Windows 10: don't want timeline feature.

Discus and support don't want timeline feature. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; https://www.howtogeek.com/348138/how-to-disable-the-timeline-on-windows-10/I want to get rid of this on my laptop and nothing that is shown in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by paulaE., Aug 11, 2021.

1. paulaE. Win User

don't want timeline feature.

https://www.howtogeek.com/348138/how-to-disable-the-timeline-on-windows-10/I want to get rid of this on my laptop and nothing that is shown in the above link is in my settings.I have attached a shot of what my windows has after clicking on privacy. If i uncheck all these boxes, will i get rid of the timeline?Do i just uncheck EVERYTHING on this page? Sorry it got cut off at the bottom.Thanks

:)

paulaE., Aug 11, 2021

2. Timeline Activity not showing up

The timeline activity just won't show up on the timeline window. I always get "Use your PC more for activities."

I have enabled the settings required for timeline in Privacy > Activity History:

Let Windows collect my activities

Let Windows Sync my activities

Show activities from accounts

I also tried using regedit to add these variables in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System

• EnableActivityFeed
    • PublishUserActivities
    • UploadUserActivities
    All the variables are set to 1, and are DWORD values. (as stated in this article http://www.thewindowsclub.com/timeline-feature-not-working-windows), to no effect.

Any more troubleshooting steps I can go through?

HiranmayaGundu, Aug 11, 2021
  3. AMD A10-6800K 4.1GHz Quad Core Overclocking possibility

Thanks, have heard this before...is their a step by step procedure to OC using the bios settings you suggest.
    i don’t intend pushing this to its limit...but some increase would be great, any suggestions on a good air cooler ?

thanks

reddwarf4ever, Aug 11, 2021
  4. don't want timeline feature.

Windows 10 TimeLine Feature is not working

How do I enable Activities History so I can use the TimeLine Feature?.

I researched this and the advice is:

Go to Settings / Privacy

and Enable Activities History

I am not seeing Activities History anywhere on my Windows 10 Settings Panel

You can see a screen shot of what I am seeing here: https://www.screencast.com/t/PVBGUvZISS

How do I enable Activities History so I can use the TimeLine Feature?

PeterSigurdson, Aug 11, 2021
Thema:

don't want timeline feature.

1. don't want timeline feature. - Similar Threads - don't timeline feature

2. Taskbar Features Timeline

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Features Timeline: So firstly let me say that I love the new Windows 11 aesthetic. It looks fantastic. That being said, why have so many features been removed from taskbar customization and is there a timeline for when they will return? Biggest one so far me is button grouping. Why is there no...
  3. Taskbar Features Timeline

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar Features Timeline: So firstly let me say that I love the new Windows 11 aesthetic. It looks fantastic. That being said, why have so many features been removed from taskbar customization and is there a timeline for when they will return? Biggest one so far me is button grouping. Why is there no...
  4. windows 10 Timeline feature

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 Timeline feature: The Windows Timeline feature seems to be fractured someway on my Laptop. It displays a record only a daily Daily mail icon which i browse but no other activities. I have checked the Privacy settings and everything is as it should be All the updates are loaded and...
  5. What happened to the Timeline in 2004 Feature Update????

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What happened to the Timeline in 2004 Feature Update????: I know this is an issue with many others. What happened to the once-great Timeline that worked great with 1909, but now, since 2004 Feature Update, completely worthless? I did everything that was recommended. I know activity history available on MS Activity Page etc., but,...
  6. Timeline Feature causes explorer.exe to crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Timeline Feature causes explorer.exe to crash: I am currently using Windows 10 1909. I was trying to delete a few activity history into my window 10 timeline Then suddenly the screens go black for a second and comes back on When i check the reliability history it shows explorer.exe has stopped working Seems like...
  7. Windows new timeline feature 99$

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows new timeline feature 99$: A friend had a popup appear when he started his computer , asking if he would like to try a new timeline feature for 99$, he said no, but in research I cant find anything about it online and curious if it was/is a virus/malware. submitted by /u/deslaurierdraws [link]...
  8. Windows Timeline feature

Windows Timeline feature: [ATTACH] not able to see previous apps on the new timeline feature only current apps are being shown. I have synced my Email id too through privacy settings...
  9. Windows 10 TimeLine Feature is not working

Windows 10 TimeLine Feature is not working: How do I enable Activities History so I can use the TimeLine Feature?. I researched this and the advice is: Go to Settings / Privacy and Enable Activities History I am not seeing Activities History anywhere on my Windows 10 Settings Panel You can see a screen...
  10. Microsoft is introducing a new feature called Timeline

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is introducing a new feature called Timeline: Microsoft is introducing a new feature called "Timeline" that will be built into the Fall Creators Update and will allow you to go back to open programs, documents and more. The Windows 10 Fall Creators Update will introduce a number of new features for users, including...