Windows 10: Double accounts in Mail app, can't remove

Discus and support Double accounts in Mail app, can't remove in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I had to do a system restore, and when I opened the Microsoft Mail account, my accounts from before were showing up even though they were no longer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ydnim, Aug 6, 2019.

1. ydnim Win User

Double accounts in Mail app, can't remove

I had to do a system restore, and when I opened the Microsoft Mail account, my accounts from before were showing up even though they were no longer connected via the Email & accounts tab in Windows Accounts Settings. I have readded the accounts, but there is no way to remove the residual accounts, so now they are each showing up twice. When I click on the ones I need to delete, nothing happens, because they are leftovers and not actually connected. I have tried both resetting the app and uninstalling then reinstalling it. I have tried logging out of all sessions on Yahoo and iCloud, but they persist. It's driving me crazy. How can I get rid of them?

:)

ydnim, Aug 6, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Double accounts in Mail app, can't remove :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Aug 6, 2019
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    Removing email account added to Mail app settings

Hi Robert,

Removing or deleting an email account from the Mail app is possible via the Settings in the Mail app. You can do this by following these steps:

• Click the Gear icon in the lower left corner of the Mail app.
    • Choose Manage Accounts, then choose the account you want to remove.
    • Choose Delete Account.

NOTE: The Delete account option removes the account from the Mail and Calendar apps, but does not affect the account itself. For example, if you remove an Outlook.com account from the Mail and Calendar apps, you can still access that account
    using another email client or on the web.

Let us know if you have other concerns about the Mail app.

Yolvi Ell, Aug 6, 2019
  4. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Aug 6, 2019
Thema:

1. Double accounts in Mail app, can't remove - Similar Threads - Double accounts Mail

2. Can't add Yahoo Mail account to Windows Mail app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't add Yahoo Mail account to Windows Mail app: I can click on the form to add another account and clicking on Yahoo! I get a window with a Yahoo login form, I put in my user name then click continue and instead of being proposed a password form I get this empty window:What should I do to add my Yahoo email account to...
  3. Can't add Yahoo Mail account to Windows Mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't add Yahoo Mail account to Windows Mail app: I can click on the form to add another account and clicking on Yahoo! I get a window with a Yahoo login form, I put in my user name then click continue and instead of being proposed a password form I get this empty window:What should I do to add my Yahoo email account to...
  4. Can't login to google account in Mail app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't login to google account in Mail app: In Windows 10 and now after upgrading to Windows 11 I have an issue with login in to my google account in Mail. When I choose Gmail the Google login screen appears, and no matter what I do start typing or just wait, not clicking anything after a few seconds the Google login...
  5. Removing Mail Accounts from Mail App.

Removing Mail Accounts from Mail App.: I can't remove these mail accounts from mail app, why is it?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-mail-accounts-from-mail-app/92bb7781-493e-4e6e-8833-c186eb26b296
  6. Can't add account to Win10 mail app

Can't add account to Win10 mail app: I have done a clean install of Windows 10 with all updates to version 10.0.19042 build 19042. When I try to add my email account using POP3/IMAP option it gives error code 0x8007139f. I tried setting up the servers in the advanced menu to imap.virginmedia.com incoming and...
  7. Bugged Accounts in Windows Mail App -- Can't Remove

Bugged Accounts in Windows Mail App -- Can't Remove: Hi, First off, please do not post generic instructions on how to delete accounts in Windows Mail. I'm an advanced user, and I have already tried all conventional methods. Please. I mean it. If you do, that'll only mean you have not read the topic. Thanks. The issue:...
  8. Can't add Hotmail account to Mail app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't add Hotmail account to Mail app: Whenever I try to add a Hotmail account to the Mail app (which I literally just downloaded and installed from the Store), I get this error after I select the account on the screen prior: https://i.imgur.com/rWRvHVl.png What to do? The mail account exists and I can access it...
  9. Can't add account to my Mail app

Can't add account to my Mail app: Whenever I try to add my gmail account to windows' mail app I always get the error 0x8007042b. I already tried reinstalling the app and it still doesn't works. I have another laptop connected to the same network and it's able to sync my email flawlessly but I still can't do...
  10. Remove a account Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Remove a account Mail: I have been looking in tutorials and other posts and do not have a solution to this problem. In Mail I have two accounts. One is my personal MSN account and the other is a Exchange account with my former employer. Obviously the former employer has deactivated my account....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant remove account in mail app