Windows 10: Don't know where this User Account came from

Discus and support Don't know where this User Account came from in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I posted this in the User forum but I had no bites so I am trying here. I am not sure how to describe this issue. When my computer reboots, it tries to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Gator5000e, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Don't know where this User Account came from

I posted this in the User forum but I had no bites so I am trying here. I am not sure how to describe this issue. When my computer reboots, it tries to log into a user account that has the correct name but is not my account. My user account name is Mark. In the left lower corner it shows 3 possible users. Two uses are called Mark. the one with the lightning bolt logo is the correct one. The other is a Macrium account Macrium support set up because I was having issues with the back up. I have no idea where the other user Mark (without a logo) came from. So as I said, when Windows starts, it tries to log into the account called Mark without the logo. I have to click on the account Mark with the logo, enter my password and then Windows starts normally. Here is a picture of my start up screen so you can see what it is doing.

Don't know where this User Account came from [​IMG]

I don't find this user user account without the logo in the Users settings. I wold like for Windows to open directly to the correct account but have no idea how to get that to happen.
    Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

Attached Thumbnails

:)

Gator5000e, Feb 14, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Feb 14, 2019
  3. Problem with user accounts.

Hi Shubham,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Initially, I suggest you to run the Microsoft account troubleshooter.

Microsoft Account Troubleshooter

http://download.microsoft.com/downl...B-A23B-5C3A6B5974E3/microsoftaccounts.diagcab

Step 2:

Now try to switch from Microsoft account to Local account and check.

Refer to these steps to convert Microsoft account into Local User account:

• Click on Windows button, then click on
      Settings.

• Click on Accounts then click on
      Your account

• Click on Sign in with a local account instead.

• Following the Online instructions.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Feb 14, 2019
  4. Don't know where this User Account came from

Windows 10 startmenu and Cortana don´t work with mandatory profile

In this case, we strongly suggest that you create a new admin profile and disable the default profile. To do this, please follow these steps.

1.Insert the Windows 10 Release Preview Installation Disc and restart the computer (If prompted, press any key to start Windows from the installation disc.) If you do not have a disc create one from this link on another
    computer:

2. Click on Repair your System.

3. Click on command prompt

4. Type the command below and press enter.

net user Administrator /active:yes

Restart the computer to login to admin account.

Note: Disable the built-in account after performing the troubleshooting using command:

net user administrator /active:no

Method 2:

Try creating new user account after enabling then admin account.

Follow the steps below:

• In search, type User Account.

• Select manage another account.

• Select Add a new user in this PC account.

• Click on Add someone else to this PC and follow the onscreen instructions.

Keep us updated.

Richard tie, Feb 14, 2019
Thema:

Don't know where this User Account came from

1. Don't know where this User Account came from - Similar Threads - Don't where User

2. I don't know where this account came from but, it keeps showing up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I don't know where this account came from but, it keeps showing up: I suspect that this account might have been retrieved from some activity on an account I could have had several years ago but I don't know what to do with it. It uses a picture that I took about three years ago but I don't recall adding it to the profile and even my personal...
  3. I don't know where this account came from but, it keeps showing up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I don't know where this account came from but, it keeps showing up: I suspect that this account might have been retrieved from some activity on an account I could have had several years ago but I don't know what to do with it. It uses a picture that I took about three years ago but I don't recall adding it to the profile and even my personal...
  4. I don't know where this account came from but, it keeps showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. How to know where something in my clipboard came from?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to know where something in my clipboard came from?: Something keeps coming up in my clipboard and im not sure where is coming from. And I am suspecting it is a virus. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-know-where-something-in-my-clipboard-came/4c8a8d3c-0772-4b18-904d-39e5ca52694b
  6. How to know where something in my clipboard came from?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to know where something in my clipboard came from?: Something keeps coming up in my clipboard and im not sure where is coming from. And I am suspecting it is a virus. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-know-where-something-in-my-clipboard-came/4c8a8d3c-0772-4b18-904d-39e5ca52694b
  7. How to know where something in my clipboard came from?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Please help me. I don't know where it came from.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Please help me. I don't know where it came from.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/bhumura [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g72su4/please_help_me_i_dont_know_where_it_came_from/
  9. unable to delete a folder, dont know where it came from??

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unable to delete a folder, dont know where it came from??: I downloaded games for windows live some time ago on windows 10, just to paly GTA 4. fastforward, I got this folder in my D: drive (not disc), and it contains an .exe for some sorta GFW installer. but it wont let me delete or change the perms on the folder even when I use...
  10. Don't know where this User Account came from

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Don't know where this User Account came from: I posted this in the User forum but I had no bites so I am trying here. I am not sure how to describe this issue. When my computer reboots, it tries to log into a user account that has the correct name but is not my account. My user account name is Mark. In the left lower...