Windows 10: double click in file manager causes a delete

Discus and support double click in file manager causes a delete in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; a couple of weeks ago (double click = delete) started I have replaced disk, OS, keyboard, mouse, wireless receiver Updated drivers, locked out touch... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Larry Shaffer, Jul 19, 2019.

1. double click in file manager causes a delete

a couple of weeks ago (double click = delete) started

I have replaced disk, OS, keyboard, mouse, wireless receiver

Updated drivers, locked out touch pad.

What is going on?

:)

Larry Shaffer, Jul 19, 2019
  2. mjean1 Win User

There are no more files and ASUS Data Security Manager

I've been having the same issues trying to save files.

I followed all of the steps but ASUS Data Security Manager keeps reappearing. How do I really get it to delete? I've done the uninstall four times and it just pops back in the list.

mjean1, Jul 19, 2019
  3. bigalan Win User
    ATKEK and realtech double files?? safe to delete ?

hi all I have just noticed in my task manager the on start-up I have double files in the realteck folder

double click in file manager causes a delete [​IMG]
    the share the same properties dialogue box and the go to location goes to the same file ..is it safe to delete the doubles ?

bigalan, Jul 19, 2019
  4. double click in file manager causes a delete

Disk Management - How to Post a Screenshot of

or...

This will do it for you

Step 1: Download this zip file (contains dmDskmgr-vd.mmc)

dmDskmgr-vd.zip
    Step 2: Double click dmDskmgr-vd.zip to open the compressed folder
    Double click dmDskmgr-vd.mmc to launch the custom Disk Management console

Press Alt+PrtScn to grab a snapshot of just the Disk Management window
    Open Paint and Ctrl+V to paste it, then save the image
    Attach the image to a new post.

Slartybart, Jul 19, 2019
Thema:

double click in file manager causes a delete

1. double click in file manager causes a delete - Similar Threads - double click file

2. Files / text are deleted when I left click / double left click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files / text are deleted when I left click / double left click: A few weeks back my files began being deleted when I left click on their icons in my desktop / file explorer.Some times all files under a folder are deleted, if I click in the file list part of the file explorer. When that happens, if I click on the cancel button my click is...
  3. Files / text are deleted when I left click / double left click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files / text are deleted when I left click / double left click: A few weeks back my files began being deleted when I left click on their icons in my desktop / file explorer.Some times all files under a folder are deleted, if I click in the file list part of the file explorer. When that happens, if I click on the cancel button my click is...
  4. Files / text are deleted when I left click / double left click

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Double Click

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Double Click: Hello, can somebody tell me how can i get rid off a double click it always makes me an issue. Thanks whoever responds. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/double-click/a7d1d883-46d8-4a60-a144-19b78ce96c19
  6. Double Click

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Double Click: Hello, can somebody tell me how can i get rid off a double click it always makes me an issue. Thanks whoever responds. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/double-click/a7d1d883-46d8-4a60-a144-19b78ce96c19
  7. Tremors cause accidental double clicks and double letters.

in Windows 10 Support
    Tremors cause accidental double clicks and double letters.: My hands shake. So, when I click on something, I often get an undesired double click and often accidentally double letters when I'm typing. Is there a way to slow my PC's response to clicks and keystrokes by A VERY SMALL AMOUNT so as to ignore the second impulse? I found a...
  8. Automatically deleting of files on double click

Automatically deleting of files on double click: I'm using Windows 10 with latest 1809 update. When i double click any folder anywhere it directly deletes it please provide solution im tired of it already...
  9. double clicking on a file in file explorer

double clicking on a file in file explorer: when I double click on a file in file explorer the file comes up and so does a blank file in Word. How can I stop the empty file from coming up?...
  10. W10 File Explorer - Can't rename, delete, or double click open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    W10 File Explorer - Can't rename, delete, or double click open: Hi, I brought new laptop. Recently, clicking on a file in file explorer has resulted in rotating blue circle and nothing else. It appears that the explorer has gone into an infinite loop. The files can still be opened by the associated application (e.g., Word, File >...