Windows 10: Don't see a full thumbnail preview of tabs in taskbar when having more than one tab open

Discus and support Don't see a full thumbnail preview of tabs in taskbar when having more than one tab open in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So when I hover my mouse over let's say file explorer, i get this thumbnail. It works good when only one file explorer is open. If I open another one,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/gitrikt, Apr 9, 2020.

1. Don't see a full thumbnail preview of tabs in taskbar when having more than one tab open

So when I hover my mouse over let's say file explorer, i get this thumbnail. It works good when only one file explorer is open.

If I open another one, this happens. IDK why.

submitted by /u/gitrikt
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/gitrikt, Apr 9, 2020

2. Edge taskbar preview only showing first tab.

My problem is that the Edge thumbnail preview that displays when hovering over the icon on the taskbar only shows the active tab in each window, instead of all tabs. This started after I had an issue were Edge opened off screen (running multiple displays).
    I had to use shift + right click Move to get it back. That's when it stopped showing all the tabs in the preview. It still shows the different windows I have open, but only the active tab on each window. Internet Explorer still shows all the open tabs in
    the taskbar preview. The taskbar preview works for all other programs I tried so the problem seems to be isolated to Edge. I was able to narrow it down to about a 15 minute window of when the change occurred so if there are any event logs that might shed
    light on what happened.

ShorterBuss, Apr 9, 2020
  3. Taskbar no longer allows resequencing of tabs of a single application

You can not move the thumbnail previews for open windows.

You also can not right click on a taskbar icon of a running program and sort them in the list.

If you have IE open with 4 tabs in one browser, if you move the tab on browser, that will move it on taskbar thumbnail preview on hover.

If you are opening 3 separate IE browsers then they will show in the order on taskbar on single taskbar icon.

If you want to open 3 browsers and have 3 IE Icons on taskbar to move left and right, then you have to change settings.

Don't see a full thumbnail preview of tabs in taskbar when having more than one tab open 03fbfa52-ee00-4150-bc4e-2f6889430d9a?upload=true.jpg

seahawks65, Apr 9, 2020
  4. Don't see a full thumbnail preview of tabs in taskbar when having more than one tab open

Taskbar no longer allows resequencing of tabs of a single application

which browser because Edge has thumbnails in the browser as tabs. I am referring to open windows, programs and IE. There are no thumbnail previews on IE Browser, such as hovering over an IE tab and showing thumbnails. Not happening.

Can you take a snap shot and post it.

Google chrome only shows one thumbnail preview in taskbar, the first tab.

I am still not sure what you are referring to.

Here I have 4 tabs in IE and below the 4 thumbnail previews on taskbar when I hover over IE. If I move a tab on browser left or right, the preview will match the tab order on browser.

Don't see a full thumbnail preview of tabs in taskbar when having more than one tab open 4ecbde40-307e-41de-abf8-ebc762a72b8c?upload=true.jpg

seahawks65, Apr 9, 2020
Thema:

Don't see a full thumbnail preview of tabs in taskbar when having more than one tab open

1. Don't see a full thumbnail preview of tabs in taskbar when having more than one tab open - Similar Threads - Don't full thumbnail

2. If I have a File Explorer window open and open more than 1 tab, the additional tabs aren't...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If I have a File Explorer window open and open more than 1 tab, the additional tabs aren't...: Previously, I have always opened a new File Explorer window when I want to copy files from one directory to another.I noticed that there are tabs and realised this is neater than having 2 separate file explorer windows open.I have the settings set to restore the windows when...
  3. If I have a File Explorer window open and open more than 1 tab, the additional tabs aren't...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    If I have a File Explorer window open and open more than 1 tab, the additional tabs aren't...: Previously, I have always opened a new File Explorer window when I want to copy files from one directory to another.I noticed that there are tabs and realised this is neater than having 2 separate file explorer windows open.I have the settings set to restore the windows when...
  4. Remove taskbar thumbnail previews for browsers with multiple tabs open.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove taskbar thumbnail previews for browsers with multiple tabs open.: If you click on any app on your taskbar besides browsers it just opens that app. That's great. Thumbs up emoji.Win10 and Win11 if you click on a browser with multiple tabs open it opens a THUMBNAIL PREVIEW.If you DOUBLE CLICK on a browser with multiple tabs open it still...
  5. Remove taskbar thumbnail previews for browsers with multiple tabs open.

Remove taskbar thumbnail previews for browsers with multiple tabs open.: If you click on any app on your taskbar besides browsers it just opens that app. That's great. Thumbs up emoji.Win10 and Win11 if you click on a browser with multiple tabs open it opens a THUMBNAIL PREVIEW.If you DOUBLE CLICK on a browser with multiple tabs open it still...
  6. Taskbar doesn't show when i alt tab from a full screen tab to a windowed tab

Taskbar doesn't show when i alt tab from a full screen tab to a windowed tab: as you can see there is no taskbar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-doesnt-show-when-i-alt-tab-from-a-full/385bdb24-32ed-4c8d-8b47-fa1ef642149f
  7. I can't see Taskbar Thumbnail Previews "when multiple tabs minimized in an app"

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't see Taskbar Thumbnail Previews "when multiple tabs minimized in an app": I can't see Taskbar Thumbnail Previews when multiple tabs minimized in an app. But when 1 tab minimized I can see Taskbar Thumbnail Previews. I used to see all of my minimized windows or tab of any app. Now I can only see the titles of tab or windows If multiple tabs...
  8. How do I see more than 10 thumbnail previews in the Taskbar?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How do I see more than 10 thumbnail previews in the Taskbar?: Hello Friends I'm on windows 10. Version 2004 I often have a lot of windows open of the same program at once, and I much prefer to see the thumbnail picture when I hover over the program in the Taskbar. After a certain number has been opened, the thumbnail previews change...
  9. Taskbar dissapearing, can't open windows tab and more!

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar dissapearing, can't open windows tab and more!: The last few months I've had an issue which I've managed to get around but its driving me insane. Heres a summary of my problems - Taskbar at random times vanishes before returning a few seconds later, minus icons that were on it previous for programmes I had opened. - When...
  10. Enable or Disable Ctrl+Tab Thumbnail Previews of Tabs in Firefox

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Ctrl+Tab Thumbnail Previews of Tabs in Firefox: How to: Enable or Disable Ctrl+Tab Thumbnail Previews of Tabs in Firefox How to Enable or Disable Ctrl+Tab Thumbnail Previews of Tabs in Firefox Starting with Firefox 63.0, the Ctrl+Tab shortcut now displays thumbnail previews of your tabs and cycles through tabs in...