Windows 10: Don't want transparent icons on my Windows 10 Desktop

Discus and support Don't want transparent icons on my Windows 10 Desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After a recent Windows security update, the icons on my desktop all became transparent.I didn't like that "feature" when I used Macs, and I sure don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by John Livingston 795, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Don't want transparent icons on my Windows 10 Desktop

After a recent Windows security update, the icons on my desktop all became transparent.I didn't like that "feature" when I used Macs, and I sure don't like it now that I've moved over to Windows. I use a darker solid-color desktop, and this makes the icons harder to read? Is there any way to "lose" these transparent icons?

Thanks

:)

John Livingston 795, Jun 29, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 desktop icons not in order

In ccleaner, did you uncheck cleaning the icon cache... have not used in a while; however, I think that is what the option is called.

Now, if you are setting the icons and they move after you have set the settings and not changed them... you may have the "Random Windows 10 Icon movement problem".
    Some people have this and some don't.

Here is a thread on the problem at Windows10 forums: Windows 10: Folder View Settings and Desktop Icon Positions Not Saving

95Viper, Jun 29, 2020
  3. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Jun 29, 2020
  4. Don't want transparent icons on my Windows 10 Desktop

Windows vista x64 computer icon always changing

what icons are you referring to?
    In the Windows Explorer list or desktop?

twicksisted, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

Don't want transparent icons on my Windows 10 Desktop

1. Don't want transparent icons on my Windows 10 Desktop - Similar Threads - Don't transparent icons

2. Icons don't appear on the desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons don't appear on the desktop: Dear experts,I've just installed win 11.I went through the File Explorer to the Desktop and I see there the file a.docxHowever when I go to the desktop Windows + D I don't see this file. I only see some shorcuts....
  3. Icons don't appear on the desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons don't appear on the desktop: Dear experts,I've just installed win 11.I went through the File Explorer to the Desktop and I see there the file a.docxHowever when I go to the desktop Windows + D I don't see this file. I only see some shorcuts....
  4. Windows 10 Desktop icons transparent, explorer icons transparent, taskbar icons wrong,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Desktop icons transparent, explorer icons transparent, taskbar icons wrong,...: I had done one windows update two days ago, but otherwise no updates or installs., I just booted up my machine and all the desktop icons were gonecompletely invisible, no missing image-image. All images within the file explorer are transparent. Most icons on the taskbar of...
  5. Windows 10 Desktop icons transparent, explorer icons transparent, taskbar icons wrong,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Desktop icons transparent, explorer icons transparent, taskbar icons wrong,...: I had done one windows update two days ago, but otherwise no updates or installs., I just booted up my machine and all the desktop icons were gonecompletely invisible, no missing image-image. All images within the file explorer are transparent. Most icons on the taskbar of...
  6. Windows 10 Desktop icons transparent, explorer icons transparent, taskbar icons wrong,...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Apps icons don't appear on my desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Apps icons don't appear on my desktop: Hello, Can someone please help me resolve a problem with my computer? The problem is that the icons of apps do not appear on my desktop. In other words, I cannot access my desktop. Also, when I open a browser from the Start menu, it doesn't come out well. For example, I...
  8. onedrive. don't want it but i want my desktop back...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    onedrive. don't want it but i want my desktop back...: Got a new pc and one drive immediately started throwing my files there and filled itself up and started asking me if I wanted to buy more. NO! Thought I stopped this thing from syncing and deleted the app. By my digital audio workstation seems to have defaulted to storing...
  9. Transparent desktop icon label background

in Windows 10 Support
    Transparent desktop icon label background: When looking for a solution, all I have found is talk about drop shadows. I thought that was my issue until I looked up the definition for drop shadows, and that is not what I am referring to, I believe. I'm sure you all are familiar with this, but I will attach some...
  10. Users Want Modern Transparency in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Users Want Modern Transparency in Windows 10: Users expect Windows 10 to be a really advanced product in terms of pretty much everything, starting with features and ending with design, so it shouldn't come as a big surprise that many call for the company to implement visual effects that would make the operating system a...