Windows 10: dots on screen when turning on

Discus and support dots on screen when turning on in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have a EVOO 11.6" Laptop. When I turn on the computer I sometimes get a screen with rows of dots covering the screen. I have to turn it off and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by KGamXE, Nov 10, 2020.

1. KGamXE Win User

dots on screen when turning on

I have a EVOO 11.6" Laptop. When I turn on the computer I sometimes get a screen with rows of dots covering the screen. I have to turn it off and then on again and it opens normally. Anyone know what causes this and how to fix it?

:)

KGamXE, Nov 10, 2020

2. turn off suggestions

Hi,

Try the below steps and check if it helps:

• Go to Settings from Three horizontal dots at top.
    • Click on Advanced Settings.
    • Select View Advanced Settings.
    • Click on Privacy and services.
    • Now Turn the ‘Show search suggestions as I type’.
    Let us know the status.

Vinod Archak, Nov 10, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Nov 10, 2020
  4. dots on screen when turning on

Mail app- dot appears in text box.

Hi, P. Sanders.

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I would request you to send a screen shot of the "Dot" that appears on your mail app.

As of now, I would suggest that you perform the steps mentioned below and check if the issue persist.

Step 1: Run App Troubleshooter.

• On the search bar type “Troubleshooter”
    • Click on troubleshooter, on the left view pane, locate “View All”.
    • Then locate and click on “Windows Store Apps”.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Vanessa Sohtun, Nov 10, 2020
Thema:

dots on screen when turning on

1. dots on screen when turning on - Similar Threads - dots screen turning

2. Computer when turning on it gets stuck on black screen with Windows logo and circling dots

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer when turning on it gets stuck on black screen with Windows logo and circling dots: HelloSince yesterday when trying to turn on my computer, it starts until the Screen with the Windows logo and the circling dots appear. There it gets stuck.I also tried the automatic repair, after I shut it down a couple of times, but it gets stuck at the same screen again....
  3. Computer when turning on it gets stuck on black screen with Windows logo and circling dots

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer when turning on it gets stuck on black screen with Windows logo and circling dots: HelloSince yesterday when trying to turn on my computer, it starts until the Screen with the Windows logo and the circling dots appear. There it gets stuck.I also tried the automatic repair, after I shut it down a couple of times, but it gets stuck at the same screen again....
  4. Computer when turning on it gets stuck on black screen with Windows logo and circling dots

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. White dot on Screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    White dot on Screen: I do not know when it started but it was just today i noticed. There is this white dot on my screen that doesn't leave even when i reboot my laptop. It stays in one position and doesn't flash on and off again. It doesn't really bother me per se but I would like to know if...
  6. My computer freezes on the spinning dots when turning it on.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer freezes on the spinning dots when turning it on.: I tried getting rid of the activate windows watermark. I followed all the steps in this video Now, when I turn the pc on, the pc freezes on the black screen with the windows logo and spinning dots. I’ve already tried to boot it into safemode. But I don’t know what to do...
  7. weird dot on screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    weird dot on screen: there's a weird black dot on my screen, here's a picture of it [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-dot-on-screen/d0fa123e-b7ca-41cd-960d-dd998965d817
  8. White dot on Screen

White dot on Screen: To, Microsoft Community Hi, this is Gavin. Using Microsoft Windows 10 OS Version 20H2 OS Build 19042.662. I am getting White Dot on My Screen. What can be the rason for White Dot on Screen. Is it Software or Hardware Issue. Please check & help me to resolve the...
  9. cursor turns into a triangle with dot below it.

cursor turns into a triangle with dot below it.: It is terrible. How do I get rid of new feature: cursor turns into a triangle with dot below it when I try to scroll up or down. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cursor-turns-into-a-triangle-with-dot-below-it/78e6c4f5-f104-4ba5-b553-5ff1cf84fb22
  10. Screen with green dots

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen with green dots: Hi, I have a sony vaio e series laptop with windows 10 installed. Screen was showing green dots but it was working fine and then i got blue screen few times as soon as logged in. So i tried to boot in safe mode. In safe mode, also i have green dots on screen and...