Windows 10: Double click on the Windows Defender\Scans folder is not opening it

Discus and support Double click on the Windows Defender\Scans folder is not opening it in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Folder on this location is not opening on double-click: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans What to do? Goran... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Djvesic, Jan 8, 2021.

1. Djvesic Win User

Double click on the Windows Defender\Scans folder is not opening it

Folder on this location is not opening on double-click:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans

What to do?

Goran

:)

Djvesic, Jan 8, 2021

2. defender scans

Hi Ian,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might occur if you have set any task scheduler for Windows Defender.

I suggest you to delete the task for Windows defender and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Search and open Schedule tasks.

• In the left-hand menu, open the Task Scheduler Library, then select
      Microsoft >Windows >Windows Defender.

• Double-click Windows Defender Scheduled Scan.

• Select the Triggers panel, then select Delete.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jan 8, 2021
  3. David Haz Win User
    windows defender error code 0x80070428 and action center reporting 10 windows defender scans

Hi,

Windows Defender regularly scans your PC to help keep it safe. If you want to set your own scan schedule, you may follow the steps below:

• Search and open Schedule tasks.
    • In the left pane, expand Task Scheduler Library > Microsoft
      > Windows and then scroll down and double-click
      Windows
      Defender folder.
    • In the top-center pane, double-click Windows Defender Scheduled Scan.
    • Select the Triggers tab, and then select New.
    • Set your time and frequency, and then select OK.
    You may also turn Windows Defender real-time protection on or off:

• Select the Start button, then select Settings
      > Update & Security.
    • Select Windows Defender, then turn Real-time protection on or off.

If you need further assistance, feel free to ask us.

Regards.

David Haz, Jan 8, 2021
  4. Double click on the Windows Defender\Scans folder is not opening it

Windows Defender auto scan frequency

Hello,

Windows Defender regularly scans your PC to help keep it safe. To help resolve your concern, what we suggest is to schedule a scan in Windows Defender.
    Here's how:

• Search for and open Schedule tasks.
    • In the left pane, expand Task Scheduler Library
      > Microsoft
      > Windows, and then scroll down and double-click (or tap) the
      Windows Defender folder.
    • In the top center pane, double-click (or tap twice)
      Windows Defender Scheduled Scan.
      Double click on the Windows Defender\Scans folder is not opening it [​IMG]
    • In the Windows Defender Scheduled Scan Properties (Local Computer)
      window, select the Triggers
      tab, go to the bottom of the window, and then tap or click New.
    • Specify how often you want scans to run and when you’d like them to start.
    You may also read the Protect your PC article for more information.

Do let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards.

Raymond Ave, Jan 8, 2021
Thema:

Double click on the Windows Defender\Scans folder is not opening it

1. Double click on the Windows Defender\Scans folder is not opening it - Similar Threads - Double click DefenderScans

2. Double click on any folders , it opens "this PC".

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Double click on any folders , it opens "this PC".: When I open any folders, it opens "this PC". When I try win+r and type "control", it opens "this PC". Clicking folders on the "Navigation pane" works correctly. I tried anti-virus software, but it didn't find anything suspicious. I tried to log in with another local user...
  3. Double click on any folders , it opens "this PC".

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Double click on any folders , it opens "this PC".: When I open any folders, it opens "this PC". When I try win+r and type "control", it opens "this PC". Clicking folders on the "Navigation pane" works correctly. I tried anti-virus software, but it didn't find anything suspicious. I tried to log in with another local user...
  4. Double click on any folders , it opens "this PC".

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Double click on folders sometimes opens a new window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Double click on folders sometimes opens a new window: It's an annoying and wired problem that I couldn't solve even with reinstalling the Windows, which when I click on a folder, the folders will be open in a new window sometimes...Note it doesn't happen always!I'm not sure if this happens with an update on Windows 10 or not. I...
  6. Double click is not opening Windows Defender\Scans folder

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Double click is not opening Windows Defender\Scans folder: Folder on this location is not opening on double-click: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans What to do? Goran https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/double-click-is-not-opening-windows-defenderscans/aa21da0d-6dd6-4fa8-8573-baa846f4454a
  7. Double click on the folder is not opening it

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Double click on the folder is not opening it: Folder on this location is not opening on double-click: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans What to do? Goran https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/double-click-on-the-folder-is-not-opening-it/aa21da0d-6dd6-4fa8-8573-baa846f4454a
  8. Double-clicking opens folders but not files

in Windows 10 Support
    Double-clicking opens folders but not files: When I double-click on a folder, the folder opens. Good. But when I double-click on a file or document for the first time, it doesn't open (i.e., it doesn't launch the application to read that file). Instead, the filename is shaded and there's a box around the filename as if...
  9. [SOLVED] Folders not opening with double click

in Windows 10 Support
    [SOLVED] Folders not opening with double click: Recently, an issue arised in which I can't open file folders with double click. The spinning wheel cursor shows up for a split second but nothing happens. I have to open context menu and choose Open to access the folder. I noticed I can't open folders within Chrome download...
  10. Double click folder opens new folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Double click folder opens new folder: I have a fresh installation of Windows 10 Pro and for some reason when I double click a folder, it opens a new folder. Also the the folders that show in the left side pane, if I click on eg music, it opens a new folder. I have 2 drives and when I open a folder from each and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot open ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender scan folder

2. cant open programdata\microsoft\windowdefender\scan

3. cant opne folder C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\scans