Windows 10: Double-Click Hold for Right-Click

Discus and support Double-Click Hold for Right-Click in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey everyone. I don't know if this is quite the most relevant subreddit for this question, but it was the closest I could think of. I recently... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/LochNessHamsters, May 11, 2020.

1. Double-Click Hold for Right-Click

Hey everyone. I don't know if this is quite the most relevant subreddit for this question, but it was the closest I could think of.

I recently purchased an air mouse with lots of useful hotkeys and a handheld keyboard that make it really good for couch PC use, but it's missing one really important feature; the ability or right-click. I know there are ways to get Windows to recognize holding a single click as a right-click, but that seems too easy to activate unintentionally, especially when I'm just using my regular mouse, so I was wondering if anyone knows of an easy way to get Windows to recognize a held double click as a right click; that is, to do a double click like normal, but hold the second press, and have that register as right-clicking. This, to me, seems like the most intuitive alternative that wouldn't be easy to activate accidentally.

I'm okay with installing some kind of start-up program for this, as long as it's relatively lightweight for the simple task that it's accomplishing. Alternatively, if anyone knows of another method for right-clicking that's also intuitive without being easy to do by accident, I'm open to suggestions.

Thank you!

submitted by /u/LochNessHamsters
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/LochNessHamsters, May 11, 2020

2. mouse is not working right

unfortunately there isn't a lot to a usb mouse. what i would suggest is checking the power management settings on it.

Right-click the start menu and choose device manager
    Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers at the very bottom
    Double-click on each HUB you have listed, click Power Management Tab at the top, and UNCHECK "Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power"
    You may have HUBs called Generic and Root Hub. Perform the step above on All of them.

If you continue to have the issue, i would imagine your mouse is malfunctioning. Perhaps try another mouse just to be sure. This will help you determine if it is in fact the mouse of computer causing the issue.

Good Luck!!

samsonbiatch, May 11, 2020
  3. Double Click in Windows 10

Thank you for the information, Lee. To isolate this concern, we suggest that you boot the computer in

Safe Mode
    and check if you will still experience the same problem.

We also suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps below:

• Right-click on Windows button
      > Control Panel.
    • From Control Panel navigate to Programs and Features and right-click on
      Microsoft Office.
    • Click on Change and then select
      Online Repair.
    • These steps will repair/reinstall Microsoft Office.
    • Once completed, make sure to restart the computer.

Note: This will repair the Microsoft Office installed on the computer.

Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Desiree Yau, May 11, 2020
  4. Double-Click Hold for Right-Click

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, May 11, 2020
Thema:

Double-Click Hold for Right-Click

1. Double-Click Hold for Right-Click - Similar Threads - Double Click Hold

2. holding right click and move thinks im holding left click and move

in Windows 10 Gaming
    holding right click and move thinks im holding left click and move: so im using a windows 11 home laptop with a trackpad, and in most games, when you hold right click and move the camera moves freely. but my trackpad dosent do that and it thinks im holding left click and not right click. i need help because this makes it very hard to use...
  3. holding right click and move thinks im holding left click and move

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    holding right click and move thinks im holding left click and move: so im using a windows 11 home laptop with a trackpad, and in most games, when you hold right click and move the camera moves freely. but my trackpad dosent do that and it thinks im holding left click and not right click. i need help because this makes it very hard to use...
  4. Touchpad: Holding down right click only presses right click once then holds down left click...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad: Holding down right click only presses right click once then holds down left click...: I've been trying to fix a problem with this laptop's touchpad. Whenever I hold down right click, it only presses right click once and then holds down left click. This is super inconvenient whenever I hop on to play Minecraft whenever I don't have access to my PC or mouse....
  5. Touchpad: Holding down right click only presses right click once then holds down left click...

Touchpad: Holding down right click only presses right click once then holds down left click...: I've been trying to fix a problem with this laptop's touchpad. Whenever I hold down right click, it only presses right click once and then holds down left click. This is super inconvenient whenever I hop on to play Minecraft whenever I don't have access to my PC or mouse....
  6. how to right click hold on a touchpad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to right click hold on a touchpad: Hello - on Windows 11, how can one set the laptop touch pad so that a double click becomes a right click hold if I hold down two fingers. Currently on my touchpad a two finger click gesture is a right click of the mouse. I would like to simulate right click and hold on the...
  7. how to right click hold on a touchpad

how to right click hold on a touchpad: Hello - on Windows 11, how can one set the laptop touch pad so that a double click becomes a right click hold if I hold down two fingers. Currently on my touchpad a two finger click gesture is a right click of the mouse. I would like to simulate right click and hold on the...
  8. Mouse left hold click randomly acts as a double click. windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse left hold click randomly acts as a double click. windows 11: if i hold left mouse button,the cursor just miss out by it self but in that time i'm still holding the left button and if I move the cursor on full screen game automatically minimize game it also minimize all program,i do so much thing to fix it, it's been 6 month that...
  9. Mouse left hold click randomly acts as a double click. windows 11

Mouse left hold click randomly acts as a double click. windows 11: if i hold left mouse button,the cursor just miss out by it self but in that time i'm still holding the left button and if I move the cursor on full screen game automatically minimize game it also minimize all program,i do so much thing to fix it, it's been 6 month that...
  10. double-spaced right-click options

in Windows 10 Customization
    double-spaced right-click options: Inspiron 13 5379 Windows 10 1809 My new laptop is double-spacing the right-click file context menu, pushing some of it off the screen (including Properties, which I access frequently. How do I fix it? [ATTACH]...