Windows 10: Double accents ~ ´ and ^ only

Discus and support Double accents ~ ´ and ^ only in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,I regularly use the French France and Portuguese Portugal layout so that I have fast access to the keyboard layout and accents for those... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Robert Poccia, Sep 26, 2022.

1. Double accents ~ ´ and ^ only

Hello,I regularly use the French France and Portuguese Portugal layout so that I have fast access to the keyboard layout and accents for those languages. I have no other languages installed on my version of Windows 10. The issue I'm having started about a month ago. Strangely, on the French keyboard I can type éçàù without issue, but I cannot use the circonflexe at all. I press the accent key and I receive two accents. Normally, I should be able to press the accent key to the right of the letter 'p' once and then the desired letter for instance, u and receive û, Instead, I receive ^

:)

Robert Poccia, Sep 26, 2022
  2. fusk Win User

Acute accent key creates double ´´

So i'm having this super annoying issue where my acute accent key creates double ´´ But only in office 365 and mozilla products.
    What's the normal behaviour of the acute accent key? Normally you press it once and nothing appears on screen as it's awaiting the second input, so you press acute accent and then e to get é etc.

I've found older threads on win7 forum and other places with no solution.
    asus tp301ua, with windows 10 x64.

3. dalchina Win User

- do you mean AltGr ?

What's your keyboard set to?

Double accents ~ ´ and ^ only [​IMG]

The Best Way to Type French Accents on Windows (and Linux)

dalchina, Sep 26, 2022
  4. dalchina Win User

Double accents ~ ´ and ^ only

Hi, not a fix, I'm afraid- instead, a pretty much universal rational alternative- freeware

AX - Instant, simple accents and special characters

Choose the language - character set (or add your own); hit a character then your chosen special key and

ç é è û ó all in 11 key strokes I think it was.

Double accents ~ ´ and ^ only [​IMG]

dalchina, Sep 26, 2022
Thema:

Double accents ~ ´ and ^ only

1. Double accents ~ ´ and ^ only - Similar Threads - Double accents

2. Latin América keyboard special characters double repeating accents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Latin América keyboard special characters double repeating accents: I've had the computer working fine for over two years and now, just a couple if days ago, every time I try to use an accented character by typing the accent special character and then the vowel, it types two accents and the letter with no accent. Actually just hitting the...
  3. Latin América keyboard special characters double repeating accents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Latin América keyboard special characters double repeating accents: I've had the computer working fine for over two years and now, just a couple if days ago, every time I try to use an accented character by typing the accent special character and then the vowel, it types two accents and the letter with no accent. Actually just hitting the...
  4. Double accents ~ ´ and ^ only - Portuguese Keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Double accents ~ ´ and ^ only - Portuguese Keyboard: Hi everyone, I have the exact same issue as described here, where when I switch to the Portuguese keyboard, I should be able to press the accent key once and then the desired letter for instance, u and receive û or some other, Instead, I receive ^^u. I can type ç without...
  5. Double accents ~ ´ and ^ only - Portuguese Keyboard

Double accents ~ ´ and ^ only - Portuguese Keyboard: Hi everyone, I have the exact same issue as described here, where when I switch to the Portuguese keyboard, I should be able to press the accent key once and then the desired letter for instance, u and receive û or some other, Instead, I receive ^^u. I can type ç without...
  6. Laptop typing double accents for each stroke

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop typing double accents for each stroke: I use the kind of layout where you press the accent key then the letter you want to accent. For some time, every time I press the accent key my laptop writes two accents. This doesn't just create a second, annoying accent I don't need, it totally prevents me from assigning a...
  7. Laptop typing double accents for each stroke

Laptop typing double accents for each stroke: I use the kind of layout where you press the accent key then the letter you want to accent. For some time, every time I press the accent key my laptop writes two accents. This doesn't just create a second, annoying accent I don't need, it totally prevents me from assigning a...
  8. Double accent, no virus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Double accent, no virus: I'm having a problem with accent in latin american language, when I use it writes 2 accents ´´. My language is latin american Chile, so I change to latin american Mexico and problem resolves, but when I restart I get the problem again and it solves bny changing it back to...
  9. Double accent, no virus

Double accent, no virus: I'm having a problem with accent in latin american language, when I use it writes 2 accents ´´. My language is latin american Chile, so I change to latin american Mexico and problem resolves, but when I restart I get the problem again and it solves bny changing it back to...
  10. Double accents ´´, ``, ~~, ^^ everytime I try to use them

Double accents ´´, ``, ~~, ^^ everytime I try to use them: Hey, So, I just got a new laptop and after setting in and all, I've noticed this issue. I'm getting double accents everytime I try to use them. I'm from Portugal, so using them is necessary and for some reason I just can't. I've tried anti-malwares, updating or reinstalling...