Windows 10: Dot-Net error message

Discus and support Dot-Net error message in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I get this message when trying to run one of my favorite apps called Mind Workstation. It used to run fine on my Win 10 machine. But I have just built... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JoelNisson, Nov 19, 2018.

1. Dot-Net error message

I get this message when trying to run one of my favorite apps called Mind Workstation. It used to run fine on my Win 10 machine. But I have just built a new computer, installed Win 10 and now get the following error message when trying to launch the app. Any ideas?

Please set registry key HKLM\Software\Microsoft\.NETFramework\installRoot to point to the .NET Framework install location

:)

JoelNisson, Nov 19, 2018

2. Windows Update Error Message 0x80070543

Ya Ya Ya, there's over a hundred threads like this, ...

Anyway, started getting this error message a few days ago, and done a lot of searching on this error message, apparently it's not, uncommon.

In particular, the (currently) 4 updates that are being affected are:
    • Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3173428) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3172729) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3174060) - Error 0x80070543
    • Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3176493) - Error 0x80070543

The actions I've taken to date are:
    1. Uninstalled firewall program (comodo)
    2. Uninstalled anti-virus (Avast)
    3. Reset the windows update catalog on local machine.

So the above errors are with the above done.

What other steps should I be taking to resolve the issue?

Below is notations for when I actually add to this thread.

1. Attempted to use the troubleshooter, no dice.

cDreamDancer, Nov 19, 2018
  3. Mussels Win User
    the witcher demo

^ what they said will both work. i suggest updating directX, and in the future please try and list the exact error message... and i want a muffin.

Mussels, Nov 19, 2018
  4. Dot-Net error message

Microsoft .NET Framework, Unhandled exception

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to un-check and recheck .Net framework 3.5 and .Net framework 4.6 advance series from Windows features.

Try the following steps:

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run command.
    • Type Appwiz.cpl and select "turn Windows feature on or off" from the left
    • Uncheck .Net framework 3.5 and .Net framework 4.6 advance series.
    • Restart the computer
    • Repeat step 1 and 2 and check .Net framework 3.5 and .Net framework 4.6 advance series.
    • Restart the computer.
    Regards,

Waseemulla S, Nov 19, 2018
Thema:

Dot-Net error message

1. Dot-Net error message - Similar Threads - Dot Net error

2. error message while installing .NET Frameworks 3.5

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    error message while installing .NET Frameworks 3.5: I am running Windows 10 Enterprise 22H2. Every time I login to this machine I get a message that I need to install .NET Frameworks 3.5. After going ahead with the install process, I get an error message stating "The changes couldn't be completed. Please reboot your computer...
  3. error message while installing .NET Frameworks 3.5

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    error message while installing .NET Frameworks 3.5: I am running Windows 10 Enterprise 22H2. Every time I login to this machine I get a message that I need to install .NET Frameworks 3.5. After going ahead with the install process, I get an error message stating "The changes couldn't be completed. Please reboot your computer...
  4. Need to Know About Dot Net Development

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to Know About Dot Net Development: DOT NET is a software development framework for building applications. Dot NET Core is a cross-platform open-source framework for building applications. It is a new interpretation of the .NET Framework that can be launched across different operating systems and enables the...
  5. Need to Know About Dot Net Development

Need to Know About Dot Net Development: DOT NET is a software development framework for building applications. Dot NET Core is a cross-platform open-source framework for building applications. It is a new interpretation of the .NET Framework that can be launched across different operating systems and enables the...
  6. Error with Dot net FrameWork

in Windows 10 Customization
    Error with Dot net FrameWork: Hi Recently I have tried to install a designing software named Texcell Nedgraphics 2010 on windows 10 x64 bit os, I have followed the proper guidelines but after launching the software I am receiving an error and the software is closing after that can anyone help me out...
  7. Application error messages and .NET framework errors

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Application error messages and .NET framework errors: Hello! I have been having this problem for quite a while and I can't seem to find a solution anywhere else so I have decided to ask for help here. As seen in the first link, I always get a ton of these error messages when I first start up my computer. This happened recently...
  8. Dot Net Framework for windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dot Net Framework for windows 10: Hello, How can we find if Dot Net Framework latest version is installed in Windows 10. Regards, Rakesh https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dot-net-framework-for-windows-10/74a3cb6f-74d2-4ccc-9fbf-04e7e4fb3e5e
  9. Microsoft .NET Framework unhandled error message

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft .NET Framework unhandled error message: Hi, I've gotten the unhandled exception error for some weeks now and everything I've tried hasn't worked at all. Can anyone help? This is the text I get when I press "details" (It's in Norwegian, at least in some places): Se slutten av denne meldingen for detaljert...
  10. Net Framework error code message

Net Framework error code message: "Quick Restore Maker" among other programs has windows saying that I require a Net Framework uprade but after downloading win10 then fails to successfully install Net Framework. Have reinstalled 10 several times and I always strike the same problem. Also "Advanced...