Windows 10: Don't want window's 10

Discus and support Don't want window's 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Can anyone tell me how to uninstall windows 10 please? 21444 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by pennie55, Sep 5, 2015.

1. pennie55 Win User

Don't want window's 10

Can anyone tell me how to uninstall windows 10 please?

:)

pennie55, Sep 5, 2015

2. Don't want Windows 10.

THTX

You can get rid of the optional update but starting in early 2016 MS will change it to a recommended update. IMHO it is coming and "they" will get increasingly" insistent on the update.

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Sep 5, 2015
  3. Andre Da Costa, Sep 5, 2015
  4. RAE
    Rae Win User

Don't want window's 10

From your Start menu, select Settings --> Update & Security --> Recovery. If it has been less than 1 month since you upgraded to 10, you can roll back to the installation you had before.

5. Cluster Head, Sep 5, 2015
  6. Ringel05 Win User
    The upgrade will still be in updates and will try to reload and reinstall every time updates happen. It takes chatting with Microsoft Support, letting them remotely control your computer to make changes to the Registry so the Win 10 download and install is permanently hidden.
    That is unless you know what changes to make and don't need help from Microsoft.

Ringel05, Sep 5, 2015
  7. RAE
    Rae Win User
    Yow, seriously?

8. Don't want window's 10

Cluster Head, Sep 5, 2015
  9. Ringel05 Win User
    Didn't know about that. Thanks. Don't need it now, well maybe not, still have 3 computers that I might have to do that to if M$ decides to put the upgrade in another update that I haven't blocked.
    I did let it install on 2 computers and so far it's working fine, a third one messed up completely and I had to reinstall 7, think I'll leave 7 on it.

Ringel05, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Don't want window's 10

1. Don't want window's 10 - Similar Threads - Don't window's

2. Windows keyboard shortcuts don't work unless a windows system dialogue is open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows keyboard shortcuts don't work unless a windows system dialogue is open: My windows keyboard shortcuts stopped working. But if I open any windows settings dialogue, they work fine. Game mode is off. It just started happening....
  3. Windows keyboard shortcuts don't work unless a windows system dialogue is open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows keyboard shortcuts don't work unless a windows system dialogue is open: My windows keyboard shortcuts stopped working. But if I open any windows settings dialogue, they work fine. Game mode is off. It just started happening....
  4. PC is stuck on "Getting Windows ready, don't turn of your computer" after going to sleep...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC is stuck on "Getting Windows ready, don't turn of your computer" after going to sleep...: I just bought this secondhand PC and I factory reset it delete files but don't clean drive, download windows from this device, delete windows driver only and left it while it was on the "Getting Windows ready, don't turn off your computer" phase. When I came back it turns out...
  5. PC is stuck on "Getting Windows ready, don't turn of your computer" after going to sleep...

PC is stuck on "Getting Windows ready, don't turn of your computer" after going to sleep...: I just bought this secondhand PC and I factory reset it delete files but don't clean drive, download windows from this device, delete windows driver only and left it while it was on the "Getting Windows ready, don't turn off your computer" phase. When I came back it turns out...
  6. PC is stuck on "Getting Windows ready, don't turn of your computer" after going to sleep...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. I keep on getting error messages on my new desktop with Windows 11. Don't get that with...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I keep on getting error messages on my new desktop with Windows 11. Don't get that with...: There are times that my screen saver works, then there are other times that It gives an error message stating that something went wrong. I have used large amounts of pictures in other versions of Windows, and never an issue with the screen saver stopping, not even with...
  8. I keep on getting error messages on my new desktop with Windows 11. Don't get that with...

I keep on getting error messages on my new desktop with Windows 11. Don't get that with...: There are times that my screen saver works, then there are other times that It gives an error message stating that something went wrong. I have used large amounts of pictures in other versions of Windows, and never an issue with the screen saver stopping, not even with...
  9. I don't want Windows 10 to download Windows 11, it's downloaded even after I told Windows I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I don't want Windows 10 to download Windows 11, it's downloaded even after I told Windows I...: All previously listed options bring up the error "Access is Denied". I don't know who needs to hear this: every time Microsoft tells me to upgrade to Windows 11, I hate Microsoft more. And at this point, I loathe Windows. Entirely. And never want Windows 11 on my personal...
  10. I don't want Windows 10 to download Windows 11, it's downloaded even after I told Windows I...

I don't want Windows 10 to download Windows 11, it's downloaded even after I told Windows I...: All previously listed options bring up the error "Access is Denied". I don't know who needs to hear this: every time Microsoft tells me to upgrade to Windows 11, I hate Microsoft more. And at this point, I loathe Windows. Entirely. And never want Windows 11 on my personal...