Windows 10: Don't understand why this happens......

Discus and support Don't understand why this happens...... in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Win 10 Home ver 1803 Build 17134.81 Default browser is IE11. No 3rd party browser installed. Home page is google.ca Situation : I have IE11 shortcut... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by davidhk, May 29, 2018.

1. davidhk Win User

Don't understand why this happens......

Win 10 Home ver 1803 Build 17134.81
    Default browser is IE11.
    No 3rd party browser installed.
    Home page is google.ca

Situation :
    I have IE11 shortcut on my desktop. Each time I click it open, I get 2 google tabs.
    Why is that ?
    This situation happens only on opening IE11shortcut. Other desktop shortcuts are not affected.

Don't understand why this happens...... [​IMG]

:)

davidhk, May 29, 2018

2. Why did this happen?

Hi John,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

• Are you the administrator user in the computer?

To check if your password has changed I suggest you to lock/sign-out from the computer & sign in again, check if password has been changed.

I would like to inform you that you need a Microsoft Account to make purchases from Windows Store. Your Microsoft account is the combination of an email address and a password that you can also use to sign in to services.

If you are not administrator I would suggest you to create inbuilt admin account & check if the issue persists.

Refer the steps below.

Run the Command Prompt as administrator.

net user administrator /active:yes

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to

assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, May 29, 2018
  3. Why Windows 10 don't goes to login screen after CTRL+ALT+DELETE?

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

CTRL+ALT+DELETE will open you log-in screen in Windows 10 too. I suggest you to try pressing
    Ctrl+SHIFT+Esc key and check if it opens the Task manager. If issue persist, I suggest you to try below given steps and check if it works.

This issue may occur due to some system file corruption.
    I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
      • Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Hope this information helps. Post back with updated issue details for further help.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, May 29, 2018
Thema:

Don't understand why this happens......

1. Don't understand why this happens...... - Similar Threads - Don't understand why

2. BSOD I need help understanding why it's happening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD I need help understanding why it's happening: I need help fixing this BSOD. I can give a minidump file if needed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-i-need-help-understanding-why-its-happening/7412a8bc-9409-4e34-84fb-e75e768217e0
  3. BSOD I need help understanding why it's happening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD I need help understanding why it's happening: I need help fixing this BSOD. I can give a minidump file if needed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-i-need-help-understanding-why-its-happening/7412a8bc-9409-4e34-84fb-e75e768217e0
  4. Message I Don't Understand

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Message I Don't Understand: I recently began getting this message, it pops up every few minutes. I already tried updating to windows 11 to see if that resolved it, but it didn't. Any idea as to how I can get this to stop showing up?? If it's any help, though I doubt it's related, I downloaded the...
  5. Message I Don't Understand

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Message I Don't Understand: I recently began getting this message, it pops up every few minutes. I already tried updating to windows 11 to see if that resolved it, but it didn't. Any idea as to how I can get this to stop showing up?? If it's any help, though I doubt it's related, I downloaded the...
  6. I don't understand why this rectangle is there on my screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I don't understand why this rectangle is there on my screen: This weird rectangle on my screen appears randomly I tried taking screenshot of it on my desktop but it didn't appeared correctly so I made that grey background just below it in paint so it will be visible properly.Whenever I hover my mouse over that area cursor changes to...
  7. I don't understand why this rectangle is there on my screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I don't understand why this rectangle is there on my screen: This weird rectangle on my screen appears randomly I tried taking screenshot of it on my desktop but it didn't appeared correctly so I made that grey background just below it in paint so it will be visible properly.Whenever I hover my mouse over that area cursor changes to...
  8. I don't understand this . . .

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I don't understand this . . .: Lately I've been having trouble, staying on the internet?When I turn it on, from being completely off.It says no internet. I have a Wi-Fi code, to get online.So I go look, for available Networks. Then I'm connected.My computer's a Dell laptop, running Windows 10.I had my...
  9. I don't understand this . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    I don't understand this . . .: This a little, off subject. I do get to this Forum, on a computer, running Windows 10 That, should count, I guess? I'm a Kansas City Chiefs fan. I live near Kansas City. I watched Superbowl 54, live. The link below, will show you almost the whole game. But, the strangest...
  10. Macrium Reflect failed me, don't understand why

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Macrium Reflect failed me, don't understand why: The boot drive on my home web server died. I was using Drive Image XML for backup. I had a Seagate 120GB HDD as the boot drive, replaced it with a Kingston 120GB SSD. Had a heck of a time finding a way to restore my DIXML backup using the Runtime Software rescue disc as...