Windows 10: Doom 3 crash

Discus and support Doom 3 crash in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi I recently started playing Doom 3 again,and decided to get a Hi Definition textures pack:- https://www.moddb.com/mods/doom-3-hi-def But when i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Sudsy malone, Nov 3, 2019.

1. Doom 3 crash

Hi

I recently started playing Doom 3 again,and decided to get a Hi Definition textures pack:-

https://www.moddb.com/mods/doom-3-hi-def

But when i play for about 5-10 minutes the screen goes black and seconds after a same sound fx starts repeating very quickly.After that i have to reboot my PC.

I have seen quite a few reports on the web about Doom 3 been okay on Windows 10,but not for me!.

Does anyone know how i can fix my problem.

Thanks in Advance.

Colin

PS i removed the mod files for Hi Definition textures pack from the Doom 3/base directory,but i'm still getting the same black screen freeze/crash.

I thought it might have been the Mod making the game crash,but now i don't know.

I have Resurrection of evil installed,so i think my doom 3 is version 1.2?.

Windows 10 Home 64 Bit
    Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming: ATX, LG1151, USB 3.1, SATA 6GBs
    Intel Core i7 Six Core Processor i7-8700k (3.7GHz) 12MB Cache
    Super Quiet Titan DragonFly Heatpipe Intel CPU Cooler
    1TB SEAGATE FIRECUDA 3.5" SSHD
    6TB WD BLACK 3.5" WD6001FZWX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 128MB CACHE (7200rpm)
    CORSAIR 650W TXm SERIES SEMI-MODULAR 80 PLUS GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
    8GB AMD RADEON™ RX 580 - HDMI, 3 x DP - DX 12
    8GB AMD RADEON™ RX 580 - HDMI, 3 x DP - DX 12
    Creative Sound Blaster Zx 5.1 PCI-E Soundcard
    32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3000MHz (2 x 16GB)
    24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
    AOC G2770PF LCD 27 inch Monitor

Below is my latest Dxdiag & MSinfo files

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=6FA685A0AA185CB8&id=6FA685A0AA185CB8%212369&parId=root&o=OneUp

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=6FA685A0AA185CB8&id=6FA685A0AA185CB8%212371&parId=root&o=OneUp

:)

Sudsy malone, Nov 3, 2019
  2. RaazDost Win User

Doom

• You really love Doom and still play it to this day. You have upgraded your system to Windows 10 and want to continue to play Doom. Doom gives an error when you try to run it. Explain the steps you can take to get Doom to play on your Windows 10 system.

RaazDost, Nov 3, 2019
  3. Doom 3 not working on Windows 10

Hi,

It's possible that your PC did not meet the system requirements of Doom 3 or there is a compatibility issue. To help us determine why Doom 3 does not work on your PC, please answer the following questions:

• What happens when you try to launch the game?
    • Are you getting an error message?
    • Can you please provide us a screenshot?
    • What build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    We hope to hear from you soon.

Jennifer Cha, Nov 3, 2019
  4. Doom 3 crash

Doom 3 version 1 no longer installs

I've seen a weird DOS Window like behavior when attempting to run Doom 3 on
    NEWER video cards and Doom 3 v1.x fails to run. What video card do you have on the Surface Pad 4 (or what
    graphics drivers are installed on there). Doom 3 v1.x seems to run okay on nVidia Geforce 6 series & lower (and the ATI/AMD equivalents; I haven't ran or tested Doom3 on onboard Intel graphics chipsets). On an
    nVidia Geforce 7300 GT AGP card (which I had on an old custom built PC), Doom 3 crashed with that "incompatible video command" message.

erpmanila3w, Nov 3, 2019
Thema:

Doom 3 crash

1. Doom 3 crash - Similar Threads - Doom crash

2. BSOD when playing doom eternal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when playing doom eternal: I only get a Blue screen in this game as of now. The only error message i get is "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"My laptops specs are:RTX 4060 Laptop Gpu12th Gen Intel Core 17-12650Hand I am using a gigabyte G5 KF5.The error log is...
  3. BSOD when playing doom eternal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD when playing doom eternal: I only get a Blue screen in this game as of now. The only error message i get is "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"My laptops specs are:RTX 4060 Laptop Gpu12th Gen Intel Core 17-12650Hand I am using a gigabyte G5 KF5.The error log is...
  4. Will Windows 11 will be the last windows software is Microsoft Doomed is it the end or not

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will Windows 11 will be the last windows software is Microsoft Doomed is it the end or not: it is bassicly about win 12 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-windows-11-will-be-the-last-windows-software/1d414cdf-32cd-43bb-8909-0dc1c12664ce
  5. Will Windows 11 will be the last windows software is Microsoft Doomed is it the end or not

Will Windows 11 will be the last windows software is Microsoft Doomed is it the end or not: it is bassicly about win 12 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-windows-11-will-be-the-last-windows-software/1d414cdf-32cd-43bb-8909-0dc1c12664ce
  6. Does DooM collector's bundle which you can play on Windows 98, Windows Me, and Windows 95...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does DooM collector's bundle which you can play on Windows 98, Windows Me, and Windows 95...: I'm thinking about buying an external CD/DVD drive for my laptop but I'm not sure if the DooM collectors bundle will work on my Windows 11 laptop....
  7. Does DooM collector's bundle which you can play on Windows 98, Windows Me, and Windows 95...

Does DooM collector's bundle which you can play on Windows 98, Windows Me, and Windows 95...: I'm thinking about buying an external CD/DVD drive for my laptop but I'm not sure if the DooM collectors bundle will work on my Windows 11 laptop....
  8. Help me get out of endless Automatic Repair doom loop!! Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help me get out of endless Automatic Repair doom loop!! Windows 11.: After a recent Windows update a few days ago my laptop stopped functioning. It's stuck in Windows 11 Automatic Repair mode doom loop black screen. I can't boot it into safe Mode.. I can't access any settings. No matter what key combination I try pressing - nothing is...
  9. DOOM Eternal crashing on Startup after Loading

in Windows 10 News
    DOOM Eternal crashing on Startup after Loading: [ATTACH]More than half the games are facing crashing issues, and DOOM Eternal is not left behind. The game is crashing and the gamers want to know how they can resolve the issue. If DOOM Eternal crashing on Startup is what you want to fix then this article. We are going to...
  10. Download Nvidia's new hotfix driver to stop Doom Eternal from crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Download Nvidia's new hotfix driver to stop Doom Eternal from crashing: Download Nvidia's new hotfix driver to stop Doom Eternal from crashing Nvidia's latest hotfix release resolves a handful of issues gamers are having on their GeForce hardware. Nvidia reckons it has figured out why Doom Eternal is annoyingly crashing on some PCs that are...