Windows 10: Double clicking doesn't work on desktop

Discus and support Double clicking doesn't work on desktop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I double click an icon on the desktop, nothing seems to happen. However, I can select an icon, and then hit enter, the icon/program/site does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cfuglein, Aug 27, 2019.

1. cfuglein Win User

Double clicking doesn't work on desktop

When I double click an icon on the desktop, nothing seems to happen. However, I can select an icon, and then hit enter, the icon/program/site does work.

The same thing happens in Outlook. I double click or single click an item, and it will not display. If I highlight the item, then hit enter, the email will open.

Did I change an option somewhere?

:)

cfuglein, Aug 27, 2019

2. Double Tap doesn`t work on Lumia 620

Hello,

Double Tap to wake doesn`t work at my Lumia 620. I have all on in settings but still doesn`t work. I`m pretty sure that in update AMBER or BLACK this function works properly. But after DENIM update doesn`t. Maybe you are planning some update for this future
    ?

Thanks

Mariusz

MariuszBluma, Aug 27, 2019
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Double clicking doesn't work on desktop [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Aug 27, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

Single-click or double-click?

As the title says, do you single-click or double-click on your shortcuts to open your apps?

I'm a fan of single-click, the only downside is that often when I click on a message in de list of my mails in Outlook it can open the mail in a window...
    Not always but besides that, single-click works best for me.

P4-630, Aug 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Double clicking doesn't work on desktop - Similar Threads - Double clicking doesn't

2. Double Click

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Double Click: Hello, can somebody tell me how can i get rid off a double click it always makes me an issue. Thanks whoever responds. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/double-click/a7d1d883-46d8-4a60-a144-19b78ce96c19
  3. Double Click

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Double Click: Hello, can somebody tell me how can i get rid off a double click it always makes me an issue. Thanks whoever responds. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/double-click/a7d1d883-46d8-4a60-a144-19b78ce96c19
  4. Right click doesn't work on my desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Right click doesn't work on my desktop: Hi everyone, I can't seem to right click on my desktop to create a new folder. I can right click on my existing icons, but I can't right click anywhere else on my desktop. I have tried going into Registry Editor under directory and removing certain folders (I followed online...
  5. Double click doesn't open files associated with apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Double click doesn't open files associated with apps: Cannot figure out what has happened. I have Win 10 Pro ver 2004 OS-19041.685. A simple text file .txt will not open with Notepad after a double-click. I have to start Notepad, browse the file, and first then it can be opened. The same problem occurs with other associated...
  6. Can't disable "Double-click to Hide Desktop Icons"

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't disable "Double-click to Hide Desktop Icons": How do I disable "Double-click to Hide Desktop Icons"? I went into the Local Group Policy Editor and tried to disable it there but it doesn't work. While on the desktop I'll sometimes double-click by accident and it'll hide the icons. It gets annoying after a while. Any info...
  7. Double click on touchpad and mouse not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Double click on touchpad and mouse not working: 2 or 3 days ago double click to open files and quit working w/the mouse and the touchpad. I see no settings describing double clicking in for the mouse or touchpad. I have gone to the device manager and looked for mouse driver updates - there are none. I do not see the...
  8. Double click doesn't open htm/html files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Double click doesn't open htm/html files: Hi, in my new Hp EliteBook 850 G4, I've a very strange issue. I can't try a restore, since company gave me it after configurating it and updating to the last version of Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with Windows Update, and the issue was from the beginning. I've Microsoft Edge,...
  9. Right Click doesn't work on certain files if they are on Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Right Click doesn't work on certain files if they are on Desktop: Okay, this is a weird one, I can right click on files if they are in a folder, or even folder view, but if the files is an image file *.jpg, *.png, etc... I am unable to do a right click on it. Sometimes I can see the menu pop up, but then it disappears almost as quick as it...
  10. Remove this Menu from Desktop on double click

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove this Menu from Desktop on double click: Thank you ! This was a perfect solution. *Thumbs