Windows 10: Double click on the folder is not opening it

Discus and support Double click on the folder is not opening it in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Folder on this location is not opening on double-click: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans What to do? Goran... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Djvesic, Jan 6, 2021.

1. Djvesic Win User

Double click on the folder is not opening it

Folder on this location is not opening on double-click:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans

What to do?

Goran

:)

Djvesic, Jan 6, 2021
  2. KomouPoji Win User

Whenever I open a folder, it opens in new window (Windows 10)

Hi Pratyaksh,

To assist you further, let me ask.

• What changes have you make in the folder options?

• Is the error specific to a folder?
    I would suggest you to follow the steps and check if it help.

• Open file explorer, click on view and select options.

• Double-click on options, in the general tab click on Open each folder in the same Window.

• Click apply and ok.
    I hope the information is helpful and if you need any other assistance on Windows, we’ll be glad to assists you.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Jan 6, 2021
  3. Double-clicking a folder opens it multiple times, occasionally

As the title states, my problem is that occasionally (yet really often) when I double-click a folder or it's subfolder in order to open it in the file explorer, Windows somehow detects some additional clicks as well. I usually end up
    opening a folder in two separate file explorer windows. (It
    leaves the original folder I was in to the back and opens up the folder I double-clicked in to one or two new windows...)

I am pretty sure I've checked all the possible options for this one, but just to make sure, I don't mind if someone just suggests to look at those settings. Let's break this to things I've already made sure the issue is not in them:

• I have checked the mouse options for possible "single-click to open" -feature to be on, NOPE!
    • I have reviewed my folder settings if there would be something there, which I doubt is not the case, since this happens
      everywhere.
    • I switched from my mouse to my laptop's touch pad to see if the problem is in hardware, still happens.
    • I have updated my hardware drivers and checked their own setup software in order to find a solution for this madness, NOPE!

This is pretty irritating, since I work along with multiple website projects and opening folders and their subfolders are being a huge pain right now.

Any help granted will be appreciated!

ProDexorite, Jan 6, 2021
  4. Jacko28 Win User

Opening a Folder in VC++

I've recently started learning VC++ and it's coming along quite nicley, I've now been given a little task by my boss to add a button to an excisting Incident report program.

All the button needs to do is open a new explorer window and open the folder selected in the incident report program. There isn't a deadline for it, it's just to assist in my learning.

I'm not asking for anyone to do it for me, i just need a few suggestions on how to do this so i'm looking in the correct direction?

Thanks

Jacko28, Jan 6, 2021
Thema:

1. Double click on the folder is not opening it - Similar Threads - Double click folder

2. Double click on any folders , it opens "this PC".

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Double click on any folders , it opens "this PC".: When I open any folders, it opens "this PC". When I try win+r and type "control", it opens "this PC". Clicking folders on the "Navigation pane" works correctly. I tried anti-virus software, but it didn't find anything suspicious. I tried to log in with another local user...
  3. Double click on any folders , it opens "this PC".

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Double click on any folders , it opens "this PC".: When I open any folders, it opens "this PC". When I try win+r and type "control", it opens "this PC". Clicking folders on the "Navigation pane" works correctly. I tried anti-virus software, but it didn't find anything suspicious. I tried to log in with another local user...
  4. Double click on any folders , it opens "this PC".

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Double click on folders sometimes opens a new window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Double click on folders sometimes opens a new window: It's an annoying and wired problem that I couldn't solve even with reinstalling the Windows, which when I click on a folder, the folders will be open in a new window sometimes...Note it doesn't happen always!I'm not sure if this happens with an update on Windows 10 or not. I...
  6. Double click is not opening Windows Defender\Scans folder

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Double click is not opening Windows Defender\Scans folder: Folder on this location is not opening on double-click: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans What to do? Goran https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/double-click-is-not-opening-windows-defenderscans/aa21da0d-6dd6-4fa8-8573-baa846f4454a
  7. Double click on the Windows Defender\Scans folder is not opening it

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Double click on the Windows Defender\Scans folder is not opening it: Folder on this location is not opening on double-click: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans What to do? Goran https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/double-click-on-the-windows-defenderscans-folder/aa21da0d-6dd6-4fa8-8573-baa846f4454a
  8. Double-clicking opens folders but not files

in Windows 10 Support
    Double-clicking opens folders but not files: When I double-click on a folder, the folder opens. Good. But when I double-click on a file or document for the first time, it doesn't open (i.e., it doesn't launch the application to read that file). Instead, the filename is shaded and there's a box around the filename as if...
  9. [SOLVED] Folders not opening with double click

in Windows 10 Support
    [SOLVED] Folders not opening with double click: Recently, an issue arised in which I can't open file folders with double click. The spinning wheel cursor shows up for a split second but nothing happens. I have to open context menu and choose Open to access the folder. I noticed I can't open folders within Chrome download...
  10. Double click folder opens new folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Double click folder opens new folder: I have a fresh installation of Windows 10 Pro and for some reason when I double click a folder, it opens a new folder. Also the the folders that show in the left side pane, if I click on eg music, it opens a new folder. I have 2 drives and when I open a folder from each and...