Windows 10: Double click can't open ".png" files in Windows10.

Discus and support Double click can't open ".png" files in Windows10. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am using window10 64bits system. I want to open .png files with default app "Photos". When I double click the file, It always pops up the window "... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Zhang Wei 627, May 14, 2019.

1. Double click can't open ".png" files in Windows10.

I am using window10 64bits system. I want to open .png files with default app "Photos". When I double click the file, It always pops up the window " How do you want to open this file?"

Then I click the "photos" but the window keeps pop up. So I can't open the file with double click. The only alternative way to open it is by right click the file -->open with-->choose "photos". It works in this way. Besides, I tried open .jpg, pdf or office files by double click, they both OK.

Thank you for your any help and advices.

:)

Zhang Wei 627, May 14, 2019
  2. Ketxxx Win User

opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, May 14, 2019
  3. cannot open any .jpg file from Windows10 Explorer by double clicking the file:

I suddenly cannot open any .jpg file from Windows10 Explorer by double clicking the file: error message

"Windows cannot find “file'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again."

There is no problem if I select one file >>right click>>open with Microsoft Office 2010, or with Paint, or if I open the document from within the application.

Note that any .jpg file saved behaves the same way. Other files like Word, excel, dpf work fine.

I unpin some directories and pin others to Explore 'Quick access', but does not seem relevant to me.

Any suggestions?

manuela.dumbrava, May 14, 2019
  4. jaydeee Win User

Double click can't open ".png" files in Windows10.

PowerPoint file crashes PowerPoint upon opening

since this happens in some of the computers only, suggest that you open the file on working computer and copy everything and paste to a new powerpoint file.
    most of the time it works to me. *Smile Double click can't open ".png" files in Windows10. :)

jaydeee, May 14, 2019
Thema:

Double click can't open ".png" files in Windows10.

1. Double click can't open ".png" files in Windows10. - Similar Threads - Double click can't

2. Why are files opening on a single click when setting is to open on double click?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are files opening on a single click when setting is to open on double click?: Just what the question says. I'm in Windows Explorer, WIndows 10 21H2, OS Build 19044.2846 . Corporate license. I see an old question from 2014 about the same thing happening for Excel files. These are Excel files as well, . I want to select and drag to move a bunch of files....
  3. Using double-click to open files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Using double-click to open files: Recently, I can no longer use double-click to open files either from desktop icons or within sub-files. I have to left click to select, then right-click, then move cursor to "open, then left-click open. This is a great degradation in performance. Will this be reversed or...
  4. Double click on the folder is not opening it

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Double click on the folder is not opening it: Folder on this location is not opening on double-click: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans What to do? Goran https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/double-click-on-the-folder-is-not-opening-it/aa21da0d-6dd6-4fa8-8573-baa846f4454a
  5. Double-clicking opens folders but not files

in Windows 10 Support
    Double-clicking opens folders but not files: When I double-click on a folder, the folder opens. Good. But when I double-click on a file or document for the first time, it doesn't open (i.e., it doesn't launch the application to read that file). Instead, the filename is shaded and there's a box around the filename as if...
  6. Single/double-click to open file in Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Single/double-click to open file in Explorer: Recently my Windows 10 Home has changed from double-click to open files to single-click and underlining files as hyperlinks, even though it is set to double-click in folder options. I have restored the default settings as shown below but this has made no difference. Using the...
  7. can't open png files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    can't open png files: Hello! I've got a problem when opening png files. when I open it says "It looks like we don't support this file format" please help, I try all in internet. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-png-files/14eca5fd-8a4b-4d96-8670-7435e9159b65"
  8. Opening PNG FILES

in Windows 10 Customization
    Opening PNG FILES: When I open a "PNG" file I get a warning (Below) saying it could harm my computer, so I uncheck the "Always ask" box and then it opens. [ATTACH] But when I try to open another later it will ask again, is there ant way I can get it to remember my preference....
  9. Opening PNG files.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Opening PNG files.: I have received an e-mail in my Virgin Mail which has 1 PNG files and 2 GIF files attached. How do I open them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opening-png-files/59fd1cae-a02f-4cd2-a3a1-772edae09cbf"
  10. W10 File Explorer - Can't rename, delete, or double click open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    W10 File Explorer - Can't rename, delete, or double click open: Hi, I brought new laptop. Recently, clicking on a file in file explorer has resulted in rotating blue circle and nothing else. It appears that the explorer has gone into an infinite loop. The files can still be opened by the associated application (e.g., Word, File >...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant open .png files in windows 10

2. cant open png file windows 10

3. cant open png file in windows 10

4. cant open png file,
  5. how can I copy png files to my windows10?