Windows 10: Don't want apps shared across all accounts.

Discus and support Don't want apps shared across all accounts. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have multiple local accounts 1 admin, 2 standard with apps installed in these accounts. I installed various apps across these different accounts... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by kartiknesari, Sep 9, 2020.

1. Don't want apps shared across all accounts.

I have multiple local accounts 1 admin, 2 standard with apps installed in these accounts. I installed various apps across these different accounts wanting them to be used only if I logged in through that particular account. Instead I am getting these apps shared across all the accounts with only the metadata being differentiated across the accounts. I don't want this to happen, what can i do here?

:)

kartiknesari, Sep 9, 2020

2. Trouble sharing from windows 10 photo app

When I click the share button in photos, I get message that I don"t have app to share pictures. I do not get a list of places to share.

Gretchen896, Sep 9, 2020
  3. Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Sep 9, 2020
  4. DTG1 Win User

Don't want apps shared across all accounts.

Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

DTG1, Sep 9, 2020
Thema:

Don't want apps shared across all accounts.

1. Don't want apps shared across all accounts. - Similar Threads - Don't apps shared

2. How to share a file across devices with the same OneDrive account?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to share a file across devices with the same OneDrive account?: I am new to OneDrive and want to do something that should be simple. I have three devices; a desktop with windows 10, a laptop with windows 11, and an android phone. All have OneDrive with the same account. I would like to manually put a file in the OneDrive folder on one...
  3. Sharing across devices

Sharing across devices: Until last month, my desktop PC happily shared with my laptop, and my Windows explorer displayed the up to date information on screen from input into either machine.Suddenly that has stopped, and I cannot remember how I set it up in the first place.Can anyone help me with...
  4. Microsoft Sign On To Share Across All Devices.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Sign On To Share Across All Devices.: This requirement sucks. I do NOT want to sign into a Microsoft account to set up my new laptop and I do NOT like having to sign into it with my desktop because I DO NOT share across devices. This is the most privacy invasive thing you can do. STOP trying to make things...
  5. don't want to share accounts with husband

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    don't want to share accounts with husband: I had an account years ago and stopped using it. Then my husband needed an MSN account, he had to delete MSN completely in order to get rid of my account. It didn't really work. When the time came that I needed my MSN email again I found I had to sign in through my husbands...
  6. I don't understand (sharing files across the Win 10 network)

I don't understand (sharing files across the Win 10 network): I hope someone, ANYONE can help. I have 4 PCs in the Network I have. 3 main and one laptop. For the 3 main(Rig 1, Rig 2 and Server) I am using and have an active Domain on the Win Server 16' Comp. The Domain users (main 3) have Admin access (or should) I have a working...
  7. Ugly Video Playback across all the apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ugly Video Playback across all the apps: I'm using Legion Y540 i5-9300H, GTX1650, 8GB RAM and Windows 1909. Everything was fine till yesterday but now the video playback is utter trash. The videos lack saturation and contrast and are oversharp. This is happening in all the apps including MPC-HC, PotPlayer, inbuilt...
  8. sharing folders across Users

sharing folders across Users: Windows 10 I used to prev PC be able to access a folder on C:\Users\David\Desktop from a shortcut on C:\Users\Ben\Desktop. David is the Admin. Now I can't. I added Admin Rights to Users/Ben but that didn't work. When I bring up the Shortcut on Ben's Desktop, and...
  9. System Stuttering Across All Apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Stuttering Across All Apps: After various amateur attempts at identifying the problem and two clean installs (updating all drivers each time), my 5 year old Windows 10 PC continues to have performance problems across all apps, including those it had no problem tackling in the past such as GMS2 and...
  10. Mail app - don't want it but keeps nagging account wrong

in Browsers and Email
    Mail app - don't want it but keeps nagging account wrong: Hi fols I don't want or use the built in Windows mail app but on logon to windows it opens with a always get a prompt -- Your Ms account needs fixing. I use local accounts so how can I get rid of this annoying popup after a Windows boot. I've also deleted One drive as...