Windows 10: Double Barreled names

Discus and support Double Barreled names in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I get Microsoft to show my initials as JBT, or BT, but not JB? My name has three parts to it, not two. Some people's name's have four parts.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by James Brooke Turner, May 22, 2019.

1. Double Barreled names

How do I get Microsoft to show my initials as JBT, or BT, but not JB? My name has three parts to it, not two. Some people's name's have four parts. Maybe we're not the standard customer Microsoft is seeking?

:)

James Brooke Turner, May 22, 2019

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, May 22, 2019
  3. change windows 10 pc name

We appreciate you getting back to us. To change the cmd name, we suggest that you follow this steps:

• Open a Command Prompt (Adimin) window: Win+X, A, Alt+Y
    • Then run the following command to change your computer name to Donner: WMIC ComputerSystem where Name=COMPUTER-NAME call Rename Name=NewName
    • Reboot your PC.
    • Try to run ipconfig / all command, you should find that the Host Name in Windows IP Configuration list has been changed to the new name.

Keep us posted with the result.

Marilou Ser, May 22, 2019
  4. Jay Jap Win User

Double Barreled names

Adding Printer but Keeping Custom Name

Hello,

To assist you with your concern, follow these steps:

• Go to Control Panel
    • Under Hardware and Sound, choose View Devices and Printers.
    • Double click the device that you want change the name.
    • On the new option, double click Customize Your Printer.
    • Rename the device.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Jay Jap, May 22, 2019
Thema:

Double Barreled names

1. Double Barreled names - Similar Threads - Double Barreled names

2. I wish to eliminate /destroy/abolishdelete you name it on double verification and security...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I wish to eliminate /destroy/abolishdelete you name it on double verification and security...: I wish to eliminate, delete ,abolish, destroy .What ever you can do to get rid of double verification on who I am .HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-wish-to-eliminate-destroyabolishdelete-you-name/b4589364-503b-4882-8564-a3356611465b
  3. I wish to eliminate /destroy/abolishdelete you name it on double verification and security...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I wish to eliminate /destroy/abolishdelete you name it on double verification and security...: I wish to eliminate, delete ,abolish, destroy .What ever you can do to get rid of double verification on who I am .HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-wish-to-eliminate-destroyabolishdelete-you-name/b4589364-503b-4882-8564-a3356611465b
  4. I wish to eliminate /destroy/abolishdelete you name it on double verification and security...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Double characters for ~~ ^^ ´´

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Double characters for ~~ ^^ ´´: I have Windows 10 installed on my laptop and for no apparent reason the keyboard starts typing double characters for ~~ ^^ ´´. This makes it impossible to type acute vowels á, ó, etc. and letters with tilde ã, ñ, etc.. Or, I should say the keyboard doesn't wait for me to...
  6. Double Click

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Double Click: Hello, can somebody tell me how can i get rid off a double click it always makes me an issue. Thanks whoever responds. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/double-click/a7d1d883-46d8-4a60-a144-19b78ce96c19
  7. New PC is showing double drive names

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New PC is showing double drive names: [ATTACH] I connected my drives to my new PC and aside from the boot drive, all of them are showing double names:F: (D:)G: (E:)E: (F:) I tried changing it in disk management, but that only changes the last letter. How do I re-assign the letters to a single digit one?...
  8. Double Accounts

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Double Accounts: Hi I have two accounts on my laptop, and I want to delete the one I don't use, the only trouble is when you go through settings etc like people have previoulsy told me to on here, that account doesnt exist, it just shows on the log in screen only. Even factory reset doesn't...
  9. Double billing

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Double billing: I used Microsoft Pay and entered my credit card as a payment method. When I purchased a product from Mothercare, I received double billing. One from Mothercare andthe second from Microsoft Store for the same amount. What is it?...
  10. Double Printing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Double Printing: I've been trying to double print on my printer for a while now, but for some odd reason I just can't. My printer has double printed before and I've tested it out with my other devices and it works fine but it just won't on my computer. I have a HP Pavilion with windows 10 and...