Windows 10: Doom 3 crash

Discus and support Doom 3 crash in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi I recently started playing Doom 3 again,and decided to get a Hi Definition textures pack:- https://www.moddb.com/mods/doom-3-hi-def But when i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Sudsy malone, Nov 3, 2019.

1. Doom 3 crash

Hi

I recently started playing Doom 3 again,and decided to get a Hi Definition textures pack:-

https://www.moddb.com/mods/doom-3-hi-def

But when i play for about 5-10 minutes the screen goes black and seconds after a same sound fx starts repeating very quickly.After that i have to reboot my PC.

I have seen quite a few reports on the web about Doom 3 been okay on Windows 10,but not for me!.

Does anyone know how i can fix my problem.

Thanks in Advance.

Colin

PS i removed the mod files for Hi Definition textures pack from the Doom 3/base directory,but i'm still getting the same black screen freeze/crash.

I thought it might have been the Mod making the game crash,but now i don't know.

I have Resurrection of evil installed,so i think my doom 3 is version 1.2?.

Windows 10 Home 64 Bit
    Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming: ATX, LG1151, USB 3.1, SATA 6GBs
    Intel Core i7 Six Core Processor i7-8700k (3.7GHz) 12MB Cache
    Super Quiet Titan DragonFly Heatpipe Intel CPU Cooler
    1TB SEAGATE FIRECUDA 3.5" SSHD
    6TB WD BLACK 3.5" WD6001FZWX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 128MB CACHE (7200rpm)
    CORSAIR 650W TXm SERIES SEMI-MODULAR 80 PLUS GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
    8GB AMD RADEON™ RX 580 - HDMI, 3 x DP - DX 12
    8GB AMD RADEON™ RX 580 - HDMI, 3 x DP - DX 12
    Creative Sound Blaster Zx 5.1 PCI-E Soundcard
    32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3000MHz (2 x 16GB)
    24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
    AOC G2770PF LCD 27 inch Monitor

Below is my latest Dxdiag & MSinfo files

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=6FA685A0AA185CB8&id=6FA685A0AA185CB8%212369&parId=root&o=OneUp

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=6FA685A0AA185CB8&id=6FA685A0AA185CB8%212371&parId=root&o=OneUp

:)

Sudsy malone, Nov 3, 2019
  2. RaazDost Win User

Doom

• You really love Doom and still play it to this day. You have upgraded your system to Windows 10 and want to continue to play Doom. Doom gives an error when you try to run it. Explain the steps you can take to get Doom to play on your Windows 10 system.

RaazDost, Nov 3, 2019
  3. Doom 3 not working on Windows 10

Hi,

It's possible that your PC did not meet the system requirements of Doom 3 or there is a compatibility issue. To help us determine why Doom 3 does not work on your PC, please answer the following questions:

• What happens when you try to launch the game?
    • Are you getting an error message?
    • Can you please provide us a screenshot?
    • What build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    We hope to hear from you soon.

Jennifer Cha, Nov 3, 2019
  4. Doom 3 crash

Doom 3 version 1 no longer installs

I've seen a weird DOS Window like behavior when attempting to run Doom 3 on
    NEWER video cards and Doom 3 v1.x fails to run. What video card do you have on the Surface Pad 4 (or what
    graphics drivers are installed on there). Doom 3 v1.x seems to run okay on nVidia Geforce 6 series & lower (and the ATI/AMD equivalents; I haven't ran or tested Doom3 on onboard Intel graphics chipsets). On an
    nVidia Geforce 7300 GT AGP card (which I had on an old custom built PC), Doom 3 crashed with that "incompatible video command" message.

erpmanila3w, Nov 3, 2019
Thema:

Doom 3 crash

1. Doom 3 crash - Similar Threads - Doom crash

2. Windows 10 Crashing in Modern Standby

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Crashing in Modern Standby: As the title says, I've found from a SleepStudy report produced using Windows Powercfg that my computer is often crashing when it goes into Modern Standby -- generally for periods of longer than an hour. This has happened 3 times in the past 4 days. I think it has something...
  3. anybody play game prey and the updated doom

in Windows 10 Gaming
    anybody play game prey and the updated doom: anybody play game prey and the updated doom. Prey game really unique but hard having after passing lobby having trouble not being killed. 142637
  4. downloaded doom on instant gaming received invoice now unable to load game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    downloaded doom on instant gaming received invoice now unable to load game: unable get doom after downloading and paying https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloaded-doom-on-instant-gaming-received-invoice/aa665fc9-b231-4eee-ad13-42966dca6a2c
  5. Black screen of DOOM - Store Hang HELP!

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Black screen of DOOM - Store Hang HELP!: Soo... today I updated windows to Build 1809 and as usual after the update is completed, I was about to sign in for the first time. I signed in and I was supposed to be greeted by some personalize setting stuff.. but instead BEHOLD the black screen of doom. My screen flashed...
  6. Downloading Doom 3, keep getting error 1603.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloading Doom 3, keep getting error 1603.: I keep getting error 1603 when I try to download Doom 3. I am using a new pc with windows 10. What can I do to correct this. 26730
  7. How to get DOOM (2016) to run on a Core i7 Surface Book with Nvidia GP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get DOOM (2016) to run on a Core i7 Surface Book with Nvidia GP: How to get DOOM (2016) to run on a Core i7 Surface Book with Nvidia GPU DOOM (2016) is turning out to be one of the biggest hits of the year earning a respectable 87 rating on Metacritic. It's one of my favorite games to play on the Xbox One right now, but sometimes I...
  8. BSOD DCP_Watchdog_violation playing Doom/Star Citizen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD DCP_Watchdog_violation playing Doom/Star Citizen: I have had this issue before and tried reinstalling my OS and formatting my storage drive, the only drive i didnt touch was my gaming SSD which only has steam, a few games, and some college homework on it. I created DM log collector thingy its attacatched to this post....
  9. Running a R9 270 and want to upgrade to play Doom and demanding titles

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Running a R9 270 and want to upgrade to play Doom and demanding titles: Hi everyone. I run an R9 270 while attempting to play Doom and even at low I still get 30 frames. After 3 years of the same graphics I think it's time to upgrade for the future. I'm trying to figure out what to upgrade to as the r9 is from AMD, would Nvidia be tough to...
  10. Black Screen of Doom but Booted to login screen (no cursor just blank)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black Screen of Doom but Booted to login screen (no cursor just blank): Hey everyone. I did a bit of research and this seems to have been an issue for a while, or has been in the past. Was upgrading to windows 10, I first had to restart my pc cause it was initially stuck on that preparing to install problem with the green bar being stuck...