Windows 10: Don't see my desktop folders; want to remove the tiles.

Discus and support Don't see my desktop folders; want to remove the tiles. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Running Windows 10 Pro.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by David (NYC-MHNY), Sep 9, 2019.

1. Don't see my desktop folders; want to remove the tiles.

Running Windows 10 Pro.

:)

David (NYC-MHNY), Sep 9, 2019
  2. armym3 Win User

WarRock 3D Detection don´t works

Hello Guys,

i had a problem with my Card. The card didn´t wanted to change in 3D Modus. Ok now i removed the other 2 Pins and now it runs in 3D Modus in 3DMark06 too. The Card is a HD 2900GT. But my Game WarRock don´t runs in 3D Modus. Is there a List where i can start the game in 3D Manual? Because in Automatic it don´t want start because the Card don´t see that it is an 3D Game. Can someone help me?

armym3, Sep 9, 2019
  3. Windows 10 I can't remove a tile from the start menu.

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family. I would be happy to assist you.

From the description provided, I understand that you want to remove a tile from the start screen of a deleted folder.

Use the following steps to remove tiles from your Start Screen.

Please follow the below steps to remove the tile.

• Press the Windows (
      Don't see my desktop folders; want to remove the tiles. [​IMG]
      ) key
      to open the Start screen.
    • Right-click on the tile you want to remove.
    • Select Unpin from Start to remove the tile.
    Ideally, the above steps should remove the tile which you want to. However, if it fails to, I would suggest you to Restore Default Start Screen Tiles. Please follow the below steps.

• Press the Windows key + R from the keyboard to open the Run Command Dialog Box.
    • Enter the following command: %LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows, which will open the Microsoft Windows App-data folder.
    • Scroll down to find these two files, namely, item-data file and the item-data.bak.
    • Select both files to delet, right-click on it and select Delete option to send it to the Recycle bin. Don’t press Shift to delete it permanently, let it go to recycle bin. On the safe side you can make a backup copy of these two files on another disk location.
    • Restart your PC or log out and log in again. Now you will see Windows 8.x Start Screen reset to default tiles.
    • Now re-arrange the tile as you want and new tiles will also be created automatily when you install any apps from Store.
    Note: If anything went wrong and you want to revert start screen tiles to your tiles. restore item data files from recycle bin or from the location where you backed up to the Windows app data folder.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be glad to help you.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Sep 9, 2019
  4. Don't see my desktop folders; want to remove the tiles.

Desktop Folders

Try this.

It seems that you have Auto Arrange on.

• Right Click a blank part of your Desktop.
    • Select : View from the drop down.
    • Take the Check Mark out of Auto Arrange Icons.
    If you don`t want the Icons to line up to a Grid type formation then also remove the Check Mark from Align Icons to Grid.

You should now be able set the Order of them as you want as well as move them freely about your Desktop.

Frank N St31n, Sep 9, 2019
Thema:

Don't see my desktop folders; want to remove the tiles.

1. Don't see my desktop folders; want to remove the tiles. - Similar Threads - Don't desktop folders

2. Cannot Remove language I don't want

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Remove language I don't want: I cannot remove my afrikan from my language bar I did everything chatGPT told me to do still doesn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-remove-language-i-dont-want/3dcbc5fb-880a-4a38-8b3a-37e3c4c15df9
  3. Cannot Remove language I don't want

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Remove language I don't want: I cannot remove my afrikan from my language bar I did everything chatGPT told me to do still doesn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-remove-language-i-dont-want/3dcbc5fb-880a-4a38-8b3a-37e3c4c15df9
  4. Desktop tiles

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop tiles: I uninstalled my mail tile by mistake. I tried to go to ms store bt I keep receiving "Try that again Page could not be loaded"This happened prior to 20H2 update. I was under the impression all would restore after update. But it did not. Suggestions?...
  5. Tiles on desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tiles on desktop: Most of the tiles changed to only show the icon and title. They are not framed and colored like before, Can anyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tiles-on-desktop/f298e17e-c8f4-4eed-98ff-09a56e90712c
  6. Don't want transparent icons on my Windows 10 Desktop

Don't want transparent icons on my Windows 10 Desktop: After a recent Windows security update, the icons on my desktop all became transparent.I didn't like that "feature" when I used Macs, and I sure don't like it now that I've moved over to Windows. I use a darker solid-color desktop, and this makes the icons harder to read? Is...
  7. onedrive. don't want it but i want my desktop back...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    onedrive. don't want it but i want my desktop back...: Got a new pc and one drive immediately started throwing my files there and filled itself up and started asking me if I wanted to buy more. NO! Thought I stopped this thing from syncing and deleted the app. By my digital audio workstation seems to have defaulted to storing...
  8. My Tiles don't work

My Tiles don't work: My Tiles don't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-tiles-dont-work/8732fd5f-e391-4299-9fa6-37afcaecc2fa
  9. Desktop Tile

Desktop Tile: Hello people, *Smile So, I'll be short here. I have Windows 10 installed but the Desktop Tile on Start Menu/Screen is not there, nor there are any options to pin it. Is there any possible way to pin it. Thank you for reading. 20469
  10. no desktop tiles

in Windows 10 Support
    no desktop tiles: I recently installed 10 on 2 laptops. Desktop tiles were missing in both. Instead of the expected win 10 start button, my start corner shops the familiar 8 icon. I have tried for days to find a solution online, with zero success. Any help will be appreciated 34578