Windows 10: Double click on folders not working any more

Discus and support Double click on folders not working any more in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; No not help, same problem. I want to do the renew upgrade, but i'm a little scared for my programs (for work) that I lose that I'm Downloading now the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Roel, Feb 1, 2016.

1. Roel Win User

Double click on folders not working any more

I'm Downloading now the iso file and look again your video

2. Roel Win User

I'm Downloading now the iso file and look again your video

3. Roel Win User
    Hi Brink, I'm back and what you advised me worked out. Double click on folders works again and lost no programs *Biggrin. From Thailand where I live THANK you so much. I think they need you by Microsoft, they can not fix what you can do. Again thank you. I think that the program "ccleaner" give me that problem, registry cleaner.

Best regards,

4. dalchina New Member

Roel: I've done the in-place upgrade repair a couple of times, and I think it's one really good feature of Win 10. Each time there's a major upgrade of Win 10 (like 10586), Win 10 is refreshed, and that's the point you move on from and can always return to.

To note these effects:
    - system restore will be disabled - you need to configure it again
    - your associations are (mostly) kept (I found I lost one)
    - all your programs and most settings are retained
    - you may need to set up your WiFi connection again
    - you need to redo all Windows updates subsequent to the repair install build
    - all universal apps will be reinstated if you removed any

The underlying mechanism is that of installing Windows, so Windows.old is created, thus you can recover your previous build. (And naturally you lose all restore points)

You are strongly advised to routinely use disk imaging.
    For your peace of mind and security, create a disk image before you do the in-place repair install.
    Do the repair install
    Check it
    Update your disk image

That's a really safe way to proceed.

Disk imaging: should be done routinely- so you can restore your PC to a previously working state in a short time without technical assistance. Also provides a full backup.

E.g. Macrium Reflect (free) - and create its boot disk. Currently I really like O&O disk image (not free but giveaways periodically).

dalchina, Feb 4, 2016
  5. Roel Win User
    Thank you so much, I'm after Googlen for more then 2 weeks again a happy men, thanks for your advise

6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. I'm glad it could help. *Smile

Brink, Feb 4, 2016
  7. katieShan Win User
    Hello,

Idk if your problem is solved or not, but here is what i did which solved the same issue for me:

go to Control panel - mouse option - a window will open (mouse properties), in that, there is "double click speed" set the speed to slow, anywhere less than the middle of the bar, more towards slow. and then click apply and ok, then close that window. And your double clicking will open folders! Cheers! *Smile Katie from India.

katieShan, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Double click on folders not working any more - Similar Threads - Double click folders

2. Double click on any folders , it opens "this PC".

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Double click on any folders , it opens "this PC".: When I open any folders, it opens "this PC". When I try win+r and type "control", it opens "this PC". Clicking folders on the "Navigation pane" works correctly. I tried anti-virus software, but it didn't find anything suspicious. I tried to log in with another local user...
  3. Double click on any folders , it opens "this PC".

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Double click on any folders , it opens "this PC".: When I open any folders, it opens "this PC". When I try win+r and type "control", it opens "this PC". Clicking folders on the "Navigation pane" works correctly. I tried anti-virus software, but it didn't find anything suspicious. I tried to log in with another local user...
  4. Double click on any folders , it opens "this PC".

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Double click on the folder is not opening it

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Double click on the folder is not opening it: Folder on this location is not opening on double-click: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans What to do? Goran https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/double-click-on-the-folder-is-not-opening-it/aa21da0d-6dd6-4fa8-8573-baa846f4454a
  6. Double-clicking opens folders but not files

in Windows 10 Support
    Double-clicking opens folders but not files: When I double-click on a folder, the folder opens. Good. But when I double-click on a file or document for the first time, it doesn't open (i.e., it doesn't launch the application to read that file). Instead, the filename is shaded and there's a box around the filename as if...
  7. Left click Highlighting of any text does not work correctly & Sometimes it double clicks on...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Left click Highlighting of any text does not work correctly & Sometimes it double clicks on...: Left click Highlighting of any text does not work correctly Sometimes double clicks on single click The issue happens on multiple systems – I have 5 computer systems 1 desktop 4 Laptop various makes/models Custom Desktop Lenovo Legion Y520 Lenovo Yoga 710 HP Specter...
  8. Gaming mouse- Double click folders "fast" not working...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gaming mouse- Double click folders "fast" not working...: I picked up a gaming mouse - a corsair m65 rgb elite. I think it's a little bit older? But I very very rarely play my 2 video games so I'm sure I don't find as much use out of it as a hardcore gamer, but it's really cool it's got a ton of buttons and flashing rainbow lights...
  9. [SOLVED] Folders not opening with double click

in Windows 10 Support
    [SOLVED] Folders not opening with double click: Recently, an issue arised in which I can't open file folders with double click. The spinning wheel cursor shows up for a split second but nothing happens. I have to open context menu and choose Open to access the folder. I noticed I can't open folders within Chrome download...
  10. Double click folder opens new folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Double click folder opens new folder: I have a fresh installation of Windows 10 Pro and for some reason when I double click a folder, it opens a new folder. Also the the folders that show in the left side pane, if I click on eg music, it opens a new folder. I have 2 drives and when I open a folder from each and...