used all the tricks in the book to bring down the volume of stuff on it but still I am 6GB short. Anyhow, I have decided to forget about trying to update.

This is the question: what is the best use of such laptop that could come to mind?

I was thinking of somehow taking it offline and use to store some important data. Has anybody done such a thing? Do I need to install any other OS on it?

:)

diuspater, Oct 31, 2018

2. AMD A10-6800K 4.1GHz Quad Core Overclocking possibility

Thanks, have heard this before...is their a step by step procedure to OC using the bios settings you suggest.
    i don’t intend pushing this to its limit...but some increase would be great, any suggestions on a good air cooler ?

thanks

reddwarf4ever, Oct 31, 2018
  3. JDivineŠ Win User
    stuff that don`t work

I also tryed safe mode, it still didn`t work on it. and Glucofacts Deluxe STILL does not work, so... you say that you don`t know how it started working on win 10 for you?

JDivineŠ, Oct 31, 2018
  4. Don't Know What to Do with the Laptop

Volume Mute Light won´t change color

For my model only up to win7 is listed and HP says that it does not provide win 10 upgrades for a laptop my age. Don´t know how to open or use msconfig-my computer skills are very selective and all in all very poor.

mrsnakeman, Oct 31, 2018
Thema:

Don't Know What to Do with the Laptop

1. Don't Know What to Do with the Laptop - Similar Threads - Don't Laptop

2. I got this samsung laptop from my friend and I don't know te password.. How can I enter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I got this samsung laptop from my friend and I don't know te password.. How can I enter: I got this laptop from a friend. When I try to open it this is what I get. I don't know the password. What should I do to open it. Please can someone tall me what to do step by step....
  3. I got this samsung laptop from my friend and I don't know te password.. How can I enter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I got this samsung laptop from my friend and I don't know te password.. How can I enter: I got this laptop from a friend. When I try to open it this is what I get. I don't know the password. What should I do to open it. Please can someone tall me what to do step by step....
  4. Cannot activate windows on recently factory reset laptop: "you don't have a valid digital...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot activate windows on recently factory reset laptop: "you don't have a valid digital...: I very recently acquired a new for me laptop, it's a Lenovo yoga laptop idk if that helps. It still had an old business account on it so I decided to factory reset it it's not stolen. I wasn't able to activate windows invalid product key? and I'm not really the most tech...
  5. Cannot activate windows on recently factory reset laptop: "you don't have a valid digital...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot activate windows on recently factory reset laptop: "you don't have a valid digital...: I very recently acquired a new for me laptop, it's a Lenovo yoga laptop idk if that helps. It still had an old business account on it so I decided to factory reset it it's not stolen. I wasn't able to activate windows invalid product key? and I'm not really the most tech...
  6. Cannot activate windows on recently factory reset laptop: "you don't have a valid digital...

7. My laptop is stuck at "preparing to configure windows. Don't turn off your computer" after...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is stuck at "preparing to configure windows. Don't turn off your computer" after...: My laptop has been stuck of the configuring windows loading screen for the past half an hour and I genuinely do not know what to do. I have so much work to get done and don't have the time to wait for it to finally restart if it even does restart that is....
  8. My laptop is stuck at "preparing to configure windows. Don't turn off your computer" after...

My laptop is stuck at "preparing to configure windows. Don't turn off your computer" after...: My laptop has been stuck of the configuring windows loading screen for the past half an hour and I genuinely do not know what to do. I have so much work to get done and don't have the time to wait for it to finally restart if it even does restart that is....
  9. My laptop is stuck at "preparing to configure windows. Don't turn off your computer" after...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Hi, I don't know why but my laptop keeps buffering and something else please help. My...

Hi, I don't know why but my laptop keeps buffering and something else please help. My...: Its happening like this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-i-dont-know-why-but-my-laptop-keeps-buffering/213cf60c-7a03-4804-acde-820a1dcd18e0