Windows 10: Don't see network computers on pptp VPN and OpenVPN

Discus and support Don't see network computers on pptp VPN and OpenVPN in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi I managed to connect on pptp and OpenVPN to access the home network remotely but when I go to explorer and try to locate the network computers, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AnthonyHoHongKong, Mar 19, 2019.

1. Don't see network computers on pptp VPN and OpenVPN

Hi I managed to connect on pptp and OpenVPN to access the home network remotely but when I go to explorer and try to locate the network computers, I don't see them and I would like to see what can be done to fix it.

thanks

Anthony

:)

AnthonyHoHongKong, Mar 19, 2019

2. VPN PPTP

Johnny123,

Publicly available SymVPN versions are not supporting P2TP nor OpenVPN.

Official SymVPN versions are supporting PPTP VPN.

larry7---01, Mar 19, 2019
  3. Will Lumia supported PPTP VPN serivce?

Will Lumia supported PPTP VPN serivce?

I need to use it. T^T

kanokwanpool, Mar 19, 2019
  4. Don't see network computers on pptp VPN and OpenVPN

PPTP VPN

I just installed and configured a PPTP VPN on a Centos 6 VM and it works very well.

You will need ppp and pptpd installed as well as "Development Tools"

You will need to ensure ip_forwarding is enabled in sysctl.conf

You will want to add the appropriate iptables rules for port 1723.

Finally will want to set your IP range for tunneling, point to googles DNS (optional) and add usernames/password.

I highly recommend this if you are like me and like to VPN using wireless from an untrusted location.

Easy Rhino, Mar 19, 2019
Thema:

Don't see network computers on pptp VPN and OpenVPN

1. Don't see network computers on pptp VPN and OpenVPN - Similar Threads - Don't network computers

2. PPTP VPN won't connect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PPTP VPN won't connect: So today I decided to use Windows built-in VPN where you get the IP address, username and password from a certain website. You see, sometimes when I use the PPTP protocol it will randomly fail to connect for a day and goes back to normal in the next day. The error message is...
  3. PPTP VPN won't connect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PPTP VPN won't connect: So today I decided to use Windows built-in VPN where you get the IP address, username and password from a certain website. You see, sometimes when I use the PPTP protocol it will randomly fail to connect for a day and goes back to normal in the next day. The error message is...
  4. PPTP VPN won't connect

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. OpenVPN -> Autoconnect to VPN + Killswitch?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    OpenVPN -> Autoconnect to VPN + Killswitch?: Hey!, Recently I bought a gaming laptop which brought me back to Windows from Arch since TBH I didn't really want to deal with the headaches of trying to get Optimus to work properly haha (That and using my Xbox Game Pass sub to play Outer Worlds). I have it pretty much set...
  6. Unable to connect to my office PPTP VPN

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to connect to my office PPTP VPN: I was trying to connect to my office PPTP VPN, but it fails with no error after the reboot. I tried again but received an error message "the specified port already open". I don’t think the issue is caused by the RAS or my home network because I can connect from other...
  7. Unable to connect to my work PPTP VPN

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to connect to my work PPTP VPN: I cannot connect to my work PPTP VPN. After rebooting I get the error the specified port already open. I tried to connect using different Windows 10 computers and it was OK so I think there is no issue with either the RAS or my home network.\ I tried to delete and recreate...
  8. PPTP VPN setup

PPTP VPN setup: The connection is between my Win10 laptop (build 10586.71) and my home Buffalo router. The connection worked fine before from Windows 7, and it still works via my android phone (6.0.1). But now, when I try to connect, I get "The PPP link control protocol was terminated."...
  9. PPTP VPN setup

PPTP VPN setup: The connection is between my Win10 laptop (build 10586.71) and my home Buffalo router. The connection worked fine before from Windows 7, and it still works via my android phone (6.0.1). But now, when I try to connect, I get "The PPP link control protocol was terminated."...
  10. other computer don't see the network

other computer don't see the network: I have three computers in a network. Computer A see all the computer en the network harddisk en printer. Computer B see only himself in the network en the printer. Computer C see computer B and the printer but not the harddisk and computer A. The network group is the same...