Windows 10: Don't open an avchd file in thumb nail

Discus and support Don't open an avchd file in thumb nail in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Whenever I open an avchd file in Windows Media Player, it first opens it in a little display that's about an inch and a half square. They used to open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ken Lichtsinn, Mar 6, 2018.

1. Don't open an avchd file in thumb nail

Whenever I open an avchd file in Windows Media Player, it first opens it in a little display that's about an inch and a half square. They used to open larger and, if I wanted full screen, I could click on the little box and get that. I don't have any idea in the world how it got changed to opening in that little bitty square (thumb nail?) and I can't change it to open full screen or anything else without having to do it manually. You would think that, if you clicked on the little square to get full screen, there would be some way to make it do that automatically for any file you open with Windows Media Viewer.

:)

Ken Lichtsinn, Mar 6, 2018
  2. ikkakka Win User

Files seems corrupted on 5800 music express

Few of files (images and vedios) on nokia 5800 MXP seems corrupted. Saying unable to open image and even not showing the thumb nail images. Is it affect of virus?

ikkakka, Mar 6, 2018
  3. pc nokia- no thubnails

I don't think you'll get a thumnail preview, only icons if you use the file manager of PC Suites. Why not use the XP file viewer instead so you have the option of thumb nails.

android---01, Mar 6, 2018
  4. Bree New Member

Don't open an avchd file in thumb nail

That little square is the default size of Windows Media Player in its 'Now Playing' mode.

You can set WMP to resize itself automatically to the video once it has opened it and determined its size.

Open WMP, either by opening a video or preferably by running WMP from Start. If you opened it by playing a video, switch to its Library view (little icon, top right). Running it from the Start menu will open in Library view.

On the 'View' menu, under 'Video size', tick 'Fit Player to video' and the player will snap to the video size as it plays it. You may also like to tick 'Fit video to Player on resize' which will scale the video if you resize the player window while it's playing.

You can set WMP to open initially to any size you want, you're not stuck with that 'postage stamp'. Open WMP from the Start menu (click Start, then type windows media player to find it). Click the little icon bottom right to switch to 'Now Playing'. Click and drag the window to the size (and position) you want. Close WMP and it will remember these settings and use them next time it is opened.

Bree, Mar 7, 2018
  5. I don't see a view menu. See screen shot in the attachment.

Ken Lichtsinn, Mar 7, 2018
  6. Bree New Member
    Ctrl+M will toggle the menu bar on or off.

Alternatively, Alt+V will bring up the View menu without the need for a menu bar.

Bree, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Don't open an avchd file in thumb nail

1. Don't open an avchd file in thumb nail - Similar Threads - Don't open avchd

2. Change thumb nails for the videos/images

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change thumb nails for the videos/images: The world knows you can give us the ability to do this, I have many clients who want me to do that but it is you who is not letting me do that and my clients think I am crazy. So pretty, please. With sugar on top. Quit screwing us around more than you already have. Just do...
  3. Change thumb nails for the videos/images

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change thumb nails for the videos/images: The world knows you can give us the ability to do this, I have many clients who want me to do that but it is you who is not letting me do that and my clients think I am crazy. So pretty, please. With sugar on top. Quit screwing us around more than you already have. Just do...
  4. Thumb Nails images are no longer showing in Windows 11 folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Thumb Nails images are no longer showing in Windows 11 folder?: can you explain this to me like I am 5, like I am not an expert? I deleted something? I simply want to get them back. Or find a quick and easy way to scroll through them....
  5. Thumb Nails images are no longer showing in Windows 11 folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Thumb Nails images are no longer showing in Windows 11 folder?: can you explain this to me like I am 5, like I am not an expert? I deleted something? I simply want to get them back. Or find a quick and easy way to scroll through them....
  6. .BAT files don't open.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .BAT files don't open.: When I double click a .bat file, It doesn't even open a window. I also noticed this for .exe files, and that I can't run newer files, only the ones that had already been on my computer....
  7. Unable to open files on thumb drive

Unable to open files on thumb drive: I could sure use some help. I am unable to open files on thumb drives. I can see them, however, when I attempt to open with internet explorer, I get "What do you want to do with xxxxxxx file". I click on "open" and get screen that says "view and track your downloads",...
  8. Media Files don't open

Media Files don't open: So I had an issue on my computer and all my media files lost their preview and when I try opening any image format or video format they won't open. I fixed the issue on my computer after resetting the system, but the files that got corrupted don't open any more, I tried...
  9. OPEN ALL PAGES FROM THUMB DRIVE FILES

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    OPEN ALL PAGES FROM THUMB DRIVE FILES: I HAVE FILES ON THUMB DRIVES THAT WILL ONLY OPEN PAGE 1 IN MY COMPUTER. HOW DO I ACCESS THE REMAINING PAGES? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/open-all-pages-from-thumb-drive-files/4700cda1-9f54-40d7-be1b-040726fdaa46
  10. Thumb Nails Keep turning blank

in Windows 10 Support
    Thumb Nails Keep turning blank: Not really a huge issue, but yes my thumbnails keep turning blank, or if you like into a paper icon. It is quite odd, If I reboot my icons are there, but later they change into ''paper icon'' I mentioned. I have scanned my pc for malware and virus, nothing there. I am...