Windows 10: Don't see the upgrade? Try this...worked for me!

Discus and support Don't see the upgrade? Try this...worked for me! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; For all who see a failed "Windows 10 Upgrade" in Windows Update; 1. Go into "C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download" and delete everything in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mrpeters, Jul 28, 2015.

1. mrpeters Win User

Don't see the upgrade? Try this...worked for me!

For all who see a failed "Windows 10 Upgrade" in Windows Update;

1. Go into "C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download" and delete everything in that folder.
    2. Now, run the command prompt as an administrator. Type in "wuauclt.exe /updatenow".
    3. Go to your Control Panel > Windows Update and your Windows 10 will start downloading (5,398.0MB total for me on 8.1 Pro)

This is working as of 7AM in Eastern time zone.

:)

mrpeters, Jul 28, 2015
  2. r1150gs Win User

Don't try this on a E70

Accidentally I have dialed "82" on my E70. The phone displayed "Requesting..." immediately I have received an operator message saying "UNKNOWN APPLICATION" on the phone screen. After this, I could not access anymore my phone "CALL SETTINGS" sub-menu. I
    have tried to reboot, to redial "82", without success. Anyone knows how to fix this problem without resetting the phone? My operator "Telstra" could not help on this issue. Thanks

r1150gs, Jul 28, 2015
  3. r1150gs Win User
    Don't try this on a E70

thanks for the advise. I have tried to leave the battery disconnected for several hours. when powered back, i had to adjust the time. unfortunately the issue is not solved. I believe that only a phone reset or firmware update will fix this buggy E70. I
    am not happy to bring it to Nokia service now as they USUALLY RESET EVERY PHONE, and the restore is never 100% efficient. I'll wait for the new firmware v.3 availability, in order to reset the phone only once. thanks and regards

r1150gs, Jul 28, 2015
  4. jimbo45 Win User

Hi there

This doesn't work if you are running the last insider build (10240). I think you have to do this from a "Qualifying OS - W7/8/8.1).

It worked fine from a W7 Ultimate Virtual machine I'm running.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jul 28, 2015
  5. mrpeters Win User
    @jimbo45 -- Right. Thanks for the clarification. This is for the upgrade from Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 through Windows Update. I was in the insider program, but only installed one early build to test my software with Windows 10 in a VM.

mrpeters, Jul 28, 2015
  6. dwdie Win User
    my download only 2.7 gb do you guys know why is that ? i have windows 8.1 pro thanks a lot.

dwdie, Jul 28, 2015
  7. Kevzombie Win User
    I did a reformat, and the stupid I con won't show back up ( The update is installed) even tried the BATCH fix that was online long before release! I just don't understand why it won't turn on!

Kevzombie, Jul 28, 2015
  8. drewski83 Win User

Thanks OP, been waiting since 1201am this morning lol. Will be deleting that folder soon as I get back to my desk.

drewski83, Jul 28, 2015
  9. elbmek Win User
    I've had zero notification as yet, its now 1947 hrs UK

I'll try Mr P's solution but only on my laptop, till I know whats going on, both 8.1. Laptop is Pro; hope I get 10 Pro?

elbmek, Jul 28, 2015
  10. mrpeters Win User
    fwiw, i ran this on a second PC (this time Win 7 Enterprise) and it downloaded Windows 10 and brought me to the "Ready to Install" screen at around 1:00 today (Eastern time).

mrpeters, Jul 28, 2015
  11. elbmek Win User
    Does not work for me on laptop (8.1)

It works but no space between .exe and/updatenow - you have a space in your post

elbmek, Jul 28, 2015
  12. mrpeters Win User
    Space is accurate.

Just did another client's machine (Win 7 Pro) here is a screenshot.

Don't see the upgrade?  Try this...worked for me! [​IMG]

mrpeters, Jul 28, 2015
  13. elbmek Win User

I tried it 3 times with space, nothing. Did it without space then went into update and it was downloading. currently 85% ......

elbmek, Jul 28, 2015
  14. Kevzombie Win User
    This works without the ICON showing. I just redid my PC last night couldn't get the ICON back, I did reserve already and have the update installed. Ran this and it's downloading!

Kevzombie, Jul 28, 2015
  15. elbmek Win User
    FAILED!!! Upgrade failure ...............

elbmek, Jul 28, 2015
Thema:

1. Don't see the upgrade? Try this...worked for me! - Similar Threads - Don't upgrade Try

2. Don't See USB in This PC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Don't See USB in This PC?: Folks, I plug in a USB stick to any of my USB ports, but then don't see it in This PC. I want to drag some files in to it.how do I get it to show in This PC?? Or maybe it's somewhere else in Win 10 Home?...
  3. Don't See USB in This PC?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Don't See USB in This PC?: Folks, I plug in a USB stick to any of my USB ports, but then don't see it in This PC. I want to drag some files in to it.how do I get it to show in This PC?? Or maybe it's somewhere else in Win 10 Home?...
  4. Headphones don't work. Tried every solution.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Headphones don't work. Tried every solution.: So I was visiting another town for a year for school, and I had my gaming laptop I had just got new headphones and they worked great. When I got back home to my PC though my headphones wouldn't work. Me and my father spent almost 3 hour trying to fix this issue. My drivers...
  5. I Don't See Months

in Cortana
    I Don't See Months: Hi there! Why do I not see months? I was trying to convert days to months.[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-see-months/e717702b-cf18-48a8-946a-43df9e3ec621
  6. Now you don't see me - and now you see

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Now you don't see me - and now you see: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SektorL [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e9rw1o/now_you_dont_see_me_and_now_you_see/
  7. I don't see the wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I don't see the wifi: In my lapto I do not see the Wi-Fi that is nearby to connect to me the first time this happens to me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-see-the-wifi/63294876-fe8b-4441-9ff8-ba57062880af
  8. don't see update 1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    don't see update 1903: my desktop got it but not my laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dont-see-update-1903/5fe2d45b-fbeb-44a9-8a52-31a4be2ac74f
  9. don't see internet options

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    don't see internet options: I just changed to new modem and now I cannot see "internet options" on one of my networking desk top. Is there a solution to this issue. I get error 651 too. Thanks!...
  10. Trying New Browser: Vivaldi to see how it works for me...

in Browsers and Email
    Trying New Browser: Vivaldi to see how it works for me...: I am testing and using the new version of browser: Vivaldi TP4.1.0.219.50.x64 Some years ago I used the old Opera browser all the time and really liked it. I plan to use it here a lot...while giving it good test.... I understand this new browser named: Vivaldi was written...