Windows 10: DOS files in Win10

Discus and support DOS files in Win10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently found a post by John Shadow regarding selective backing up via a dos file he had written. I would like to apply this to my win10 but as a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Maaate, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Maaate Win User

DOS files in Win10

I recently found a post by John Shadow regarding selective backing up via a dos file he had written. I would like to apply this to my win10 but as a newbie, I do not know how to implement it. I have written it out as suggested in notepad but do not know how to get it to operate, any advice?

Thanks

George

:)

Maaate, Feb 8, 2019
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Feb 8, 2019
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Feb 8, 2019
  4. Bruce SX Win User

DOS files in Win10

Is there a trojan csrss.exe? If so how do I eliminate it.

Step one complete.
    The note book has Win10 Home installed
    The original OS(Ijust discovered) wasn't Win7 as I was informed. ShowKeyPlus tells me the OS was Win8.1
    I wrote down the keys listed.
    Step two is to clean and reformat one of my flash drives. I will use my pc for that.

Step three will to download the Win10 ISO file. If I'm correct, does version mean the same thing as build?
    ShowKeyPlus lists version 1.0.6125 at the bottom of the window.

*Cool

Bruce SX, Feb 8, 2019
Thema:

DOS files in Win10

1. DOS files in Win10 - Similar Threads - DOS files Win10

2. DOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DOS: Can I run DOS pgm? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dos/dc4fa29e-eac9-4aa1-b70c-2dadb0c17f09
  3. DOS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DOS: Can I run DOS pgm? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dos/dc4fa29e-eac9-4aa1-b70c-2dadb0c17f09
  4. Free DoS

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Free DoS: My laptop broke down and I need a computer for my university classes ... I started to buy a computer for 300 euros that almost or cannot handle engineering programs. It came with FreeDOS and the responsible companies ask for € 123 (to install windows 10) I already saw some...
  5. Need assistance running DOS program on Win10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need assistance running DOS program on Win10: Good morning, I have an old DOS test scoring program that I need to run on my Win10 (64bit) computer. Obviously, it doesn't work. I will also need it to print the test results. Is there an easy way to run DOS on Win10? Obviously, when I try and run it, I am unable to. I...
  6. dos

in Windows 10 Customization
    dos: I want to delete directory 'Contacts' on Decktop Windows 10 Normal Windows delete does not work. 1 Re-start in Safe Mode 2 Command mode - DOS 3 cd desktop 4 attrib -R Contacts 5 rmdir /S Contacts 6 dir and 'Contacts has gone. 7 Re-start and Contacts is back...
  7. DOS Command issued from Batch file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DOS Command issued from Batch file: I have been running a batch file to list my personal file, and output the listing to a text file in a folder dv7. I then use the text file to compare to files on another computer or external drive, as backup. For some reason it no longer works. The command in the BAT file...
  8. Dos emulator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dos emulator: I have an old DOS based app that I can't replace. Is there a dos emulator available in Window 10 pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dos-emulator/9626e09b-ae47-4f42-96c8-54d1747442dc
  9. MS-Dos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MS-Dos: How do you download MS-Dos.iso? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-dos/8fdefe74-ac15-4358-83b3-f8135c5fa4e2
  10. DOS CMDs - For and Forfiles to rename files

in Windows 10 Support
    DOS CMDs - For and Forfiles to rename files: I have just bought a Surface 4 Pro with k'brd. I find that one old program will no longer run correctly, so need to make a Batch file to replace it. Windows 10 screen capture produces files all with the same name, appending a serial number. Capture.exe produces a .bmp...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. FIND MS-DOS IN WIN10