Windows 10: Double Clicking on Window 10 icon in Accounts Won't Do Anything

Discus and support Double Clicking on Window 10 icon in Accounts Won't Do Anything in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I was trying to remember/figure out how to change my login password. I read on The Edge to go to control panel>users accounts>double click on the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Vickyl71, Jan 23, 2020.

1. Vickyl71 Win User

Double Clicking on Window 10 icon in Accounts Won't Do Anything

I was trying to remember/figure out how to change my login password. I read on The Edge to go to

control panel>users accounts>double click on the icon, that which is mine I would like to change. Nothing happens when I do this. I do not want to have to Alert Microsoft that I am changing my password and having to click on Forgot Password when I did not. I just want to change it. And can I have my Login password different from my Microsoft Account email password?

Thanks

vickyl71

:)

Vickyl71, Jan 23, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jan 23, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Single-click or double-click?

As the title says, do you single-click or double-click on your shortcuts to open your apps?

I'm a fan of single-click, the only downside is that often when I click on a message in de list of my mails in Outlook it can open the mail in a window...
    Not always but besides that, single-click works best for me.

P4-630, Jan 23, 2020
  4. R9
    r9 Win User

Single-click or double-click?

Yes.

Thema:

1. Double Clicking on Window 10 icon in Accounts Won't Do Anything - Similar Threads - Double Clicking Window

2. Windows 10 double click bug?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 double click bug?: Hello I am using Windows 10 Pro 21H2 and every time I put my computer to sleep and then wake it up my mouse starts to double click not every click does but it happens quite often. Is this a possible/known bug or is it a piece of software I do have a mouse acceleration program...
  3. Double Click to open Taskbar icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Double Click to open Taskbar icons: The subject says it all. I am used to double clicking everything and want to do the same on Taskbar icons. I tried switching to single-click on everything, but File Explorer underlines every file and folder when you choose single click., which I don't like, so back to double...
  4. Double Click to open Taskbar icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Double Click to open Taskbar icons: The subject says it all. I am used to double clicking everything and want to do the same on Taskbar icons. I tried switching to single-click on everything, but File Explorer underlines every file and folder when you choose single click., which I don't like, so back to double...
  5. Double Click

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Double Click: Hello, can somebody tell me how can i get rid off a double click it always makes me an issue. Thanks whoever responds. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/double-click/a7d1d883-46d8-4a60-a144-19b78ce96c19
  6. Double Click

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Double Click: Hello, can somebody tell me how can i get rid off a double click it always makes me an issue. Thanks whoever responds. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/double-click/a7d1d883-46d8-4a60-a144-19b78ce96c19
  7. apps won't open by double clicking

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    apps won't open by double clicking: Apps on my desktop won't open when I double click on them. This is happening on both of my desktops. I'm wondering if it has something to do with a recent upgrade from windows....
  8. I set my wireless Microsoft mouse 5000 wheel to do a double click but it won't do a double...

I set my wireless Microsoft mouse 5000 wheel to do a double click but it won't do a double...: I have a Microsoft wireless mouse, Model 5000. I set the Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center software (latest version) for the wheel button to do a double-click. However it executes a double-click only sometimes; most of the time when I press the wheel it shows double arrows...
  9. Mouse not double clicking in windows 10

Mouse not double clicking in windows 10: I have tried single click, updating my machine, reinstalling the mouse. The driver can not be rolled back. Single clicking works only with desktop icons and documents but not other programs such as excel and word plus a few games. I am out of ideas. Anyone solved this...
  10. excel won't open with double click

in Windows 10 Customization
    excel won't open with double click: excel macro won't open another excel file as double clicking only opens a blank excel screen# https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/excel-wont-open-with-double-click/fead79dc-cd4d-44d8-8ac0-766c80d495a8