Windows 10: double clicking on a file in file explorer

Discus and support double clicking on a file in file explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; when I double click on a file in file explorer the file comes up and so does a blank file in Word. How can I stop the empty file from coming up?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JamesSosnoski, Apr 10, 2019.

1. double clicking on a file in file explorer

when I double click on a file in file explorer the file comes up and so does a blank file in Word. How can I stop the empty file from coming up?

:)

JamesSosnoski, Apr 10, 2019
  2. Drone Win User

Single click or Double click - more productive ?

I use default settings. Double-click is used in Windows Explorer to open folders and files but I open files and folders with hitting Enter button. It's my old habit from MS-DOS and Norton Commander days which I ain't gonna change.

IIRC doors in Doom I and II are opening via double-click lol

Drone, Apr 10, 2019
  3. File Explorer, Right click not responsive

Regarding your concern with File Explorer, we suggest that you follow these steps to resolve your query.

• Open File Explorer and click the View tab.
    • Click Options, and select Change folders and search options. The
      Folder Options window should pop up.
    • Click View tab and check mark “Always show icons, never thumbnails.”
      double clicking on a file in file explorer 0a0866ea-811b-444d-836e-f29ca744e5b5.jpg
    • Click Apply and click Yes, when it asks, “Do you want all folders of this type to match this folder’s view settings?”
    • Click OK to close the Folder Options window and you may now use your File Explorer.

Let us know if the steps provided worked for you.

Genevieve Cri, Apr 10, 2019
  4. double clicking on a file in file explorer

Mouse (USB) double clicks on single click

We apologize for the confusion. This issue might be related to the File Explorer settings. To correct this, follow these steps:

• Type file explorer options on the search bar and press Enter.
    • On the Click items as follows, make sure that you opted for
      Double-click to open an item(single-click to select).
    • Select Apply and click OK.

Please check if the issue persists, we will be glad to assist you.

Justine Pel, Apr 10, 2019
Thema:

double clicking on a file in file explorer

1. double clicking on a file in file explorer - Similar Threads - double clicking file

2. Double click dose not open my file in File Explorer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Double click dose not open my file in File Explorer.: So I found an issue with double clicking my files. So when I double click my files, it will not open it up. I find this really, REALLY annoying to me. This also applies for disks, folders, media files, and others. This even happens for software that can open files on the File...
  3. Double click dose not open my file in File Explorer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Double click dose not open my file in File Explorer.: So I found an issue with double clicking my files. So when I double click my files, it will not open it up. I find this really, REALLY annoying to me. This also applies for disks, folders, media files, and others. This even happens for software that can open files on the File...
  4. Double click dose not open my file in File Explorer.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. ASAP Right clicking/double clicking on files in file explorer makes it not responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ASAP Right clicking/double clicking on files in file explorer makes it not responding: Hello, ive got a question, i cant RIGHT CLICK or DOUBLE CLICK or anything on files in explorer, if i do it makes it not responding, and also the cmd/powershell "run as administrator" is cant be open, it was working a while ago, but suddenly i have this problem, PLEASE HELP ME...
  6. ASAP Right clicking/double clicking on files in file explorer makes it not responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ASAP Right clicking/double clicking on files in file explorer makes it not responding: Hello, ive got a question, i cant RIGHT CLICK or DOUBLE CLICK or anything on files in explorer, if i do it makes it not responding, and also the cmd/powershell "run as administrator" is cant be open, it was working a while ago, but suddenly i have this problem, PLEASE HELP ME...
  7. ASAP Right clicking/double clicking on files in file explorer makes it not responding

8. Windows Explorer - File Renaming - Double Click to Select Word

Windows Explorer - File Renaming - Double Click to Select Word: When renaming a file in Windows Explorer, the double click selects a "word". The problem I'm having is the "Double Click + Drag". This not only selects the File Name, but also the File Extension. It is very clunky and bothersome, because I almost never want to change the File...
  9. Single/double-click to open file in Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Single/double-click to open file in Explorer: Recently my Windows 10 Home has changed from double-click to open files to single-click and underlining files as hyperlinks, even though it is set to double-click in folder options. I have restored the default settings as shown below but this has made no difference. Using the...
  10. Set Double Click of Office files in Explorer to "View online"?

in Windows 10 Support
    Set Double Click of Office files in Explorer to "View online"?: I'm setting up Office 365 with syncing to local folders for those that have a workflow that requires Explorer instead of navigating files and folder in SharePoint/Teams. I'm also testing how to use ONLY the online version of Office. I found that I can right click an Office...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. explorer doubleclick

2. files not opening when double clicking in explorer

3. windows explorer file double click