Windows 10: Don't want to keep resetting my windows password

Discus and support Don't want to keep resetting my windows password in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; For years I used a pin or windows password to sign in to windows when I booted up and occasionally made up a new one.. Then weeks ago I keep getting... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Tcbarb, Oct 23, 2018.

1. Tcbarb Win User

Don't want to keep resetting my windows password

For years I used a pin or windows password to sign in to windows when I booted up and occasionally made up a new one.. Then weeks ago I keep getting messages from Microsoft Account Team "Microsoft account unusual sign in activity". When I look I see an unsuccessful sign in weeks ago then very often it makes me reset my password. After I reset my password it still keeps making me reset my password. This all occurs when I am signing in and I am losing valuable time, and with all the passwords I now have had it's wonder I can remember them.

I want to stop all the Microsoft Account (every day) messages and all the forced password resets.

I am actually confused now with all the Microsoft account and whatever passwords and what they are for. I have a list of passwords that I thought were to log in but are for apparently other things I see them referred to in different terms like admin, Microsoft.com, outlook.com, email and I end up using them all at times when I get asked by the computer. I don't really even know enough how to ask about straightening it all out. If I could just stop all the forced resets that might help my log ins. Thank you

:)

Tcbarb, Oct 23, 2018
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Oct 23, 2018
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Oct 23, 2018
  4. Don't want to keep resetting my windows password

reset laptop password

BTW, there's no jumper for a password reset in Windows.

DonInKansas, Oct 23, 2018
Thema:

Don't want to keep resetting my windows password

1. Don't want to keep resetting my windows password - Similar Threads - Don't keep resetting

2. Trying to reset my PC and it wants my password. Is this my Microsoft password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to reset my PC and it wants my password. Is this my Microsoft password?: Trying to reset my PC and it wants a password. Is this my Microsoft password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-to-reset-my-pc-and-it-wants-my-password-is/af189da5-e2bc-4366-ae87-8ca9b1942b1e
  3. Trying to reset my PC and it wants my password. Is this my Microsoft password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to reset my PC and it wants my password. Is this my Microsoft password?: Trying to reset my PC and it wants a password. Is this my Microsoft password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-to-reset-my-pc-and-it-wants-my-password-is/af189da5-e2bc-4366-ae87-8ca9b1942b1e
  4. Trying to reset my PC and it wants my password. Is this my Microsoft password?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. What if DON'T want to change MY password??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What if DON'T want to change MY password??: On occasion, I've been FORCED by Microsoft to change MY password. What if I DON'T want to change MY password?How does this work? Do you wait until you feel that the user has memorized their password--and then you force them to CHANGE it?!?Why can't I have control over MY...
  6. What if DON'T want to change MY password??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What if DON'T want to change MY password??: On occasion, I've been FORCED by Microsoft to change MY password. What if I DON'T want to change MY password?How does this work? Do you wait until you feel that the user has memorized their password--and then you force them to CHANGE it?!?Why can't I have control over MY...
  7. I dont want to keep password for my windows

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I dont want to keep password for my windows: [ATTACH] I resetted my pc 2 times because of this problem i dont want to use password for my pc windows always suggest for password or pin i can't even remove it i dont know why...
  8. Want to Reset My PC, but don't want to lose Dolby Audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Want to Reset My PC, but don't want to lose Dolby Audio: Hi, everyone. I am on a Lenovo Flex 3-1580 running Windows 10 Version 20H2, Build 19042.746. My Windows 10 installation does not perform as well as it used to. It works okay, but sometimes it overwhelms my hardware, and it always takes a long time to start up from a cold...
  9. Want to Reset My PC, but don't want to lose Dolby Audio

in Windows 10 Support
    Want to Reset My PC, but don't want to lose Dolby Audio: Hi, everyone. I am on a Lenovo Flex 3-1580 running Windows 10 Version 20H2, Build 19042.746. My Windows 10 installation does not perform as well as it used to. It works okay, but sometimes it overwhelms my hardware, and it always takes a long time to start up from a cold...
  10. Want to Reset My PC, but don't want to lose Dolby Audio

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Want to Reset My PC, but don't want to lose Dolby Audio: Hi, everyone. My Windows 10 installation does not perform as well as it used to. It works okay, but sometimes it overwhelms my hardware, and it always takes a long time to start up from a cold boot. I've done all the standard things Disk Cleanup, Defragmentation, uninstalling...