Windows 10: double characters

Discus and support double characters in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I’ve encountered a problem with my keyboard. When I am pressing the key, I get a double character... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JayZoberman, Jun 8, 2019.

1. double characters

I’ve encountered a problem with my keyboard. When I am pressing the key, I get a double character

:)

JayZoberman, Jun 8, 2019

2. "Chinese Characters" program delaying shutdown - a different approach.

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

• As you have mentioned this happens only in the Admin account, is it local account set as admin account or the Microsoft account?
    I would suggest you to check the all apps list and check if that Chinese character app is present.

After you try the above steps and share us the results what happens we can proceed with the further suggestions.

Please post us back with the results after troubleshooting the above steps and check.

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jun 8, 2019
  3. Character Map

Hi Susan,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To have better clarity on the issue, answer the below listed questions and get back to us.

1. Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?
    2. Does this issue occur on Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, or any other browser?
    3. Once the text disappears, are you able to undo that by press the 'Ctrl' key and the 'Z' key from your keyboard?

Meanwhile, try the below troubleshooting steps:

Method 1: Check if your Windows is Up-to-date.

Go to Settings > Update and Security >
    Windows Updates and install all the Windows Updates if there are any.

Method 2: Use a different browser

Use a different browser to access Gmail and see if you are facing the same issue.

Method 3: Adding the characters manually from Character Map.

Step 1: Click on the
    Start Menu and search for Character Map and hit
    Enter.

Step 2: Once the
    Character Map launches, look for the character that you want to add >
    Select that character and click on Copy.

Step 3: Go to the email that
    you want to add the character and paste the character by pressing the ‘Windows’ key and the ‘V’ key from your keyboard and see if the characters are disappearing.

​Hope it helps.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jun 8, 2019
  4. Arnie Est Win User

double characters

Is there a key to delete character ahead of the cursor?

Hello Stephen,

As of the moment, deleting the characters next to the cursor is unavailable. You can only delete characters by moving the cursor to the right side. You can always send a suggestion via Feedback Hub app so that it can be added or included on the next update.

To send a feedback on your phone, you can follow the steps below:

• Go to All Apps, search for the Feedback
      Hub app.
    • Open the menu icon at the top left side.
    • Select Feedback, then at the top right side, tap the
      add
      button (+).
    • Select Suggestion and fill up the box with the details of the feature you want to be added on Windows phone.
    • Select the right category for the suggestion and then submit.

Should you need more help, feel free to ask the Community.

Arnie Est, Jun 8, 2019
Thema:

double characters

1. double characters - Similar Threads - double characters

2. Onedrive and G Drive taking double space on my PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive and G Drive taking double space on my PC: There are two issues. First, I have two folders having many sub-folders and files in them in my Drive E in Win 10PC. One Folder is synced with onedrive and other is with G drive. Both onedrive and G drive created a folder each in my user place having all those files and...
  3. Task Manager Memory tab not reporting Double Data Rate

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Task Manager Memory tab not reporting Double Data Rate: Hi, Task Manager is reporting a memory speed of 933 MHz instead of 1866 MHz. This value has always been the Double Data Rate, correct? According to CPUZ & Speccy the memory is running at 1866 MHz. The BIOS also reports 1866 MHz. A number of similar threads indicate that Task...
  4. Double click on touchpad and mouse not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Double click on touchpad and mouse not working: 2 or 3 days ago double click to open files and quit working w/the mouse and the touchpad. I see no settings describing double clicking in for the mouse or touchpad. I have gone to the device manager and looked for mouse driver updates - there are none. I do not see the...
  5. How in the H-E-double-hockey-sticks am I supposed to get my swipe gestures back??? This...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How in the H-E-double-hockey-sticks am I supposed to get my swipe gestures back??? This...: Apparently the new update has f***ed some things up, and now my three finger swipe to navigate forward and backwards in browser (alt + left/right) - that I have been using for literally years - instead swaps windows (alt + Tab). I can't seem to get a straight answer...
  6. Double billing

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Double billing: Recently i bought windows 10 pro and office 365 from microsoft store. At the same time amount has been deducted from my credit card. After the order has been processed the same amount deducted again. I am living in UAE could anybody help me to solve this issue...
  7. Double User Libraries

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Double User Libraries: After upgrading to 1903 from 1809, common Libraries (Documents, Pictures etc.) appear double in Windows Explorer left pane. I.e. a Document library with a Document folder in it. Real content is enumerated and accessed from both. Documents folder is also repeated under...
  8. All my Downloads, for ALL of my sites, and everything, are doubling.

All my Downloads, for ALL of my sites, and everything, are doubling.: It takes up double storage, which is annoying, because I can't download anything. I don't have much storage, and this effectively cuts my download capability in HALF....
  9. RE: how to turn off double clicking/tapping on touch pad

RE: how to turn off double clicking/tapping on touch pad: I just got a new laptop and couldn't figure out how to turn off double clicking to open applications. Usually I've just gone into Synaptics or mouse settings and found it, but it's not there for this pc. I came in here to ask and saw that I'm not alone. I did not read every...
  10. How do I disable the "double-clicking the top-left corner of a program closes it" "feature"?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I disable the "double-clicking the top-left corner of a program closes it" "feature"?: So apparently when you double-click on the top-left corner of a window in Windows 10, it goes ahead and closes out the window. This is a feature I absolutely will never use intentionally and have already run into the issue of it unintentionally closing out a window. How do I...