Windows 10: double characters

Discus and support double characters in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I’ve encountered a problem with my keyboard. When I am pressing the key, I get a double character... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JayZoberman, Jun 8, 2019.

1. double characters

I’ve encountered a problem with my keyboard. When I am pressing the key, I get a double character

:)

JayZoberman, Jun 8, 2019

2. "Chinese Characters" program delaying shutdown - a different approach.

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

• As you have mentioned this happens only in the Admin account, is it local account set as admin account or the Microsoft account?
    I would suggest you to check the all apps list and check if that Chinese character app is present.

After you try the above steps and share us the results what happens we can proceed with the further suggestions.

Please post us back with the results after troubleshooting the above steps and check.

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jun 8, 2019
  3. Character Map

Hi Susan,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To have better clarity on the issue, answer the below listed questions and get back to us.

1. Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?
    2. Does this issue occur on Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, or any other browser?
    3. Once the text disappears, are you able to undo that by press the 'Ctrl' key and the 'Z' key from your keyboard?

Meanwhile, try the below troubleshooting steps:

Method 1: Check if your Windows is Up-to-date.

Go to Settings > Update and Security >
    Windows Updates and install all the Windows Updates if there are any.

Method 2: Use a different browser

Use a different browser to access Gmail and see if you are facing the same issue.

Method 3: Adding the characters manually from Character Map.

Step 1: Click on the
    Start Menu and search for Character Map and hit
    Enter.

Step 2: Once the
    Character Map launches, look for the character that you want to add >
    Select that character and click on Copy.

Step 3: Go to the email that
    you want to add the character and paste the character by pressing the ‘Windows’ key and the ‘V’ key from your keyboard and see if the characters are disappearing.

​Hope it helps.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jun 8, 2019
  4. Arnie Est Win User

double characters

Is there a key to delete character ahead of the cursor?

Hello Stephen,

As of the moment, deleting the characters next to the cursor is unavailable. You can only delete characters by moving the cursor to the right side. You can always send a suggestion via Feedback Hub app so that it can be added or included on the next update.

To send a feedback on your phone, you can follow the steps below:

• Go to All Apps, search for the Feedback
      Hub app.
    • Open the menu icon at the top left side.
    • Select Feedback, then at the top right side, tap the
      add
      button (+).
    • Select Suggestion and fill up the box with the details of the feature you want to be added on Windows phone.
    • Select the right category for the suggestion and then submit.

Should you need more help, feel free to ask the Community.

Arnie Est, Jun 8, 2019
Thema:

double characters

1. double characters - Similar Threads - double characters

2. How to solve double characters in Windows 11 version 21H2.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to solve double characters in Windows 11 version 21H2.: I get double characters when typing in any Windows 11 field. I also was not able to update my Windows 11 version 21H2.According my Windows 11 system, but my system is up to date. Apparently there is an update for solving this problem but it is not installed when I manually...
  3. How to solve double characters in Windows 11 version 21H2.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to solve double characters in Windows 11 version 21H2.: I get double characters when typing in any Windows 11 field. I also was not able to update my Windows 11 version 21H2.According my Windows 11 system, but my system is up to date. Apparently there is an update for solving this problem but it is not installed when I manually...
  4. Latin América keyboard special characters double repeating accents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Latin América keyboard special characters double repeating accents: I've had the computer working fine for over two years and now, just a couple if days ago, every time I try to use an accented character by typing the accent special character and then the vowel, it types two accents and the letter with no accent. Actually just hitting the...
  5. Latin América keyboard special characters double repeating accents

Latin América keyboard special characters double repeating accents: I've had the computer working fine for over two years and now, just a couple if days ago, every time I try to use an accented character by typing the accent special character and then the vowel, it types two accents and the letter with no accent. Actually just hitting the...
  6. WORD + How can I stop my ALT Code characters from doubling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WORD + How can I stop my ALT Code characters from doubling: Everytime I enter a ALT Code it will double no matter what key I click on. All this in WORD only https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-how-can-i-stop-my-alt-code-characters-from/8336e59d-427e-4d7f-9fa4-c313d1c58d91
  7. WORD + How can I stop my ALT Code characters from doubling

WORD + How can I stop my ALT Code characters from doubling: Everytime I enter a ALT Code it will double no matter what key I click on. All this in WORD only https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-how-can-i-stop-my-alt-code-characters-from/8336e59d-427e-4d7f-9fa4-c313d1c58d91
  8. Double characters for ~~ ^^ ´´

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Double characters for ~~ ^^ ´´: I have Windows 10 installed on my laptop and for no apparent reason the keyboard starts typing double characters for ~~ ^^ ´´. This makes it impossible to type acute vowels á, ó, etc. and letters with tilde ã, ñ, etc.. Or, I should say the keyboard doesn't wait for me to...
  9. Double characters for ~~ ^^ ´´

Double characters for ~~ ^^ ´´: I have Windows 10 installed on my laptop and for no apparent reason the keyboard starts typing double characters for ~~ ^^ ´´. This makes it impossible to type acute vowels á, ó, etc. and letters with tilde ã, ñ, etc.. Or, I should say the keyboard doesn't wait for me to...
  10. How to initialize a char array with double quotes not printable escape characters in C++

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to initialize a char array with double quotes not printable escape characters in C++: Hi,I am trying to initialize a character array with double quotes inside of the array. I am never going to print the array out, so I do not need the printable escape characcter \". I want to be able to read and compare the double quote inside of the array in the program. Is...