Windows 10: Double click on touchpad and mouse not working

Discus and support Double click on touchpad and mouse not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; 2 or 3 days ago double click to open files and quit working w/the mouse and the touchpad. I see no settings describing double clicking in for the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Sarah Cynthia SylviaStout, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Double click on touchpad and mouse not working

2 or 3 days ago double click to open files and quit working w/the mouse and the touchpad.

I see no settings describing double clicking in for the mouse or touchpad. I have gone to the device manager and looked for mouse driver updates - there are none. I do not see the touchpad listed in device manager.

I am using an ASUS FX504 i5 8th gen.

I appreciate any help.

:)

Sarah Cynthia SylviaStout, Jun 19, 2019
  2. cauyao615 Win User

Mouse and touchpad not working

Hey did exactly what you suggested and the first time i did it the mouse cursor became visible, it was at the center of the screen but i still couldnt make it move with the touchpad and i plugged in my usb mouse and that doesnt work too. I did it a few moret times but cursor never showed up again and still could make either the touchpad or the mouse to work. Do you have anymore suggestion?

cauyao615, Jun 19, 2019
  3. nxavis9 Win User
    I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Jun 19, 2019
  4. Double click on touchpad and mouse not working

Windows 10 touchpad and mouse not working.

Hello David,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Touchpad and Mouse not working. We will certainly help you.

• Does the issue occurred for First using Microsoft Word or this issue occurs only when using Microsoft Word?
    • Have you installed all pending Windows updates?
    • Have you tried restarting your system and check if the issue persists?

This issue might have occurred due to faulty or corrupted Touchpad and Mouse drivers. Let's try updating the drivers and check if it helps:

Step 1: Follow the steps to update drivers:

1. Right click in the Start button.

2. Select Device Manager.

3. Click on the Touchpad and Mouse device and expand it.

4. Right click on the devices and select update drivers.

Step 2: If the issue persists,
    uninstall and reinstall the drivers.

1. Press
    Windows key + R key.

2. Type
    devmgmt.msc and press Enter.

3. In device manager go to the touchpad and Mouse devices.

4. Right click and
    uninstall.

After you uninstall the drives, I suggest you to reinstall the latest drivers from the manufacturing website and check.

For reference:

How
    to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jun 19, 2019
Thema:

Double click on touchpad and mouse not working

1. Double click on touchpad and mouse not working - Similar Threads - Double click touchpad

2. Double-clicking mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Double-clicking mouse: For a couple months now I have been experiencing my mouse double-click, and recently it has been triple-clicking at essentially every other click. I'm sure you understand this makes using a computer extremely difficult in a lot of cases. I have looked and it does seem to be a...
  3. Double-clicking mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Double-clicking mouse: For a couple months now I have been experiencing my mouse double-click, and recently it has been triple-clicking at essentially every other click. I'm sure you understand this makes using a computer extremely difficult in a lot of cases. I have looked and it does seem to be a...
  4. Double-clicking mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Mouse double clicking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse double clicking: Hi.I have some problem with my mouse in windows 10.. It double click. For example drag and drop is annoying my mouse suddenly click the next object. I don't know it's my mouse problem or software. But I want to first try the software one. Thanks for further helps!...
  6. Mouse double clicking

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse double clicking: Hi.I have some problem with my mouse in windows 10.. It double click. For example drag and drop is annoying my mouse suddenly click the next object. I don't know it's my mouse problem or software. But I want to first try the software one. Thanks for further helps!...
  7. Mouse double clicking

8. Touchpad double clicks at random

Touchpad double clicks at random: Hi, often when I use my touchpad to left-click it often performs a double click, I am pretty certain its a hardware issue as it does not happen when I use a mouse, but I was wondering if there is some option on windows that sets a minimum amount of time to pass to double...
  9. Mouse double clicks

Mouse double clicks: sometime when i click the computer registers it as a double click it seems to be happening even with different mice I have tried several different double click speeds. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-double-clicks/e62d6494-764f-4c16-94e5-808620d10c32
  10. Mouse double clicking

Mouse double clicking: I'm having problem with my mouse on this specific day, it keeps on double clicking even though I only clicked it once. This is a problem as it sometimes release what I'm holding which has negative effects for me to play, work, etc. I'm using a HID compliant mouse....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. double click on touchpad not working

2. double click on mouse not working

3. mouse double click not working

4. cannot double click on touchpad,
  5. double click touchpad,
  6. how to double click on touchpad,
  7. double click touch pad,
  8. touchpad double click is not working,
  9. double click on a laptop stopped working,
  10. touchpad douyble click is not working,
  11. double click on mouse pad not working,