Windows 10: Double click doesn't open files associated with apps

Discus and support Double click doesn't open files associated with apps in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Cannot figure out what has happened. I have Win 10 Pro ver 2004 OS-19041.685. A simple text file .txt will not open with Notepad after a double-click.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Michal_55, Dec 19, 2020.

1. Michal_55 Win User

Double click doesn't open files associated with apps

Cannot figure out what has happened. I have Win 10 Pro ver 2004 OS-19041.685. A simple text file .txt will not open with Notepad after a double-click.
    I have to start Notepad, browse the file, and first then it can be opened. The same problem occurs with other associated files. Any hints, please?

:)

Michal_55, Dec 19, 2020

2. Double Tap doesn`t work on Lumia 620

Hello,

Double Tap to wake doesn`t work at my Lumia 620. I have all on in settings but still doesn`t work. I`m pretty sure that in update AMBER or BLACK this function works properly. But after DENIM update doesn`t. Maybe you are planning some update for this future
    ?

Thanks

Mariusz

MariuszBluma, Dec 19, 2020
  3. MD_935 Win User
    Windows 10 doesn´t recogonize .docx extension / suggests thereis no app installed

When i want to open a docx file, Windows doesn´t recognize the extension. When I try to associate the extension with Word I cannot, as ´there is no app´ installed for the extension... How to fix?

MD_935, Dec 19, 2020
  4. Double click doesn't open files associated with apps

When clicking the files getting error that the file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action.

Hello,

I understand that when you try to open the file, you are prompted that the files does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. We will certainly help you.

• What file are you trying to open?
    This issue is caused if the file is not associated with any of the application or program to open it.

If those files are the pictures as I can see that you are trying to access the picture folder. I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if the issue resolves.

• Right click on the file and select Open with.
    • Select Photo App or Photo Gallery.
    • Double click and check if you are able to open that file.
    Keep us posted if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you.

Sachin Venkatesh, Dec 19, 2020
Thema:

Double click doesn't open files associated with apps

1. Double click doesn't open files associated with apps - Similar Threads - Double click doesn't

2. Why are files opening on a single click when setting is to open on double click?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are files opening on a single click when setting is to open on double click?: Just what the question says. I'm in Windows Explorer, WIndows 10 21H2, OS Build 19044.2846 . Corporate license. I see an old question from 2014 about the same thing happening for Excel files. These are Excel files as well, . I want to select and drag to move a bunch of files....
  3. Why are files opening on a single click when setting is to open on double click?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why are files opening on a single click when setting is to open on double click?: Just what the question says. I'm in Windows Explorer, WIndows 10 21H2, OS Build 19044.2846 . Corporate license. I see an old question from 2014 about the same thing happening for Excel files. These are Excel files as well, . I want to select and drag to move a bunch of files....
  4. Using double-click to open files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Using double-click to open files: Recently, I can no longer use double-click to open files either from desktop icons or within sub-files. I have to left click to select, then right-click, then move cursor to "open, then left-click open. This is a great degradation in performance. Will this be reversed or...
  5. Double click on the folder is not opening it

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Double click on the folder is not opening it: Folder on this location is not opening on double-click: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans What to do? Goran https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/double-click-on-the-folder-is-not-opening-it/aa21da0d-6dd6-4fa8-8573-baa846f4454a
  6. Double-clicking opens folders but not files

in Windows 10 Support
    Double-clicking opens folders but not files: When I double-click on a folder, the folder opens. Good. But when I double-click on a file or document for the first time, it doesn't open (i.e., it doesn't launch the application to read that file). Instead, the filename is shaded and there's a box around the filename as if...
  7. apps won't open by double clicking

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    apps won't open by double clicking: Apps on my desktop won't open when I double click on them. This is happening on both of my desktops. I'm wondering if it has something to do with a recent upgrade from windows....
  8. Single/double-click to open file in Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Single/double-click to open file in Explorer: Recently my Windows 10 Home has changed from double-click to open files to single-click and underlining files as hyperlinks, even though it is set to double-click in folder options. I have restored the default settings as shown below but this has made no difference. Using the...
  9. Double click doesn't open htm/html files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Double click doesn't open htm/html files: Hi, in my new Hp EliteBook 850 G4, I've a very strange issue. I can't try a restore, since company gave me it after configurating it and updating to the last version of Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with Windows Update, and the issue was from the beginning. I've Microsoft Edge,...
  10. No program associated with folders (Cannot double click to open)

in Windows 10 Support
    No program associated with folders (Cannot double click to open): Hi there folks. I'm pretty new to the forum side of things, (or at least this forum, that is) so I'll cut right to the chase! Recently, after performing a windows update I've become unable to open folders and drives, regardless of their location (desktop, etc) by means of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. I cant open my application when i double click