Windows 10: Don't want Edge as my default browser

Discus and support Don't want Edge as my default browser in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Why does Microsoft keep asking me to make "Edge" the default browser & if I want to try the latest version? Despite using another browser as my default... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by FlickBURCHETT, Jul 31, 2021.

1. Don't want Edge as my default browser

Why does Microsoft keep asking me to make "Edge" the default browser & if I want to try the latest version? Despite using another browser as my default & turning off the setting for it to continue asking me if I'd like to try it, I'm still asked every time I open Microsoft.

:)

FlickBURCHETT, Jul 31, 2021

2. Changing default browser to IE and wifi issues

Hi Ed,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• In desktop search, type default app settings and select the result.

• Under Web browser, click the current browser (EDGE).

• Choose Internet Explorer and set it as
      default.

Hope it helps.

SujataMoktan, Jul 31, 2021
  3. Unable to set default browser

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

The information which you have provided is not enough for us to determine the issue. Please provide us more information.

• Does this issue happens while you try to set other browser as default too or is it specific to specific browser?

To set Internet Explorer/Edge as a default browser, I suggest you to follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key and type Default Program in search and hit enter.
    • Select "Set your default programs"
    • Click on “Internet Explorer" or “Edge”.
    • Select "Set this program as default” and Click OK.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Jul 31, 2021
  4. Ann McNew Win User

Don't want Edge as my default browser

Default Browser Keeps Changing to Edge

About a week ago, when I start my computer (from being completely shutdown) - open Outlook email and click on any link in an email, it opens in Edge. Firefox has always been my default browser. If I check my settings, it will show Edge as my default and
    I never changed it to that. If I open Firefox before clicking on any links in email, then it asks me if I'd like t make it my default and that will work only for that particular session.

Every time the computer is shut down and restarted, Edge takes over again.

I followed all of the steps as described by Erika above, except for the first suggestion "Set your preferred default browser to skip
    Choose default apps by file type." As I mentioned above, I do not understand what this sentence is saying.

I just check the for windows updates, and everything is up-to-date, no updates are pending.

I just want my default browser to stay FireFox after shutdown/restart and not have to go through half a dozen steps every time I want to start using my computer.

I would start another thread, but my problem is the exact same problem as the original poster.

Ann McNew, Jul 31, 2021
Thema:

Don't want Edge as my default browser

1. Don't want Edge as my default browser - Similar Threads - Don't Edge default

2. Microsoft Edge becomes the default browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Edge becomes the default browser: Installed Windows 11 February Update today. Now, every time after turning on the computer, the default browser is Microsoft Edge. I put Chrome, but after restarting system, Edge again by default. How to fix it? P.S. The reason may be that before updating, I have deleted the...
  3. Microsoft Edge becomes the default browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge becomes the default browser: Installed Windows 11 February Update today. Now, every time after turning on the computer, the default browser is Microsoft Edge. I put Chrome, but after restarting system, Edge again by default. How to fix it? P.S. The reason may be that before updating, I have deleted the...
  4. How do I remove this? I don't want Edge to be my default browser, I prefer Firefox. And no...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I remove this? I don't want Edge to be my default browser, I prefer Firefox. And no...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SpaceManTudor [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lx0q7w/how_do_i_remove_this_i_dont_want_edge_to_be_my/
  5. Old Edge is in the Default browsers list, but it is not in my pc

in Windows 10 Customization
    Old Edge is in the Default browsers list, but it is not in my pc: Hi, I am Aryesh. Today, when I went to Default browsers, with the new edge, the old edge was also visible. But, I am in the version 2004 so when I set old edge as default, and open a pdf, the new edge opens it. So, how to remove it from the list?...
  6. Microsoft Edge replaced my default Browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Edge replaced my default Browser: The last update PUSHED Edge onto a number of our employee's taskbars. And, that is not the worst part. In some cases, even though other browsers were being used by an individual, when I tried to revert the workstation's default browser under default apps, the original...
  7. I WANT RID OF EDGE BROWSER

in Cortana
    I WANT RID OF EDGE BROWSER: REMOVE EDGE BROWSER https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-rid-of-edge-browser/ffdaff19-bb23-4c1e-9f3d-83889072062f
  8. Changing Edge as my default browser!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing Edge as my default browser!: I am really annoyed: I got a message telling me that Edge would be a faster and more secure search engine; so I opted for it. However I had no idea that it would then stop me using Google Chrome! otherwise I would not have changed from the original. I am very angry to find...
  9. Links don't open in default browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    Links don't open in default browser: I have Firefox set as my default browser, but clicking on links opens Chrome instead of Firefox. Firefox is set as the default in Windows 10 and shows as the default in both Firefox and Chrome....
  10. I want Firefox as default browser

in Browsers and Email
    I want Firefox as default browser: I have tried many things and looked for tutorial but I'm still lost. I keep telling Firefox to be my default browser and it doesn't keep the settings. I keep going back to I.E. I go into Firefox and select use as my default browser and that doesn't work. I'm using...