Windows 10: Double Arrows on icons and folders (compress files option)

Discus and support Double Arrows on icons and folders (compress files option) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello Guys, I recently noticed that all my folders have a double blue arrow on top, after some research I notice is a window option to compress... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Tonylb, Dec 14, 2018.

1. Tonylb Win User

Double Arrows on icons and folders (compress files option)

Hello Guys,

I recently noticed that all my folders have a double blue arrow on top, after some research I notice is a window option to compress files to save space, never saw this before ever, I want to get rid of this or turn this option off, after reading some info, I just find that you have to do this manually, but if I try to do this folder like AppData take forever to change that option, so I guess it should be an automated way to do this or deactivate this.

Thanks in advanced

Tony

:)

Tonylb, Dec 14, 2018
  2. fastpuppy Win User

Mysterious Blue Double-Arrows Added to Windows Desktop File & Folder Icons

The fact that Microsoft released something like this with no documentation, no notice, no off-switch, etc... shows that the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

The fact that the solutions for this involve either registry hacks or widespread decompression of files is idiocy.

The fact that people putting themselves forward as "experts" without doing even a cursory google search is asinine.

DO YOUR RESEARCH BEFORE YOU PROVIDE AN ANSWER!

• norton has nothing to do with this
    • it involves compressed files
    • it is part of windows
    Yes Norton is one of the worst pieces of software on the market but this situation cropped up after an update so the solution
    obviously would not have been in lanedog33's 2010
    post.

Anyone with an IQ over room temperature should be able to deduce this quickly enough.

2 example posts of what is out there:

Windows 10 and the Double Arrow icon of death

Windows 10 and the Double Arrow icon of death - Nerdshack

November 29th, 2015

"Somewhere in the recent TH2 builds a new overlay was introduced to indicate compressed files/folders."

“TH2” or “the real Windows 10”

Change or Remove Double Blue Arrows Icon on Compressed Files and Folders in Windows 10

Change or Remove Double Blue Arrows Icon on Compressed Files and Folders in Windows 10

03/01/2016

the compressed folders will display blue arrows at the top right corner of the folders

fastpuppy, Dec 14, 2018
  3. Vinarino Win User
    Blue Arrows on folder and file icons

Double Blue Arrows that point at each other = Compression:

Originally, this feature was fantastic.

Previously, compression was indicated simply and optionally by turning the file/folder name blue.

Vinarino, Dec 14, 2018
  4. GH_108 Win User

Mysterious Blue Double-Arrows Added to Windows Desktop File & Folder Icons

If these icons indicate compression, why would they show up on a system that does not have compression enabled?

Compression is not enabled on the C:\ drive, Program Files (x86), my application folder, or the executable the shortcut is pointing to. The shortcut itself does not have compression enabled.

When I install my application the shortcut does not have the double blue icons but after a few minutes, then these blue arrows show up on the icon. I went back through all of the properties after the blue icons shows up (the shortcut, C:\ drive, all the
    folders and exe) and compression is still not enabled on any of them.

I also do not have any anti-virus installed on this system so it is not related to Norton. This has started happening to every Win 10 system in our office after updating to version 1511.

GH_108, Dec 14, 2018
Thema:

1. Double Arrows on icons and folders (compress files option) - Similar Threads - Double Arrows icons

2. Double Arrows . . .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Double Arrows . . .: My computer, is a Dell laptop. Running, Windows 10.This issue, might seem trivial. But it does, bother me.If you look, at the picture. You'll see, the double arrows. In front, of each picture?I'm not sure, what I loaded. Or, did. To 'cause these arrows to start.Is there, any...
  3. Double Arrows . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Double Arrows . . .: My computer, is a Dell laptop. Running, Windows 10.This issue, might seem trivial. But it does, bother me.If you look, at the picture. You'll see, the double arrows. In front, of each picture?I'm not sure, what I loaded. Or, did. To 'cause these arrows to start.Is there, any...
  4. Blue arrow compression icon - how to remove

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Blue arrow compression icon - how to remove: Any way to get rid of this annoying blue arrows?I want to keep compression if it makes my PC more efficient, but not have these show up all the time.Is this possible?Should I keep compression?My SSD HD is 70% fullShould I remove files to gain more speed?Thanks...
  5. Blue Double-Arrows Added to all my File & Folder Icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Blue Double-Arrows Added to all my File & Folder Icons: Hi, I am using windows 10 20H2 OS build 19042.985today suddenly Blue Double-Arrows added to all icons https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-double-arrows-added-to-all-my-file-folder/42fc2bb3-1a8c-484e-afd0-2072da0476bb
  6. Compressed folder (two blue arrows)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Compressed folder (two blue arrows): Every time I create a new folder, it shows the two blue arrows. I know how to get rid of it after creating a new folder, but it never did this before. Is there a way to change the settings so that when I create the new folder, it doesn't have those two blue arrows? Thank...
  7. Without notice or warning all files and folder have green then blue double arrows - compression

Without notice or warning all files and folder have green then blue double arrows - compression: Hi Really pissed off at the moment.. turns out I have no say in whether compression is applied to my files. While they buried 'Clippy' the annoyingly patronising assistant in word, Microsoft still apparently allows his spirit to live on in them.. just like the forced...
  8. Office 2010 double arrow icons

Office 2010 double arrow icons: Hi, i have a little problem. I have installed 4 days ago Office 2010(32 bit) on my laptop and when i put the office 2010 icons on desktop, they appear with two blue arrows. How i can resolve it? [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  9. How to Remove Blue Double Arrows and Stop Automatic Compression of Files and Folders.

How to Remove Blue Double Arrows and Stop Automatic Compression of Files and Folders.: I'm posting this as an answer in the questions section because I believe that more people will see it there than in the discussions section. Recently I noticed that my icons on my desktop had a pair of blue arrows in the top right corner. This was also true for my documents...
  10. How to remove double arrows next to Icon label in a folder

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove double arrows next to Icon label in a folder: After updating Windows 10 to ver.1803.xxx I get these 2 circular arrows next to every Icon Label. They only appear on Icon Labels INSIDE a folder. When I move the Icon out out the folder to the Desktop the arrows are gone. When I move them back in a folder they re-appear....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. arrows on all files and folders

2. why my all file and folders are compress on desktop

3. double arrow icon on files

4. files and folders double arrow