Windows 10: Don't remember PW for my DESK TOP screen to open up

Discus and support Don't remember PW for my DESK TOP screen to open up in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am trying to get into my screen lock on my Desk Top and it wanted me to come to Live.com to fix but The password was set-up with an old email... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Cynthia M.Smith, Nov 30, 2020.

1. Don't remember PW for my DESK TOP screen to open up

I am trying to get into my screen lock on my Desk Top and it wanted me to come to Live.com to fix but The password was set-up with an old email address. How do I get back into my desk top?

:)

Cynthia M.Smith, Nov 30, 2020

2. Cannot remember the PW to get me to the start desk top page

Hi,

I suffer from epilepsy so my memory is shot.

I'm on my wife laptop as I cannot get on to the start window on mine due to forgetting PW and writing it down, I try to reset it but to no avail due to memory and getting annoyed as microsoft keeps asking for me to sign in, er hello If I could sign in then
    I would be where I am I thought to myself.

So basically to picture it........

1) I turn my laptop on which is windows 10

2) The first window has picture wallpaper & time and date

3) I tap a key it takes me to the secure login where I enter PW the one I've forgotten

4) I try to reset it but to me it seems I'm going round in circles with microsoft, I do have 2 step security that needs that app thing which again I cannot remember

so all help would be grateful

steven7227, Nov 30, 2020
  3. MesPia Win User
    Nice if Start screen "remembered" its position

This is not really a problem to be solved now, but a suggestion to Microsoft for a future update or version of Windows.

It would be nice if the Start screen remembered its position. For example, if I open the Start screen and scroll down to those applications that start with the letter "W", the next time I open the Start screen, it reverts back to displaying the top of the
    list. It would be nice if it "remembered" I was on "W" and opened at that position.

MesPia, Nov 30, 2020
  4. Don't remember PW for my DESK TOP screen to open up

Desk Top Windows 10

Please how can I move my desk top icons to make them into apps and then some of them into tiles..........I don`t want icons and apps. I find that they will not drag and drop ? ? Would be very pleased if you can help me.

David

DAVE. 1932, Nov 30, 2020
Thema:

Don't remember PW for my DESK TOP screen to open up

1. Don't remember PW for my DESK TOP screen to open up - Similar Threads - Don't remember DESK

2. GETTING RID OF ICONS ON MY DESK TOP THAT WLL NOT OPEN

in Windows 10 Customization
    GETTING RID OF ICONS ON MY DESK TOP THAT WLL NOT OPEN: HOW DO I GET RID OF ICONS ON MY DESK TOP THAT I CAN NOT DELETE, OR MOVE ANY WHERE ELSE WHEN I CLICK ON THEM AND TRY TO DRAG THEM IT JUST MAKES THE SCREEN LOOK BLUE IT DOES NOTHING THANK YOU...
  3. desk top

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    desk top: My old desk top with the icon and info is disapperaed ps help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desk-top/c2f6e620-5b0b-4993-a40c-b9aea2f71dda
  4. desk top

desk top: my desk top display changed from the display where the desktop showed google chrome, trash, Kindle etc.. They are now in the taskbar. How do I change it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desk-top/0d4d4504-e4f6-468d-bebb-da280d3e690a
  5. Desk top

Desk top: Got a message from Sumit to send him a snapshot of this is very long. Going to send the first page. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desk-top/5b03a503-87cf-480f-a507-d076559bf34d
  6. desk top

desk top: while trying to copy pictures to put on a flash drive i have somehow put them on my desktop, how do i remove them and not delete them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desk-top/1281a9bf-36ba-4ad2-8803-513bf653ef54
  7. Most of my desk top icons do not open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Most of my desk top icons do not open: I have had this problem for several weeks and have contacted HP, Microsoft and on line sites. No one as given me a permanent cure. Only a few of my desktop icons will open. I cannot access my start menu or use the search box. No one seems to get the problem fixed. Can...
  8. Desk top

Desk top: my desk top has disappeared. All the icons have disappeared. I can log onto the computer into my area of use, but once in nothing comes up. When you click on the home button - it does nit bring up any thing just a whirling ball? Is this my computer going faulty or...
  9. desk top

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    desk top: When trying to save to desktop i receive this error how can i fix and what may have caused it can save everywhere but to the DESKTOP THANK YOU TIMMY[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desk-top/cd6f1d94-eec7-46c0-a8fb-c46251472241
  10. Desk Top

Desk Top: HI, I'm hoping someone can help me? All my program file icons on the desktop and in the start menu have gone. The programs them self's are still on the pc and working fine as I had pinned some to the task bar and these are still there and the programs open with no issues...